A Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Story - Molde and beyond

liamboyall7

Reaction score
Solskjaer Signs New Contract

After clinching the Norwegian Premier Division for the first time in their history, Molde manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been offered a new contract till December 2013, worth a reported £3,500 per week.

In an exclusive interview with Sky Sports News, Solskjaer had the following to say ...

" I am delighted to have signed this new contract, winning the league last season is one of the highlights of my career to date. Now I and the team have to build upon this success and create a new legacy for the club and its fans."

When asked on his future desire has a manager he gave an interesting answer ....

"For now and the forseeable future I will be with Molde. This is a club who hold a special place in my heart and I intend to bring all the success I can to the club. Me and my family are happy to be back in Norway after many years with Manchester in England, and I dont want to disrupt thier lives for my personal gain. But maybe in the future I would love to manage in England, but that day is not coming soon."

View attachment 247858

Solskjaers promising start with his managerial career has risen eyebrows on the continent. Before Molde he had a promising stint with Manchester United reserves, with Sir Alex saying he could be a potential candidate to succeed him.

But has the Premiership currently stands like this, It wont be long before a club, like Villa, Stoke or West Brom will want Solskjaers experience and potential will come calling.

View attachment 247862

Managers Pre-season Review :

View attachment 247890

Mixed feelings about pre-season. Despite two massive wins against lesser opposition, dissapointed in drawing the two other games. And didnt get as many friendlies in as I really wanted to, and so the tactics are still not fully trained.

Signings :

View attachment 247892

Made three signings during the transfer window. Kezman just for his experience and hoping to get him back to his PSV goal scoring ways.

Maicon, for 70k is a steal! Happy to get a signing with this type of talent for so little. Hope he can have a massive impact on the team.
View attachment 247893

The other signing was Majewski from Forest on loan. Beleive he will have a big impact and role to play this season and hope he can deliver.

Tried to make a ambitious bid for Hernan Crespo. His experience on and off the pitch could of been vital but just couldnt meet his wage demands.

Other than that I am currently happy with most of the team and the set-up. Could do with another striker but other than that im happy.

Key Player :

View attachment 247896

The ex-united youngster can have a bright future here at Molde. His playmaking and creative skills are of a good standard and hope he can produce this season and many to come.

Solskjaer wanted by Villa!!!

View attachment 247929

After Alex McLeish was sacked by the Villa Chairman Randy Lerner after finishing a dissapointing 14th place.
Solskjaer is only one of a number of names which all include Villa-Boas, Laudrup and Peter Grant.

Solskjaer has a growing reputation in the football world after winning the Norwegian league last seasona and a promising start this term.

However, Solskjaer has claimed in recent months, that he is happy to stay at Molde for the forseeable future and has no plans to uproot his family.

Solskjaer and Molde on the march!

With half of the season completed, it would look like Molde and their manager are on the way to glory.
With 11 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats, Molde currently stand only a point behind current leaders Tromso, with a 7 goal goal advantage to their name, Molde are looking strong for the title.
View attachment 247964
After losing their intial two games at the start of the campaign, Solskjaer has managed to rally his troops and go on a thirteen match unbeaten streak with a club record of seven straight wins they seem an unstopable force at the minute.

While questioned on the teams current run, Ole answered with this ...

"Its a great run we are currently on. We are the form team in the league at the minute and intend to overhaul Tromsos' lead. The players are looking both technically and physically great at the minute and so is no reason why our current run cant go on. But I have to say thankyou to the fans, without them this would not be possible."

Managers overview of first half of season :

So far so good. Was a strange start to the season, losing the first initial two games but we have recovered well. Currently second in the league and hope to do a famous double.

View attachment 247990View attachment 247991

Impressed with Kezman. Didnt expect anything from him in all honesty. But for free and very little wages he has been a great signing! Scoring 12 goals in 14 appearences, 5 assists and 5 MoM with an overall average of 7.69 this is all a great return.

View attachment 247988

Pleased with Maicon as well. Leading the scoring charts with 14 goals in 19 appearences.

Signings :

Only made one signing so far. You will all know Robert Pires. Not the best physically now, but brought him in for his experience and nack for getting the key goals.

View attachment 247989

Molde and Solskjaer Celebrate retaining the Title!

It came down to the last game of the season but Solskjaer and his boys have triumphed and retained the Norwegian Premier League title. A 2-0 home win against a strong Stabaek was enough to retain the league, their second only ever league title.

Seconds after the final whistle had gone, the 10,000+ strong crowd invaded the pitch to celebrate amongst thier heroes, and to watch them lift the division crown.

View attachment 248059

One fan commented ...

" This is a fantastic day for the fans, players, manager and club. A magnificant moment in the clubs history. All playing and non-playing staff have done themselves proud. I will never forget this moment."

While another said ....

"What a Manager Solskjaer is! Two league titles already with the club. He is a true great and he can bring the glory days to Molde for years to come"

Last winter suprise signing Mateja Kezman lead the scoring charts with 32 goals in 27 appearances. His first 30+ goal season since leaving PSV in 2004. Already a club favourite many belive he will be an integral key in Solskjaers future plans with the club.
View attachment 248062

After the on-pitch celebrations, we managed to track the key man down. Solskjaer had the following to say to us ...

"What a day, second title with the club, amazing! Like to deidicate this to the fans who have been great all season without them this would not be possible. And to the chairman, he installs trust in me which is great, he deserves this"

But when questioned on his future, has more Premier League teams look towards Solskjaer, he had this to say ...

"Im contracted to Molde, Im enjoying it here, my family are too! But if a good enough offer was to come in, I would take it into consideration."

Managers Season Overview :

The team have performed well. Despite lacking a strength in depth the team have came together like non before and performed magnificantly. Got nervous towards the end after losing 3-2 to Tromso, they had the title in sight, we got lucky they slipped up and we held our nerve superbly.

View attachment 248067View attachment 248069View attachment 248071View attachment 248074View attachment 248075View attachment 248076

Player of the Season :

Only one real contender for this. A real surprise as I really didnt expect it. But he has proved me wrong, Mateja Kezman has been back to his former self once at PSV scoring over 30 goals this season, 29 in the league to help us secure that crown. Hope I can get the same next season (If Im still here).
View attachment 248078

Thanks mate. Completed a season in a day, haha stick with me, got big plans for Ole Gunnar :)

Molde Champions already?

Despite only being half way through the season, pundits are already claiming that the title is Moldes' to lose. After fifteen games Molde stand proudly at the top of the Norwegian Premier League. Fans are said to be delighted at how Solskjaer has managed to turn the club around in the last few years, turning them from whipping boys of the league to being the most feared team they are now.

Standing 10 points and a magnificant +17 goals ahead of the team in second, Molde have had an amazing first half of the season which sees them a point better off than last term. This is in no thanks to Danny Hoesen who has scored 24 goals in the league alone, in just fifteen games.

View attachment 248216View attachment 248217View attachment 248218

Solskjaer is meant to be delighted with his teams performance and commented ...

"The team has made a great start to the league this season, magnificant. But we need to keep our composure, determination and concentration up if we are retain the league again. This is going to give us great confidence going into the Champions League qualifiers"

Managers first half season review :

Been my happiest since Ive got to Molde. A fantastic start to the league and cup with a real chance of a double. Players are performing amazing at the minute and hope to keep this going.

Transfers :

Made some real key signings this summer with great experience. Geovanni and Chimbonda have added great experience to this young team. But Hoesen has been my greatest ever signing. Keeping Kezman on the sidelines with 31 goals in 19 games!

View attachment 248219

Plans for the next half :

- Win the League
- Win the cup
- Qualify for the Champions League

Next Update : September

Good start mate, good post! I will be following, I've done another update if you don't mind checking it out and giving me some feedback. look forward to September post

Molde make Norway proud!

For their second only time in history, Molde have managed to secure a place in the Champions League group stages.

View attachment 248643View attachment 248644

This is a magnificent achievement for any team in Europe, but especially for a Norwegian team has they have to get through three rounds of qualification. First they saw off Sheriff, followed by a tricky Bate team and lastly the ever strong Sparta Prague.

Molde v Sheriff 9-0
Molde v BATE 3-2
Molde v Sparta Prague 3-0

But this is where it gets tricky. Molde have been handed one of the hardest groups in the competition. They have been drawn with PSG, FC Kobenhaven and the giants, Real Madrid. These teams are going to be tough to beat, but most defiantly bring in some much needed income.

Pundits, fans and critics alike all dont expect Molde to get any further in the competition. But have done themselves and everyone connected to the club proud.

Will Solskjaer stay?

Molde chiefs are get worried and drawing up measures just in case Solskjaer doesnt sign a new contract. With only until December 31st until his contract runs out Molde chiefs will have to move quick and secure his future.

Everyone asscoiated with the club want Solskjaer to stay due to his massive popularity withing Molde, as well as his nack of winning trophies.

View attachment 248649

In only 3 seasons at the club, Solskjaers has won 2 league titles with a high possibility of adding a third this term. He has also reached the final of the domestic cup this season and so another chance to add to his CV. But perhaps one of his biggest acheivement at the club is qualifying for the Champions League, bringing the club back onto the Continent.

But close freinds of Ole have mentioned his desire to move on from the Norwegian minnows onto one of the powerhouses in Europe.

In time we will tell what Ole Gunnar will decide to do, but we think its fair to say, his lost will be felt in Norwegian football.

Molde Crowned Champions of Norway!

Molde have been crowned the champions of Norway for an amazing 3rd consecutive time. The feit is even more sweet for Moldes' fans and players as it comes with four games to spare. They have been head and shoulders above everyone else in Norway this season, with perhaps one of the greatest teams of recent years.

View attachment 248668

Fans and players were quick to pay tribute to club legend and manager Solskjaer pinning their success on him. Since he took over he has managed to win 3 consecutive titles with a Molde squad who rarely saw success. Now they are one of the most feared teams in Norway and wont be long before Europe take notice.

Captain Majeta Kezman had this to say to us ...

"To be part of this is amazing. One of my proudest moments in football to defend the title and captain this side. Thanks to Ole for bringing me here, what a send off for me this is"

While veteran Robert Pires said ...

"Fantastic. So proud. The fans deserved this. YESSSSSSS!!!"

In an exclusive interview Solskjaer said ...

"So happy for the team and fans. Been a great season for everyone involved at the club and we and the fans deserved this title. For a third title in a row, is a special feeling for me, but its the fans and players who are to thank they have been magnificant!"

But with another title added to his CV it wont be long before the power houses of Europe come calling for Solskjaer who by many is seen as the reason Molde have became success!

Molde make History!

Molde have made history tonight in winning their first league and cup double. In a somewhat one sided scoreline Molde came out 4-0 victors. Despite only having 45ish % of the possession it was Solskjaer and his boys who showed they had the lethal touch when it came to shooting the ball.

View attachment 248670View attachment 248671

It was once again Danny Hoesen who was the star man and names Man of the Match scoring two goals on the day.

But it was Solskjaer who was the name on everyones lips has the crowd sang and cheered his name. With two contracts already rejected by Moldes' man, it looks like this will be the end of Solskjaers career at Molde.

Solskjaer one of Moldes' all time greats!

In three seasons as manager of Molde Solskjaer has already became a legend at the club. Winning three consecutive titles, which the first title was thier first in history, aswell as winning the Domestic cup once and Champions League qualification, Solskjaer has made himself into one of the greats.

Solskjaer has managed to turn Molde around, and into one of the most feared teams in Norway. Depite only having a years worth of management under his belt before Molde, Solskjaer has done an amazing job and one he can be truly proud of.

Managers Season Review :

The best season of my Molde career. The team really gelled and got some fantastic results, and became the best team in Norway by a country mile. At times it was all to easy for us and played teams off the park.

Finished on a high record of 79 points in a season. Winning 26, drawing 1 and losing just 3. Such great results meant we wrapped up the league with four games to spare. As well as the league we won the domestic cup with a magnificant 4-0 final victory.

View attachment 248694View attachment 248695View attachment 248696

But on the continent we also went from strength to strength. Despite only being tipped to get through one stage of qualification we managed to get through all three, and qualify for the group stage for our only second time in history. We had some great results vs PSG and FC Kobenhaven but got battered by Real Madrid. But we still failed to qualify any further but should be proud of our selves.

My player of the season, was magnificant signing for less than 100k, BARGAIN! He bagged 58 goals in 45 appearances in all competitions, which for any player is an amazing achievement. Didnt expect much from him at all to be honest. But kept last seasons here Kezman out of the team all season, and to get 58 goals is sheer quality. This man is Danny Hoesen.

View attachment 248699View attachment 248701

Solskjaer to leave Molde ... !

In not so shocking news it has came out that Solskjaer will be leaving Molde this december when his current contract runs out. Despite the boards best attempts at getting the popular manager to stay with two contract offers, Solskjaer has decided to turn them down and move on when his current contract runs out.

This is somewhat alarming news for Moldes fans has they all name Solskjaer as the man who brought sucess to our shores.

One fan outside the stadium has this to say ...

"Its disapointing news, he his one of the greatest managers around and his loss will be felt. He has brought success to the club but wish him all the best in his future."

Another said ...

"Hes achieved all he can here, so dont blame him moving on, just glad to have been here when he was."

Chairman of Molde, Erik Berg gave us a brief statement ...
"It is with disapointing news that Ole has decided to leave the club when his current contract runs out. I tried my best to keep him around but we could not match his ambitions. He has been a great honour to work with and be a part of his success he has brought to the club. Where ever he ends up, they will have secured a fantastic manager, wish him all the best. That will be all for now."

We managed to track Ole down and he had this to say ...

" Yes, its true. But I will never forget my time here, it has tought me a lot as a person and manager. Been a fantastic 3 seasons and a very successful ones at that. I would like to thank everyone at the club, Erik, the players and fans for all holding their trust in me and i cannot be thankful enough. But for my future, who knows, we will just have to wait and see."

Solskjaer holds a glistening CV to date, any club in Europe should be interested in his services. But for Molde, these will be tough times ahead, and time will tell if they will miss his presence.