A New United : F.C. United of Manchester

Brilliant layout and an excellent story so far. Will definitely be following this as i'm a United fan too!

Have you thought about asking the board to build you a stadium? How much does one cost at lower league football?

Have you thought about asking the board to build you a stadium? How much does one cost at lower league football?

Not sure how much they cost, but I am just about to load my game in now and I will request it haha, the bank balance isn't great so they will probably refuse.

I know FC United are currently in the process of sorting out a new stadium in real life as well.

I know FC United are currently in the process of sorting out a new stadium in real life as well.

Yeah, we will see where we are at at the end of the season. Currently cruising so far touch wood haha. Next update coming up soon, January.

Hey,

Hats of for the very nice and fun to read lay-out!!
Must be loads of work... :)

Good luck and will be following!

January : Cruising to the Title

View attachment 353717

View attachment 353718

View attachment 353727

A great unbeaten start to the New Year and some excellent performances in the FA Trophy too, quite excited for the future.

View attachment 353732

View attachment 353734

View attachment 353735

View attachment 353736

View attachment 353737

View attachment 353738

From the Table we can see that the bottom three teams Gloucester, North Ferriby and Redditch are struggling while my squad FC United are flying high with a 9 point lead with 2 games in hand which could take me to 15 points ahead. I am very pleased with our January performances.

View attachment 353756

View attachment 353758

View attachment 353760

View attachment 353764

View attachment 353765

View attachment 353741

View attachment 353742

View attachment 353744

View attachment 353745

View attachment 353747

View attachment 353748

View attachment 353749

View attachment 353750

View attachment 353751

View attachment 353752

I am delighted that I made possibly the best signing of my managerial reign so far with Aziz Deen-Conteh arriving on a free transfer after being released by Chelsea. I am quite surprised that he wanted to join and his pace and acceleration are key attributes to our success.

View attachment 353766

View attachment 353768

I am absolutely delighted with the progress the club has been making in terms of the financial state of the club. Profit yet again with £81,800 and a balance of £741,028, but the board are expecting this to change in the future.

View attachment 353770

View attachment 353769

A giant month ahead in February with the important league game against Tamworth at Home and the FA Trophy Semi Final which consists of 2 legs and fortunately we are at Home in the first leg.

View attachment 353773
  • February
  • Team Results
  • Team Stats
  • League Overview
  • FA Trophy Overview
  • Financial Overview

Transfer Press Conference

View attachment 354034

View attachment 354035

View attachment 354036

Rob Elliot has joined FC United of Manchester on a free transfer after he was released by the Newcastle United management back in August 2013 and since hasn't been able to find a new club until Rhodri Giggs came calling for a new Goalkeeper.

View attachment 354037

View attachment 354040

Reporter
:
Hello Rhodri, you sit here today with your new signing Rob Elliot, are you pleased to have got your man?

Giggs :
Hello, yes I am delighted a deal has been struck with Rob Elliot. I felt the squad was strong and that we were only really lacking between the sticks so to pull off a signing of this magnitude is brilliant.

Reporter :
Rob Elliot is no stranger to Non-League football having previously played in the Blue Square Premier on 2 occasions, will his experience be beneficial?

Giggs :
Of course it will, Rob Elliot has tasted the Premier League but yet to play a game in the Premiership, but still the experience he has will help us further our progression.

Reporter :
Rob Elliot is probably most recognised for the penalty save he made which proved vital in Accrington Stanley being promoted from the Blue Square Premier has Champions.

Giggs :
Yes, you are correct, one reason I brought Rob Elliot in was that fact alone, also he was in the Newcastle United line-up, but didn't get an opportunity.

Reporter :
That's great, I will now ask Rob Elliot a few questions if you don't mind.

Giggs :
No problem.

View attachment 354041

Reporter :
Hello Rob, welcome to FC United of Manchester, how do you feel?

Elliot :
Hello, thanks. I feel great and ready for the challenge ahead. I want to thank the FC United of Manchester fans for making me welcome.

Reporter :
That's great, what was the defining factor in you signing for Non-League FC United?

Elliot :
The defining factor for me signing for FC United has to be Rhodri Giggs and the challenge he told me about, the dream he has for the club.

Reporter :
Sounds interesting, what is the challenge and what are the dreams?

Elliot :
I don't feel it's my place to comment on that to be honest.

Giggs :
I will cut in here, the challenge I put to Elliot was to sign for FC United and be the first choice Goalkeeper and help us climb the ladder up the structure to the top and the dream here at FC United is to be playing in the Premier League.

Reporter :
Thank you Rhodri, sounds like a big challenge and big dream you have for FC United, good luck to you both.

Elliot :
Thank you and speak to you again soon.

Really liking your layout. Good luck taking them to the Prem!

FA Trophy Semi Final

View attachment 354074

View attachment 354075

View attachment 354077

View attachment 354078

View attachment 354082

Reporter :
Hello Giggs, you have guided FC United to the final of the FA Trophy, how do you feel?

Giggs :
I am absolutely delighted! We are currently top of the league and now we are in the final of the FA Trophy, put credit has to go to the squad for performing the way they have been.

Reporter :
The final will see your Northern Division side play a 4th placed Southern Division side Welling United, how do you rate your chances?

Giggs :
I have got to consider my squad as favourites for this tie due to our form over the season, before the season began we were touted as finishing 17th and maybe floating with relegation, but we have proved everyone wrong.

Reporter :
I have to agree with you there, Sir Alex Ferguson has again spoke out about your performances as Manager of FC United and believes you have a lot of potential.

Giggs :
It's a great compliment from probably the greatest Manager in the world, in my eyes. Thank you.

Reporter :
Thanks again Giggs, good luck for the final and we will speak to you soon.

Giggs :

February : Unstoppable

View attachment 354087

View attachment 354088

View attachment 354089

View attachment 354090

View attachment 354091

View attachment 354092

View attachment 354093

View attachment 354094

We are now sitting 17 points clear of 2nd placed Chester which is delightful and Abou Coulibaly sits top of the scoring charts with 25 along with Mike Symons.

View attachment 354095

View attachment 354097

View attachment 354100

View attachment 354101

View attachment 354102

View attachment 354103

View attachment 354104

View attachment 354105

View attachment 354106

Another great month in terms of finances with a profit of £75,380 which leaves a balance of £816,408.

View attachment 354107

View attachment 354108

A pretty clear month in terms of fixtures as there are no more Cup fixtures until the final of the FA Trophy in May so I am hopeful we can kick on this month.

View attachment 354109

• [*=left]March
    [*=left]Team Results
    [*=left]Team Stats
    [*=left]Youth Intake* (if we get one?)
    [*=left]League Overview

March : Champione Champione Ole Ole Ole

View attachment 354165

View attachment 354166

View attachment 354174

View attachment 354175

View attachment 354178

View attachment 354182

View attachment 354187

View attachment 354179
View attachment 354184

View attachment 354185

View attachment 354190

View attachment 354201

View attachment 354203

View attachment 354208

View attachment 354210
I was surprised we even got a Youth Intake too be honest and these players look fantastic, Jamie King has already made it into the first team taking the place of Lee Hendrie who is a little old now, other than that I am delighted.

View attachment 354198

View attachment 354200

View attachment 354215

View attachment 354217

View attachment 354219

Will I ever win Manager of the Month? Come on guys!

View attachment 354221

View attachment 354223

View attachment 354225

View attachment 354226

The next update will consist of April and May as the season finale approaches with a chunk of games in the Blue Square North and the big one, the FA Trophy Final.

View attachment 354227

• [*=left]April & May
    [*=left]Team Results
    [*=left]Final League Table
    [*=left]FA Trophy Final
    [*=left]World League Tables
    [*=left]European Competitions & Awards
    [*=left]World Player Awards
    [*=left]International Update

Last edited:
CRASH!

I am so annoyed! I was saving the game and my computer froze! So I have a corrupt save file!

I have previous versions turned on, but when I select previous versions of my save it cannot find one even though it can find one for a FM2012 save.

Gutted doesn't explain how I feel after guiding FC United to Promotion and the FA Trophy triumph!

I will think of a new story and start again....... urgh.......

Any ideas on a new story guys?

That is a nightmare mate, was well into the story as well :( Would you want to start lower league or any team? Would love to see a Sunderland story by someone but Ebbsfleet is another if your looking at lower league level maybe?

Thats an absolute nightmare. How about Guernsey FC in the 9th tier? This is their first season as a football club.

Please do a Ajax story, working with youngsters, win champions league ;)