Jamie1807

Reaction score
Sorry about the change, got an update for the 3rd and felt it was better to use this one.
RANGERS APPOINT JAMIE MACDONALD AS MANAGER

This morning at 11am, Rangers unveiled 30 year old Jamie Macdonald as the new manager, thus becoming the youngest Rangers manager in history just as it was announced Rangers would be playing their football in the Scottish Division Three next season.

Speaking to the media at Ibrox today, the new manager said: "It's a complete and utter honour to become manager of Rangers Football Club and in the process becoming the youngest ever manager in front of Graeme Souness. I actually got my first season ticket with my granda and uncle in his first season as manager. I am very grateful to Charles Green and Ally McCoist, who I am looking forward to working under as Ally is taking on a Director of Football role to help me."

"I was extremely lucky to play football here, obviously not as long as I would have liked having retired a few years back but I've done all my coaching courses, I've worked behind the scenes here and I feel I'm ready. I think it's a good thing that it's the third division, it will give me a chance to grow as a manager and my team to grow as a team."

View attachment 259901

BEITH 0 RANGERS 5

Pre-season friendly
Saturday, July 4th 2011
19:45
Bellsdale Park, Beith
Attendance: 1,500

RANGERS: Alexander, Broadfoot (Cole 46), Goian, Bocanegra (Perry 46), Wallace, Edu, McCulloch, Bedoya, Kerkar, Healy (McKay 73), Hemmings (Hutton 46) subs not used: Gallagher, Ramsey, Little, Hegarty, Naismith, MacLeod, T Skogsrud

Man of the Match: David Healy

Beith welcomed Rangers on a nice sunny night in Jamie Macdonald's first game in charge of Rangers albeit just a friendly match in front of 1,500 people.

Rangers like expected dominated the match as Macdonald set them out in a fluid 4-2-2-2 system and wasn't long until Rangers got the first goal. A long raking ball in the twelfth minute from Lee Wallace found David Healy in space in the box and he coolly slipped it past Mark Peat in the Beith goal.

Rangers had to wait twenty-five minutes before they got a second after much pressure on the Beith goal. An inswinging corner was flung in by Alejandro Bedoya which was nodded back across goal by new Rangers captain Carlos Bocanegra and his defensive partner Romanian Dorin Goian slammed his header into the top corner.

HALF TIME: BEITH 0-2 RANGERS

Just straight after kick-off, Kerkar had a fine solo run which had a shot blocked by a defender but David Healy was there to smash a shot past the goalkeeper for his second goal of the match.

Healy then grabbed a hat-trick on sixty-eight minutes when he scored a fine goal from a Kyle Hutton pass, within minutes he scored another goal when he headed in a Lee Wallace corner.

After the match, Jamie Macdonald spoke to Rangers TV: "Don't have much to say other then I'm delighted with my first match in charge and of course a great result. But the main aim of pre-season is fitness and I'll drum that into the lads but I'd love a few more results like this."

RANGERS PRE-SEASON ROUND UP

Bristol City 1-1 Rangers

Macdonald took his team down to Bristol to play his friend and former Rangers player Derek McInnes' Bristol City side in a game which was played in very windy and rainy conditions. 15 year old Darren Ramsey gave Rangers the lead with a fine goal from 25 yards. After the break Yala Bolasie scored a tidy finish to give both sides a share of the spoils

Rangers 3-0 Blackpool

A few days after the trip to Bristol, Rangers entertained Blackpool at Ibrox and ran out convincing winners against the nPower Championship side. Goals from Maurice Edu before half-time and a couple from Salim Kerkar and Andy Little after half-time gave Macdonald and the Rangers fans a good result and a fine performance.

Bristol Rovers 1-2 Rangers

Rangers traveled back to Bristol to take on City's cross city rivals Rovers, managed by former Celtic player Mark McGhee. The only goal of the first half came when Rangers midfielder Kyle Hutton slotted the ball past the goalkeeper from close range. Andy Little doubled Rangers advantage on 78 minutes to seem to steer the club into a win in their last pre-season game. Bristol Rovers Kayne McLaggon netted a consolation but it was too late.

Jamie Macdonald said of pre-season: "Yeah, it's very encouraging. Good results against decent teams, better then the teams we'll be facing this year. Good performances and mostly good fitness. I'm very happy and confident."​

RANGERS 3 CLYDE 0

Scottish Football League Challenge Cup Round 1
Saturday, July 23rd 2011
Ibrox Stadium, Glasgow
Attendance: 41,240

RANGERS: Alexander, Cole (Goian 81), Broadfoot, Bocanegra, Wallace, Edu, Hutton, Bedoya, Kerkar, McCulloch (Little 56), Healy. Subs not used: Gallagher, Naismith, Perry

Man of the Match: Maurice Edu

View attachment 260054

Jamie Macdonald's Rangers reign got off to a fine start as they brushed aside Clyde in the Challenge Cup at Ibrox Stadium this afternoon.

American Maurice Edu gave Rangers the lead in the 15th minute with a tidy finish from the edge of the area and he missed a chance to make it 2-0, four minutes later.

Rangers started to dominate much more after the first goal and they got their second in the 27th minute, when a Lee Wallace corner met the head of David Healy who nodded the ball past the goalkeeper.

Alejandro Bedoya then made it 3-0 with a thumping strike just before half-time.

Rangers were unlucky not to win by a few more goals but the young manager was extremely happy at full time.

Rangers manager Jamie Macdonald: "Very, very happy. My first official game at Ibrox Stadium, a great performance, some good goals and a clean-sheet. I've no complaints and this is the first time we've entered the Challenge Cup and we're looking to win it outright."​