A new type of challenge?

Kytz

Reaction score
I was just thinking about a new type of challenge while playing FM. I don't know if anyone else would be interested in this but since I already have a long term save (No signings allowed, only academy players) I won't be able to try it out fully but will probably be my challenge for FM20.

The challenge is that you're only allowed to sign youth replacements for your current best 11/bench players from their childhood/starting club.

For example:
If you're playing as Liverpool and you need a new goalkeeper, you can only sign a goalkeeper who has started at, and is currently playing at, Internacional since that is where Alisson Becker is from. If you need a new centreback, you can choose between Schalke 04, Willem II, Charlton, Queen's Park and Dinamo Zagreb. If you need a new rightback, you're stuck with your own academy.

You can obviously make this easier for yourself by allowing you to sign defender from Schalke instead of just a centreback. But the real challenge is trying to constantly find good/better players from the same starting club as your previous player.

You can also make this harder by not allowing yourself to use your own academy players but instead must rely solely on the designated club to provide you with talent. (since you sign the replacements before they turn 18, since thats considered a youth player, you wont have troubles with the Homegrown requirement)

Last edited: