It's looking great, mate... Disappointed that you beat Liverpool though... :) I'm following, KIU...

April 2011

April 1st, 2011

A good start to the month as Manchester United manager Eric Cantona wins Manager of the month and winger Edin Hazard wins Young player of the month.

View attachment 134545 View attachment 134546

April 2nd, 2011

LATE WINNER SEALS 5 GOAL THRILLER FOR UNITED

View attachment 134547View attachment 134548

April 6th, 2011

AWAY GOAL VITAL FOR ARSENAL?

View attachment 134549View attachment 134550

April 9th, 2011

UNITED HIT SIX PAST SORRY FULHAM

View attachment 134551View attachment 134552

April 13th, 2011

UNITED SEAL SEMI-FINAL SPOT

View attachment 134553View attachment 134554

April 14th, 2011

Manchester United will play Champions League holders Inter Milan in the semi final with the 1st leg at San Siro on the 26th of April.

View attachment 134555

April 17th, 2011

Birmingham City and newcomers Blackpool has been relegated from the Premiership.

MAGPIES HOLD UNITED TO DRAW

View attachment 134556View attachment 134557

April 23rd, 2011

UNITED SEAL 3 POINTS AGAINST RIVALS

View attachment 134558View attachment 134559

April 26th, 2011

ALL SQUARE AT SAN SIRO

View attachment 134571View attachment 134572

April 30th, 2011

CRUCIAL AWAY WIN FOR UNITED

View attachment 134573View attachment 134574

View attachment 134575

next update tomorrow. will there be a prem and championship league double for cantona?​

May, 2011

May 3rd, 2011

UNITED ADVANCE TO CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL

View attachment 134578View attachment 134579

Manchester United will play Barcelona in Wembley on the 28th of May.

May 7th, 2011

COMFORTABLE WIN FOR UNITED

View attachment 134580View attachment 134581

Blackburn Rovers has been relegated from the Premiership.

May 11th, 2011

UNITED GIFT TITLE TO CHELSEA?

View attachment 134582View attachment 134583

May 22nd, 2011

UNITED SEAL TITLE AFTER CHELSEA LOSES AT HOME

View attachment 134584View attachment 134585

UNITED WIN TITLE

With Man Utd losing to West Ham in the 37th game of the season, Chelsea won away at Liverpool and gained a 3 point lead. Man Utd had to win at home to Birmingham and Chelsea to lose home to Spurs for Man Utd to win the league. Utd won home 2-0 and Chelsea lost 2-1 home which gifted the title to Man Utd. Here is the final league table and some player stats.

View attachment 134586

View attachment 134587

Man Utd striker Wayne Rooney wins Players's Player of the year. Eric Cantona wins manager of the year. Nemanja Vidic, Edin Hazard, Antonio Valencia & Wayne Rooney were picked in the team of the year.

28th May, 2011

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL

THE GAME WENT TO PENALTIES, WHO WON??

View attachment 134588 View attachment 134589 View attachment 134590

Gregory Van Der Wiel & Edin Hazard named in European team of the year.

next update tomorrow start of next season with a twist.

great story and it's good you haven't on too much straight away as it makes next season better:) follow my story if you like:)

CANTONA FORCED TO RESIGN

Manchester United manager Eric Cantona has been forced to resign from his post as manager as his wife Rachida Brakni, a French actress was involved in a major car crash in France. Manchester United haven't yet appointed a manager but whoever it is it will be a challenge as Cantona guided Man Utd to a 19th league title and a Champions League Runners-Up medal.

View attachment 134750
Next manager will have a tough job

SKY SPORTS BREAKING NEWS

View attachment 134757

Georgie Thompson: We've received unconfirmed reports that Manchester United have appointed Mathew Roberts as Eric Cantona's successor. Last season he won the Welsh Premier League with local club Bangor City and are now in the qualifying stages of the Champions League.
Ed Chamberlin: I can actually reveal Georgie that he has been confirmed as the new manager. Moments ago they released a statement on there website saying that Mathew Roberts has signed with the club for 3 years. They also added that a full press conference will be held tommorrow at 2pm.

==================================================

PRESS CONFERENCE

David Gill: The press conference can now begin!

Reporter: Welcome Mathew, how pleased are you to be seated here today?

Mathew: It's a pleasure being asked to manage a club as huge as Manchester United!

Reporter: How big of a step is it from the Welsh Premier to the English Premiership?

Mathew: It's massive you know. In Wales we only had 2 proffessional teams so as I said, it's massive!

Reporter: Do you feel any pressure?

Mathew: I think every manager feels pressure when your asked to take over a club and guide them to there targets!

Reporter: On that point, what are your targets?

Mathew: Well, I'm gonna use one of Eric's (Cantona) quotes, ' If i win quarter of the trophies that Sir Alex did, i'll be pleased '

Reporter: Do you think you can do that?

Mathew: If I think a couldn't, I wouldn't be sitting here now!

Reporter: Will you be bringing new players in?

Mathew: Most probably! With Van Der Sar, Gary Neville, Michael Owen, Ryan Giggs & Owen Hargreaves leaving the club, I think i'll have to bring some experience to the squad!

Reporter: It's been a pleasure talking to you, as I said to Eric, good luck!

Next update tonight with transfer news/club news and pre-season.

Pre Season News/Games

Transfers

IN

Luis Suarez - 25m - Ajax
Fabio Coentrao- 15m - Marseille
Iker Muniain - 10m - Athletico Bilbao
Sami Khedira - 5.25m - Real Madrid
Ezequiel Garay - 3.7m - Real Madrid
= 58.95m

OUT

Patrice Evra - 5.5m - Juventus
Gabriel Obertan - 5m - Palermo
Danny Welbeck - 4.5m - Arsenal
Federico Macheda - 4.3m - Real Madrid
Matt James - 3.4m - Real Madrid
Paul Pogba - 450k - Palermo
Gyliano van Velsen - 450k - Fulham
Charni Ekangamene - 400k - Hull City
Luke McCullough - 300k - West Ham
Robbie Brady - loan - Yeovil

Edwin Van Der Sar, Gary Neville, Michael Owen, Ryan Giggs, Owen Hargreaves - Released

News

Manchester United have revealed that work has finished on there youth facilities. They also revealed that Old Trafford will be given 16,000 more seats which will rise the capacity to over 90,000.

Pre-Season Games

Ajax 1-0 MAN UTD - Reginald Sno (76)

Lille 2-4 MAN UTD - Jan Polak (9), Anderson (11), Nani (27), Danny Welbeck (28), Jadson (pen 37), Dimitar Berbatov (54)

Altrincham 0-7 MAN UTD - Sami Khedira (4, 22), Joshua King (13), Tom Cleverley (17, 43, 62), John Cofie (86)

Newcastle Town 0-7 MAN UTD - Bebe (1), Antonio Valencia (5), J.Evans (28), Mama Beram Diouf (29, 39), Etzaz Hussain (86), Steve Milfin (og 89)

Antwerp 0-8 MAN UTD - Javier Hernandez (5, 55), Fabio Coentrao (15, 47), Wes Brown (18, 26), Tom Cleverley (69, 89)

Racing Santander 0-2 MAN UTD - Wayne Rooney (50), Nani (67)

Roma 0-0 MAN UTD

==========

Maybe August update up later on.

August

View attachment 134923

It was my first competetive game as Man Utd manager. A chance to get the ball rolling with a trophy. Unfortunately for me, it was against Liverpool, a big part of my teen years as I held a season ticket at the Kop with my granfather for over 10 years. I had a long chat with Mike Phelan on the way down to Wembley, we knew it was going to be something special!

View attachment 134926

View attachment 134927 View attachment 134928

Thought we could have won it in normal time but atleast we travelled back home with a trophy. First game, first trophy not bad.

Before we travelled down to London to face Chelsea in our first gam of the season, we confirmed that we sold one of our youngster Etzaz Hussain to Middlesbrough. He had a good potential but couldn't believe thathe could make it.

View attachment 134929

First day of the season but possibly one of the hardest trips of the season, Chelsea away. I told the squad on the way down that a point at Stamford Bridge will be fantastic as it's a hard place to travel but Mike (Phelan) thought that we could grab all three points. We talked and talked and finally picked our team we believe that could win at Chelsea.

View attachment 134933 View attachment 134934

A fantastic result for the lads. Conceding 2 at Stamford Bridge seems like a loss on paper but with the team spirit high after the Community Shield win, we managed to score 3 goals and most importantly 3 vital points to kick off the season.

It was Friday, the day before the first home match of the season against Di Matteo's West Brom. I let the lads have the morning off to watch the Champions League Group Stages draw. The first team in our group was Bordeaux, the lads knew it will be a hard place to go but confidence was high amongst the group. The next was Greek giants Olympiakos. As Bordeaux, it was going to be a hard place to go with the Greek atmosphere but again, the lads feel it's a place that we could get 3 points. The last team in our group was newcomers Slovan Bratislava. The only thing we knew about them was that they were from Slovakia.

View attachment 134937 View attachment 134938 View attachment 134939

An easy win on paper, West Brom home but we all knew that there attacking was fantastic and could catch us on the break. With our quality, we believed that we could kill them off in the first half.

View attachment 134940 View attachment 134941

A comfortable win in the end for the lads with Wayne grabbing a brace. The lads were in high spirits and all the new signings gelling in very quickly. David Gill phoned after the game saying congrats. He also added that Jonny Evans' younger brother Corry had moved to Swansea on a 5 month loan deal and young full-back signed for Portugesse club Sporting Lisbon for 3.5m. We believed his brother Rafael will be better cover than his twin brother. Next for the lads was an away trip at Aston Villa.

We drew Coventry City in the 3rd round of the Carling Cup at home. Me & Mike hoped we would not draw anyone from the Prem as we wanted to try some of the youngsters like Tom Cleverley which impresses me in pre-season. After that, we started to talk about the game at Villa Park, we knew that Villa was starting to get in there stride with former Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier. But again, the team spirit was high and we believed that we could come away with all 3 points.

View attachment 134943 View attachment 134942

Mike and I couldn't be more happier. We played Suarez alongside Wayne instead of Berba and my did it pay off. Suarez had a stormer with both goals for us and another 3 points to take us to the top of the league with the only team winning the first three games of the season.

View attachment 134944

==================================================​

Nice story good lay out I will keep following if you do likewise :p lol

again great layout:) but you didn't mention who moved to Sporting Lisbon? Through reading it without a name I guessed Fabio but remember, people are interested in were your players are going so read it over when you're typing. Apart from that, well done!

Cheers lads. Ye it was Fabio haha, was in a hurry so didn't look properly.

September

With the transfer window finished, we managed to secure a loan deal for Bebe to Championship club Nottingham Forest. We felt he wasn't ready to play with the 1st team yet so it was the best decision we could do as he wanted first team action and also experience. We also received an email saying that I picked the manager of the month award with the only team winning there first three games. In my first month, I didn't think a would have had a trophy and an award, it was a grea start for my Manchester United career.

View attachment 135139

Our first game of the month was a lunchtime kick-off against Merseysiders Everton. They played well in August but the luck wasn't on there side. We believed that we could make it four wins in four with the team we had and the support from the fans.

View attachment 135149 View attachment 135150

View attachment 135167

A good with and also another clean sheet for Igor Akinfeev whose form was getting better all the time.

Our first Champions League game of the season. A home tie against Slovakian's Slovan Bratislava. We made a couple of changes and hoped that would pay off.

View attachment 135151 View attachment 135152

View attachment 135163

very happy with the lads who was brought in. Darren Gibson had a good game in the middle of the park and that's why I told him to take the pen as he deserved a goal.

A game at St James's Park is never easy. Me & Mike knew they had talent especially there Spanish left-back Jose Enrique. We told eachother that it would be a good three points if we came away with a win.

View attachment 135153 View attachment 135154

View attachment 135168

It was a fantastic game and we were glad with the three points with both of our goals coming from goal machine Wayne Rooney. That was 15 points out of a possible 15.

Mike and I was planning a few changes as we faced Coventry City in the 3rd round of the Carling Cup. If the team played like they had in training, it should be comfortable.

View attachment 135155 View attachment 135156

View attachment 135169

In the end it was a comfortable win with Brazilian left-back Dodo scoring a screamer from 30 yards in added time.

Another lunchtime kick off at home but a lot harder. Arsene Wenger's Arsenal. They were still playing there Barca style football. It was going to be a hard game. We found out before the game that we would be facing Watford in the 4th round of the Carling Cup at home but I told the lads to concentrate on the Arsenal game. It would be great getting the 3 points.

View attachment 135157 View attachment 135158

View attachment 135164

Dissapointed with the defeat. Our first fefeat and it hit the lads hard. We were still leading the table but we don't want a performance like that again. On the positive side, young winger Iker Muniain managed to grab his first league goal for the club.

The game we knew that would be hard, Bordeaux away. We knew a win here would be a good win but we wouldn't be dissapointed with a point as we won our first game.

View attachment 135159 View attachment 135160

View attachment 135161

With 2 goals away, we thought we could have won but a point will do us in our first away game of the season in the group stages.

Luis Suarez come to my office and asked if he could home for a while becuase he was homesick. I accepted it as it wouldn't be fair keeping a player not settling in. He is due back at the end of October/start of November.

next update tonight hopefully.

October

Another great start to the month with our young winger Edin Hazard picking up the September Young Player of the Month award. It was well deserved fo Edin whose been fantastic since his first day here, a guy who always gives no less than 100%.

Our first game of October was a short trip to face Martinez's Wigan at the DW Stadium. Mike and I knew it would be hard playing there because of the dodgy surface but we believed that we had the talent to overcome that.

Wigan Athletic vs Manchester United

View attachment 135334

View attachment 135335 View attachment 135336

A great win for the lads having lost the last league game against Arsenal. It did come at a price as Ecuadorian winger Antonio Valencia picked up a knee injury which looked bad. The physios revealed that he torned he's knee ligament which rules him out for up to 2 months.

Our first home game of the month was against newcomers Middlesbrough. We knew if we played well, we could see a couple of goals here.

Manchester United vs Middlesbrough

View attachment 135358

View attachment 135359 View attachment 135360

A comfortable win for us with both strikers getting on the scoresheet.

We travelled to Greece to face Olympiakos in the third match of our Champions League group stage. We gave a start to young Tom Cleverley who impressed in training.

Olympiakos vs Manchester United

View attachment 135344

View attachment 135342 View attachment 135343

A good away performance with 'Chicharito' grabbing a brace and Muniain also on the scoresheet. The next day the same as Suarez, CB Garay wanted to leave for a bit as he wasn't settling in in England. Again, I granted it as I didn't want anyone struggling in the squad.

Following a good away win in the Champions League, we followed it up with another away game against newcomers Burnley. Last time the club played at Burnley, it was a 1-0 defeat at the start of the 2009/10 season and we didn't want a repeat of that again.

Burnley vs Manchester United

View attachment 135384

View attachment 135382 View attachment 135383

Glad there wasn't another shock with Hernandez scoring another brace, a player whose caught my eye this month.

It was the 4th round of the Carling Cup against the Hornets, Watford. They had a couple of young players that could cause us a few problems but we believed we had the quality to kill them off in the 1st half.

Manchester United vs Watford

View attachment 135392

View attachment 135390 View attachment 135391

As we hoped, we killed them off in the first half and Watford down to ten men after 30 minutes so there wasn't a shock at Old Trafford

Before the home game against West Ham, we watched the Carling Cup quarter final draw. We were relieved that we were on the left side which meaned we were home. Our opponent's came out, Everton. Not the best of draws but a team we won at the start of the season. After the draw, I told the lads to concentrate on the game ahead, we wanted to finish the month with a win.

Manchester United vs West Ham

View attachment 135411

View attachment 135412 View attachment 135413

Dissapointed to drop 2 points at home against a team we should have won but atleast we finished the month unbeaten.

next update tomorrow

November

This was the table at the start of November:

It was a good start to my Manchester United career. Mike (Phelan) was saying that if we could have a run like we did at the start of the season, the table will look fantastic by christmas. In this month were big games such as Manchester City & Liverpool at Old Trafford.

Manchester United vs Olympiakos - Champions League Matchday 4

Wayne Rooney (27,57), Jonny Evans (53)
Goran Lovre (44), Olof Mellberg (sent off 39)

A good performance from the lads with Wayne grabbing another two goals to his tally. Also, we qualified for the 1st Knockout Round with two games to spare.

We can also reveal, the highest attendence at Old Trafford was broken tonight as 88, 995 managed to watch the game between Manchester United & Olympiakos.

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Manchester United - Premier League Matchday 11

View attachment 135542 2-2 View attachment 135535

Stephen Hunt (10, 39)
Wayne Rooney (17), Nani (71)

Glad we came out of the game with a point. Played poorly but happy with two goals.

Manchester United vs Manchester City - Premier League Matchday 12

View attachment 135535 3-2 View attachment 135543

Nani (58), Darren Fletcher (79), Wayne Rooney (90)
Carlos Tevez (12, 25)

Dissapointing 1st half but a fantastic performance in the 2nd half, glad we had the win over the rivals.

The Old Trafford attendence record was broken again today as 91, 797 watched the Manchester Derby unfold.

Fulham vs Manchester United - Premier League Matchday 13

View attachment 135544 0-2 View attachment 135535

Wayne Rooney (20, 53)

Wayne's unstoppable, he can't stop scoring. One of the best players in the league.

Slovan Bratislava vs Manchester United - Champions League Matchday 5

View attachment 135545 0-1 View attachment 135535

Michael Carrick (54)

Another good away win and a deserved three points.

Manchester United vs Liverpool - Premier League Matchday 14

View attachment 135535 3-0 View attachment 135546

Wayne Rooney (25, 54), Luis Suarez (51)

Fantastic win against the major rivals. Again, Wayne cannot stop scoring and it was good for Luis to score after his leave.

next update tommorrow

Liking this as a man Utd fan... Hopefully Bebe will come good for you. Im excited about him.