A New Power in Glasgow - A Queen's Park FC story

Reaction score
qp1.png

Queen's Park F.C., a side from Glasgow as well as Scotland's oldest team.
In real life they're top of the championship, but I want to take them to heights they've never seen. Mission 1 will be getting us back into the top flight, then finding a way to win and become the dominant side in Glasgow. Mission 2 will be winning the holy grail, the Champions League.
Queen's Park used to play at Hampden Park, the 51k capacity home of the Scottish National Team, but have moved to Lesser Hampden which I believe is the training ground directly across. Not sure how it will eventually work but I hope we get to move back to Hampden one day in this save.

SEASON 1
My only action as far as transfers go was to bring in a new goalkeeper. Dean Lyness comes on a free from League 1 side Airdrie. A huge improvement on what we already had.
lyness.png

TACTIC
gameplan.png

This is the tactic we'll be using in season 1. I wanted a more forward thinking strategy as I'd like us to be as entertaining as possible. Despite the status of the team in real life the game has us predicted to finish bottom.
Here's how we stand as of September 4th. We put up a poor showing in the Premier Sports Cup. Other highlights include a huge win away at title favorites Dundee and a 2-1 loss to Inverness where we had 9 men for most of the game. My next update will come for the January window.
psc.png

sep4th.png

MID-SEASON REVIEW
image_2023-04-02_194349767.png

At the end of the January Transfer Window we are still fighting it out in this title race. The next time we play Dundee is at home on the final day, so we could see some late drama there.
In other competitions we are in the Scottish Cup Last 16 against Premiership side Dundee United as well as the SPFL Trust Trophy (A cup competition exclusive to non top flight teams) semi-finals against third tier side Dunfermiline.

Transfers
I couldn't afford the wages for the signings I tried to make, as well as some players flat out rejecting me so I got two cheap loanees to fill gaps for the rest of the season.
stewart.png

sweet.png

Our standout player for the first half of the season has been on loan striker Euan Henderson. He's our top goalscorer with 23 goals in 22 league appearances.
euan.png
The Hearts player is out of contract this summer so we'll be sure to monitor that.​

SEASON 2
Queen's Park are back in the Premiership! We are predicted to finish bottom at 800-1 to win it so a lot of work would be needed to prepare ourselves for this season. Here's what we did over the summer.

image_2023-04-03_202018332.png

Highly influential vice-captain Stephen Eze left as he was unsettled at his work permit getting rejected.
squad plan.png

MID-SEASON REVIEW
Here's how things are looking on Christmas day:

celtic.png

We lose out to Celtic in the League Cup final.

christmas.png

What a season! We're punching way above our weight with pre-season thoughts of relegation distantly behind us now. We've had a great run that included 1-0 wins over both Celtic and Rangers. I want to take things one step at a time but at this point anything less than a top 5 finish would feel like a massive second half of the season collapse. I want to highlight Euan Henderson who has made a seamless transition to this level of football, scoring 13 in 16 appearances on the wing as his role changes in our squad. A nod also goes to Arsenal loanee Khayon Edwards who has scored 10 in 13 as the main man up top.​

THE SPLIT
After 33 games the league splits into the Championship and Relegation groups. Unfortunately, the league has already been decided.
split.png

With 5 games left, all we have left to play for is Europe. We can qualify for Champions League playoffs by pipping Rangers to 2nd, alternatively we could go into Europa or Conference by 3rd through 5th. There is one more thing to fight for though.
image_2023-04-04_132936444.png

We go back to our home away from home (it's only a parking lot away from Lesser Hampden) to face 2nd division leaders St. Johnstone for a place in the final. The winner of this game will face Celtic or Aberdeen in the final. Winning the cup sends you into Europa League but depending on league results we might not need that qualification.

In other news, I've signed Celtic alumni Kolo Toure
kolo.png

END OF SEASON 2
pain.png

Unfortunately we lose yet another final at Hampden, failing to stop Celtic from completing their domestic treble.
celticneedtodie.png

We finished 3rd, not quite challenging Celtic but far ahead of every non Old Firm side. We'll be entering the Europa League playoffs in our 3rd season here.
image_2023-04-04_162231029.png

The board have given us quite the war chest to prepare for Europe! We definitely need a lot more quality and quality in depth if we're going to do well over the course of the big season we have coming.​

high.png

I forgot to mention that last season's 3rd place was a record for the club. Despite having 10 Scottish Cups they've never won the top flight.
SEASON 3
Queen's Park look ahead to our second season back in the top flight knowing we will have Europa League football to play. Major reinforcements were needed for the most demanding campaign yet.
signingspt2.png

signingspt`1.png

One player I want to highlight specifically is Cameron Bruce. He was a 16 year old Reserve left back when the save started but after tons of rotation and training he is finally ready to become the main man. Future captain in my eyes.
Bruce.png

EUROPE
By beating Brondby over two legs we've secured passage to the Europa League League Phase (I still hate this new format.)
scottish.png

Speaking of Europe, it came with an update on the stadium situation. UEFA have a minimum requirement of 8000 capacity, and Lesser Hampden only seats 2000. So for games in Europe we shall be renting The Penny Cars Stadium while remaining in Lesser Hampden domestically.
europeanground.png
Our Europa League Playoff here sold about 6000 tickets so we're not quite selling it out but that's around 3 times the average attendance at our current ground. The board have added a plan to expand Lesser Hampden so it doesn't seem like the dream move to the real Hampden is coming soon.​

SEASON 3 REVIEW
Unfortunately no mid-season review this time, here's a look back at this season's results!
yass.png

Not much of a step forward was taken in the league, at one point I was fine with finishing 4th as the Conference League is a competition we are more likely to make a serious push for, but it's another 3rd place finish as we head to another Europa Playoff. We were unable to bring either cup competition home, bowing out in the Semis of the Premier Sports Cup to Aberdeen and the Quarters of the Scottish Cup to Hibernian.
euroqueens.png

In the Europa League we impressed in the League Phase before being well beaten in the Last 16 by PSV.

The board have begun the process of serious renovations on Lesser Hampden
renovate.png

apartment.png

Looking ahead we're probably not going to close the gap between us and Celtic in one transfer window. I think our best bet is going all out in the cups and seeing if we can have anything to shout about in Europe.

UPDATES
I wasn't truly planning to return to this blog, but after recent events I felt that I just had to come back!
SEASON 4
season4.png

It would be a 4th place finish and another trophyless campaign for us this time, going back to Conference League.
SEASON 5
season5.png

We were Celtic's closest challengers although we still finished some distance behind them. We'd bow out of both cup competitions early, and only reach the quarter-finals of the Conference League.

SEASON 6
Now that we're caught up, here's the current (and best) season!
lalalala.png

the champs.png

ross county.png

Ross County would overcome the odds to beat us to the League Cup.

flyyyyy.png

We would FINALLY win a cup final at Hampden as we lifted the Scottish Cup against second division side Dundee United.

finally!.png

wheatus.png

After 6 seasons in charge Scotland's oldest club are FINALLY league champions! It shouldn't have been as close as it ended up being but we slipped up a lot, allowing what had been a 10 point lead to turn into a situation where we needed a final day win. But nobody will remember HOW, they'll just remember that for once, the ribbons were black and white as we bring the trophy to Lesser Hampden! (which the board are planning to replace with the process of finding a site to build a new 17000 seater stadium being in progress)

MY FAVORITE SIGNING
CAMILO.png

This young man was an exceptional player for us, and I felt I had to show him as he attempted a bicycle kick that hit the cross bar in the Scottish Cup Final.

LOOKING AHEAD
Now that we've won the double the next logical steps are a domestic treble, as well as becoming the first Scottish side in a long time to win a European honor. Breaking Celtic's point record would also be nice, as would invincibility. One step at a time though.​