A Pirate's Favourite Football Team - Q P Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Reaction score
NOTE - I'd like to apologize for my previous actions on this website and after time away cooling off, I've got a story which will be in the long run. Please, if you have any beef with me, PM me. Don't troll the page. I'm back, better than ever.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

article-2237190-162E4976000005DC-76_634x427.jpg

Harry Redknapp parts with QPR
66 year old leaves via mutual consent
Harry Redknapp has left Queens Park Rangers by mutual consent after the club's relegation from the Premier League. Redknapp won just three games in charge of the club with one of those against Chelsea. Redknapp signed Christopher Samba for a club record ?12 million from Anzhi. Samba was sold back to Anzhi a few days ago. Redknapp released a statement on the QPR website thanking the fans for loyal support. "I'd like to thank the fans for their loyal support during my time in charge. You supported the club through thick and thin and I am thankful for your support in me. QPR are in a strong position for promotion next season and a return to the Premier League in a stable position is inevitible. Myself and Tony have agreed it is best to go our separate ways and I would like to thank him for supporting me and we have parted on great terms. I wish QPR every success from next season and beyond." Odds on Redknapp's replacement see Alan Curbishley and Avram Grant amongst the favourites. The club have placed 27 year old reserve coach Stephen Gibbs in charge.

Last edited:
loftus-road-general-4x3201-1307798_478x359.jpg

QPR appoint Stephen Gibbs as manager
Reserve manager given contract until end of season.
Queens Park Rangers have appointed Stephen Gibbs as manager on a one season contract. Gibbs has worked with QPR since the age of seven after joining the club as a youngster. Henry played for the QPR youth teams and made one league appearance for the club against Crystal Palace. Gibbs retired from football after never recovering from a leg break. Gibbs was announced as manager via a tweet from Tony Fernandes saying;
Delighted to announce Stephen Gibbs signs one year deal as manager. #Rs #QPR
More to follow

Last edited:
loftus-road-general-4x3201-1307798_478x359.jpg

Stephen Gibbs: Don't expect further signings

New QPR boss happy with squad Redknapp leaves behind.
Stephen Gibbs announced in his unveiling that he doesn't intend to sign any players and said he was 'delighted' with the squad inherited from Harry Redknapp. High earners such as Julio Cesar, Esteban Granero and Stephane M'Bia are currently out on loan. Redknapp has signed Danny Simpson, Richard Dunne, Gary O'Neil, Yossi Benayoun and Aaron Hughes on free transfers with Oguchi Onyewy and Javier Chevanton both on trial at the club but failing to sign contracts. QPR signed Karl Henry, Matt Phillips, Coal Donaldson and notably Charlie Austin from clubs for a reported total of 10 million pounds.

Last edited:
phillips-448756.jpg

Matt Phillips debut hero for QPR

Scot scores twice and assists as QPR thump Sheffield Wednesday 5-1.
Matt Phillips, Gary O'Neil and Charlie Austin all had debuts to remember as the three scored a combined five goals against Sheffield Wednesday at Loftus Road. Phillips and O'Neil both scored twice while Phillips assisted once and Charlie Austin grabbing a goal in the 87th minute. Michali Antonio put Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 up after 30 minutes but 1 minute into the second half Matt Phillips equalised before doubling his tally six minutes later. Gary O'Neil scored his first goal in the 69th minute and five minutes later netted his second. Manager Stephen Gibbs was delighted as shown in his post match conference. "I'm delighted at the result which brings a great morale boost to kickstart our season. Matt, Gary and Charlie were exceptional today and should be heralded. If we can perform like that all season we'll storm the league easily. I'm delighted for the fans who only saw four wins last season and I thank the fans who renewed their season tickets and to the fans who buy tickets every week. They make football. The players did me and the fans proud today."

Last edited:
1216987-25397013-640-360.jpg

QPR sign Lukasz Fabianski
Polish goalkeeper joins from Arsenal
Stephen Gibbs has made his first signing as Queens Park Rangers manager bringing in Polish goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski from Arsenal for a reported fee of 400,000 potentially rising to 900,000 depending on appearances for the club. Gibbs told the QPR website he was delighted Lukasz agreed to join Rangers. "It's a great signing for us, I'm sure he will engage in competition with Robert for the starting position which is healthy rivalry in my eyes. He's got experience and contrary to a lot of people, he is a top goalkeeper. He kept a clean sheet against Bayern Munich and put on staggering performances when he replaced Szczesny in the lineup for a period last season. I'm sure he will do well here and hopefully that will divert the sharks to find someone else to pick on. I'm chuffed he's here." It is unknown whether Fabianski will make his debut against Torquay on Wednesday.

Last edited:
_72130542_hargreaves_spotlight_screengrab.jpg

Stephen Gibbs in Chris Hargreaves spat
Torquay boss called Clint Hill 'weak link' heading into cup game.
Stephen Gibbs staunchly defended Clint Hill from criticism directed by Torquay manager Chris Hargreaves. When asked if QPR had a weak link, Hargreaves responded 'Clint Hill.' which Gibbs attacked during a pre-match press conference. Henry said; "You're not joking?" to a journalist before adding "What a mug! How dare he criticise my players when our team has significant quality. Any League Two club would drool at the prospect of having Clint in their team, he's a Premier League quality defender who puts his heart and soul onto the pitch. No class, don't expect a handshake during the game."

Last edited:
_70301893_charlie.jpg

Austin and Phillips in form for Rangers

QPR beat Torquay 2-0 in Capital One Cup.
QPR have beat Torquay united with Charlie Austin and Matt Phillips both scoring for a second consecutive match.
Phillips scored after just four minutes in a game QPR dominated. QPR had 20 shots compared to Torquay's three with Matt Phillips adding to his goal tally in the fifty-fourth minute. Manager Stephen Gibbs told reporters after the game that QPR had the ability to make it to Wembley. "We are a Premier League team in the Championship. The club brought in a variety of players last season from different leagues and the reason QPR were relegated is because of the lack of cohesion. Harry Redknapp worked his hardest in an impossible mission and he was aware of QPR's weaknesses and he left a strong team for me. This team could easily survive in the Premier League and we have the ability to make it to Wembley."

Last edited:
QPR-v-Huddersfield-Charlie-Austin-celeb_3068749.jpg

QPR demolish Huddersfield
Charlie Austin hat-trick fires QPR to third straight competitive win.
Charlie Austin scored a hat-trick at the John Smith's stadium as QPR beat Huddersfield 4-0. Last week, Huddersfield annihlated Nottingham Forest 6-0 while QPR beat Sheffield Wednesday 5-1. QPR were odds on favourites to win after two impressive performances in both league and cup. Austin scored his second goal of the season after forty minutes before adding to his tally eight minutes later. Yossi Benayoun scored in the 62nd minute to put the game to bed before Austin snatched a hat-trick in the 92nd minute. The victory sends QPR to the top of the Championship.

Shaun-Wright-Phillips.jpg

Shaun Wright-Phillips released
31 year old leaves QPR by mutual consent
QPR have released Shaun Wright-Phillips from his contract with reports circulating that the decision was mutual between player and club. Wright-Phillips joined QPR on transfer deadline day in 2011 from Manchester City for a reported sum of ?4 million. Wright-Phillips made 52 appearances in the league for QPR scoring one goal. Manager Stephen Gibbs told the QPR website, "Shaun is a great guy and it's a shame to see him go however I couldn't promise him first team football, we agreed in order to get him some game time it's best we part ways. He was hard working and a role model to the young players. We haven't seen the last of Shaun Wright-Phillips."

Last edited:
41248.jpg

Charlie Austin continues scoring run

Austin scores late winner in 2-1 victory over Ipswich.
Charlie Austin's run of form is continuing as he netted his fifth goal of the season in three games to keep QPR at the top of the table. Aaron Hughes scored his first goal for the club inside thirteen minutes before ex Wolves striker Sylvan Ebanks-Blake scored 180 seconds later to even the game. QPR dominated the game in terms of statistics however both teams committed thirteen fouls with QPR picking up two yellow cards to Ipswich's one. Austin netted the winning goal twelve minutes from time to keep QPR's 100% record intact.

End of Month Review
facepalm-captain-picard.jpg

All Good Things Must Come to an End
View attachment 395474
After a run of wins, our run came to an end at the hands of Bolton. It's been a good month overall but I'm unhappy with our thumping at the hands of inform Middlesbrough. We end the month in 3rd place.

Player of the Month - Charlie Austin
It was a toughie, Matt Phillips has been outstanding as well this month but Charlie's performances are too good to pass up.
View attachment 395473

League Table
View attachment 395472

Major European Transfers
View attachment 395471

Berahino will be amazing for you. Good luck for rest of season mate.

Good start to the season mate, some heavy defeats especially the 1 against Millwall....Great signing in Berahino looking forward to seeing the partnership between him and Charlie....Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Good start to the season mate, some heavy defeats especially the 1 against Millwall....Great signing in Berahino looking forward to seeing the partnership between him and Charlie....Best of luck for the rest of the season.
I'm shocked with the defeats we've had, thanks for the praise regarding Berahino. Enjoy the story