Status
Not open for further replies.

leedsfan

Reaction score
Been playing fm for a few years now and I've really immersed myself into the youth development and tactic side if things. I never buy high priced players possibly 3 out of my whole 'career' id rather look to youth, yes I may not challange for titles for a while but I like the challenge. Rather buy players I invest into the youth set up, the recruiting the scouting, the facilities. To the point where im sporting state of the art training, exceptional youth coaching. Then I'll ensconce myself into the training side of things, best youth coaches. When this is established I'll add a couple of big buys to help the cause! Then comes the tactics:

Its always a fluid philosophy and close passing, the normal tika-taka way.
I line up with a sweeper keeper, a ball playing defender(set to cover or stopper, depending on his attributes), one normal defender set to cover/stopper - the partnerships that served me well and is a solid fondation for defence. Two typical full backs both on support duty. A anchor man for insurance when attacks breakdown, this role is extremely important, a typical player that doesn't get the credit he deserves ( busquets for bar a springs to mind), then a deep lying playmaker position in a centre mid position, he is the player who so often starts the attacks and helps the tempo, then an attack mid postioned just behind the striker not directly, but to the left or right, the centre of the pitch will line up like a zig-sag. Beside the attack mid will be to wingers who's roles.will be inside towards and the striker which is a tranquista, the formation is a possesion based game but equally an effective pressing game with a high defensive line and players playing higher up the pitch it makes it the ideal situation to press the ball in the oppositions own half and retain the ball as quick as you can. The results have been outstanding so far, I've conceeded 1 goal and scored an average of 3 a game, the key to defending is this; have all your defenders.set.to easy tackling and the anchor to normal, the rest should be set to hard, the reason being the defence will stand the player up never leaving a teamate exposed this will make mistake seldom, the midfield will hound like dogs, this is a blessing to the defence as they hold the opponents up the midfield and defence double up and press the ball, forcing them to make a mistake pass the ball back or to be tackled ( often the case) there is no counter attack checked.

The formation looks like this

. gk

. fb. CB bpcb fb

. anchor

. dlp

. insidefwrd. Am. insidefwrd

. Tranquista.

Only the am has creative freedom, the two inside fowrds and the striker have free roles.
one of the fullbacks has the feed runs set.to often, keep the defensive shape stable with around 4 players behind the ball most of the time. The attacking movement will have the dlp and am swap places often, and the three forwards finding space (barca esk).

One crucial thing is the players mentality, not one is set to attack, the highest is two clicks b4 attack, this keeps the ball from being forced toward. Instead the players probe and stretch the team
the CB have 1 click on normal, fullbacks 2, anchor 2, dlp 4, am 4 inside fowards 5 and striker 5.

Width is 1 click wide

Def line 3 clicks high,

Time waste rare 3 clicks

Tempo 3 clicks slow

Closing down press more

Roaming default

Creative freedom more disciplined.

Counter no

Offside yes.

Pass short

Playmaker dlp

Target man no

All players passing style all the way down to short
Except dlp with is 1 click mixed.

No tight marking except the centre backs.

The rest is up to you, fever find the balance, this depends.on your players abilities on as to what player instructions you give. I do recommend having one winger to foward runs and run with ball set.to sometimes and the other foward runs often and run with ball mixed. This gives a nice mixture and balance on either wing. And dont have many player with run with ball set to often, have just ur top dribbler who should have gopd agility and creativity (messi like).

Status
Not open for further replies.