westham234

Reaction score
anderlecht.jpg

Managerial Change Marks New Era For Anderlecht

Dramatic day in Brussels as Anderlecht boss Ariel Jacobs has resigned after a disagreement with the board. However, the board have reacted and appointed rookie English manager Bobby Drew on a year contract. This has come as a massive blow, and shock to all Anderlecht fans as Anderlecht were preparing for what most thought, had the potential to be one of the club's greatest seasons with the current players at the club. Here is what Drew has had to say:

'I am delighted to be sitting here as the new manager of Anderlecht. A team with a lot of history, and most importantly pride. I am taking over a team which has an excellent set of players, which go hand in hand with the great yet so demanding fans, which at least I hope I can satisfy. As a West Ham fan, I know how important it is to keep great players, hence why I use this opportunity to tell all clubs all over the world.. Romelu Lukaku is NOT for sale at any price.'

romelu-lukaku-wijst-anderlecht-opnieuw-de-weg_5_460x0.jpg

The 'White and Purple' fans are meant to be happy with that statement by Drew, but not with the board. Protests have started on many Anderlecht related forum sites. It seems Drew has ALOT to prove.

Good start, should be an interesting story :)

Drew sets out season Targets

Belgian League Winners.
Last 16 of Champions League.
Winners of ONE Belgian Cup.

My transfers are listed below.

Key Players for 2009/10 season:

Romelu Lukaku - Part 1 of my impressive strikeforce, at 16 he is one for the future as well as a starter.

romelu_lukaku.jpg

Marko Pantellic - Part 2, experienced and with finishing at 17.. should be sure to chip in on some key goals.

bochum_26.jpg

Lucas Biglia - My impressive Argentine midfielder, with great all round stats, should be pivotal for assists.

art_48519.jpg

Mbark Boussoufa - My lethal left winger is on stats, my best attacking player. Will be crucial to supply Lukaku with crosses.

boussoufa20091014.jpg

First match awaits for Drew and his men..

Pukka Penalties is Luck For Drew

bordeaux-anderlecht_diaporama.jpg

Anderlecht 2-2 KRC Genk

Goals from Romelu Lukaku, and Jonathan Legaer helped Anderlecht into a 2-1 lead, however it was won on penalties 8-7 to Anderlecht, with Anderlecht missing 3 penalties, to Genks misses tally of 4!

Good luck mate. Keep hold of Romelu Lukaku for a few years and you should be ok!

Good Month for Drew, Scarred by Genk

Romelu Lukaku is out for up to a month, which will see him miss three matches in August, the injury was picked up after he scored in the first game of the season victory over Westerlo.

Anderlecht 2-0 Westerlo

Goals from Lukaku and Lucas Biglia sealed this comfortable win for the Champions.
Lukaku Injured.. :(

Man of the match: Roland Juhasz

Romelu-Lukaku.jpg

Romelu Lukaku after scoring his sides second from the spot.

Transfer Update:

Emiliano Rullo joins for 300k.
Jan Vennegor of Hesselink joins on a free.
Oleksandr Yakovenko leaves for 750k.

Anderlecht 1-0 Lokeren

Unconvincing performance by Anderlecht. The only goal, and winning goal coming from deubtant Andrezinho who was deputizing for Lukaku.

Man of the match: Andrezinho

6476420.jpg

Andrezinho talking to the Belgian press after capping his impressive debut with a goal.

KV Mechelen 1-1 Anderlecht

Another below par peformance. However it took a last minute equaliser from Mechelen to prevent us from winning. Mbark Bossoufa scored for us.

Man of the match: Olivier Deschacht

Foto-6ZZHJKFG.jpg

Boussoufa celebrating his penalty.

Striker Matias Suarez has left the club for 1.5 million.

Champions League Group E

Inter
Valencia
Anderlecht
Partizan

Drew's Reaction:'This is a draw that the fans will savour. Trips to the San Siro, and the Mestalla are of dreams of some fans. However looking at the draw from a manager's perspective, this group is extremely tough. There are two obvious teams who many punters will say walk this group. However, it is up to us to disrupt this. I feel as though we can with the players we have on board. It remains to be seen.'

Krc Genk 3-0 Anderlecht

Down to 10 men inside 20 minutes, Anderlecht were almost resigned to defeat then. Drew knows his squad is not yet complete with this woeful performance against title challengers Genk.

Man of the match: ...

Deadline Day Delight for Drew

Anderlecht have done the double over Sparta Prague by signing two of their players on a frantic deadline day for the club. They have signed Ivorian striker Bony for a reported 1.1m, and Slovak midfielder Juraj Kucka for a mere 800k.

Drew: 'In my opinion, these players are for the now, and for the future. Bony is just 20 years of age, and Kucka two years older and represented his country. I hope these players can bring more success to Anderlecht.'

images

Romelu Lukaku's new partner?

Anderlecht lie 5th place in the league after 4 matches.

New tactics are also displayed below in the screenies.. Lukaku would be starting alongside Bony.

Questions Need to be answered for Drew

'Anderlecht boss Bobby Drew has come under criticism by the club, for what fans have described as one of the worst months their clubs have ever had to endure. They expect Drew to turn this around. This comes after just one win in all competitions. There was a high point straight after that win when they went away at Valencia and got a valuable point with a very good display. But it is mainly defeats to Brugge, and the hammering from World Class Inter Milan which angers the fans. There was no effort, and although it is early days, new Ivorian striker Bony has come under criticism from fans because of lack of goals. The Anderlecht fans really are 'Lukaku-sick'. They miss their star man, and how much they are missing him.'

Anderlecht 2-0 AA Gent

Juraj Kucka puts in a man of the match performance on his debut, scoring the first goal, then setting up Bossoufa for the second.

Man of the match: Juraj Kucka

juraj-kucka.jpg

Kucka after his impressive debut.

Champions League:

Valencia 1-1 Anderlecht

A great point for us, a key point as Valencia are the side who we are battling for the second I can be sure. Goal came from Roland Juhasz.

Man of the match: Roland Juhasz
large_547492.jpg

Anderlechts no nonsense defender Juhasz in action.

Chareloi 2-0 Anderlecht

European hangover? Poor performance, Bony is very isolated, very keen to bring Lukaku back in the frame when hes fit, Pantellic isn't doing the business.

Man of the match: ..

Anderlecht 0-2 Club Brugge

Devastating result. Is early days but a loss to our title rivals at home is a massive loss. Poor performance again. Tactics are not working!

Champions League:

Anderlecht 0-6 Inter

With Bony, Andrezinho injured, there was nothing up top. Was just 2-0 at half time, but I had to go for it. A point could've been on cards after an impressive first half but it backfired.

Anderlecht lie 9th in the Belgian Pro League.

NEW SIGNING:

Former Fc Twente star Nashat Akram has joined Anderlecht on a free transfer. Is this the bite and creativity Anderlecht are missing?

sport-graphics-2008_687882a.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:19 PM ----------

Excellent October for Drew's Men.

Manager Bobby Drew has branded this month as 'storming' as his side win every match in the league. The loss against Partizan is a blow, but Drew insists it is not all over in the Champions League. Read on to find out..

St Truiden 1-5 Anderlecht

This is more like it! Great performance resulting in 5 goals. Should've and could've been more!
Pantelic also bagged his first two goals for the club.

-Marko Pantelic x2
-Juraj Kucka
-Olivier Deschacht
-Cheikou Kouyate

Man of the match: Nashat Akram - setting up two goals. Leading him to a rating of 8.6

Lierse 0-1 Anderlecht

Again it's that man. He has begun to score and get into those positions since I made him target man. Marko Pantelic.

Marko Pantelic

Man of the match: Cheikou Kouyate - at 19 a midfield dynamo.

445-1196208103-318px-uefa_champions_league_logo_svg.png

Champions League

Partizan 2-1 Anderlecht

Champions league dream is coming to an end unless we turn chances into goals. A last gasp goal for Partizan won it for them after Juraj Kucka got us back on level terms.

-Juraj Kucka

Man of the match: Bony - Finished with a rating of 7 on a losing side. Ran around like a headless chicken upfront.

Anderlecht 1-0 Standard Liege

The single goal bagged us this vital win over title favourites Standard. This win leaves us in 4th place, just 4 point behind the leaders Genk.

-Marko Pantelic

Man of the match: Olivier Deschacht - Kept Axel Witsel at bay for the entire match.

Belgian Cup

Fc Brussels 1-1 Anderlecht - 8-9 on penalties.

Battle of Brussels ends in a lucky escape for us. We had to equalise through Andrezinho to take it to penalties. Encouraging and bad signs in the penalties.. Bony, yet to score missed his spot kick. However Lukaku made a scoring return, scoring his kick :D

-Andrezinho

Man of the match: Lucas Biglia - Tireless midfield runner.

Anderlecht 2-1 KV Kortrijk

Comfortable from the off, however we conceded a silly goal at the end which paid an end to the clean sheet.

Mbark Boussoufa
Marko Pantelic

Man of the match: Marko Pantelic - great goal marked by his rating of 7.9.

Anderlecht remain 4th in the Belgian Pro League, just 3 points behind leaders Genk.

Player of the month: Marko Pantelic

marko-pantelic.jpg

great month which saw him bag his first goal for the club, to end up scoring a total of 5 goals.

Drew's Thoughts: 'A great month for us, losing one game coming in that crucial game away at Partizan. Still, we play them next month at home, for I'm sure the players want to get revenge over. If we beat Partizan, then who knows what can happen in this group. Our league performance has been great, winning every match this month, especially that important victory over Standard. The next few months can be important for us and we hope our fans are behind us all the way. On regards of Bony, we are monitoring his situation closely as you know he is yet to score. We could be looking to move him on if things do not turn out as well as we hope. Romelu is also back for the match with Partizan, so we are basically at full strength. Cheers to another good month!'

Big Month.. Anderlecht Impress

A very solid month for Anderlecht on all cylinders in particular the Champions League.

Drew promised fight, hunger and most importantly payback. It didn't look good, but here's what happened in Brussels..

Anderlecht 2-2 Partizan

At about 80 minutes, Anderlecht fans were preparing for another European 'flop' as they found themselves 2-0 down to Partizan. Fans were pouring out of the ground. Then came the fight back, Romelu Lukaku smashed in a one on one, which was followed by Marko Pantelic's close range effort. Happy with the final outcome..

-Romelu Lukaku
-Marko Pantelic

Man of the match: Romelu Lukaku - Players are rejuvenated with this lad..

Zulte Waregem 1-1 Anderlecht

Again the boys came from behind after a slow start, Lukaku scored from the spot. Had chances to win it at the end, but I suppose a draw was a fair result in the end.

Romelu Lukaku

Man of the match: Guillame Gillet

Other News:

Jonathan Legear has left the club for 1.1 million, in favour of Torino.
Dimitriy Bulykin has left on a free to Heracles.
Kanu leaves for Catania worth 750k
Sacha Kljestan leaves for Steaua worth 675k
Victor Bernandez leaves for Espanyol worth 750k.

Will all occur in a months time when the transfer market re-opens.
I will now have a budget of 3.5m to spend!

Anderlecht 4-0 Eupen

Second half blitz from us won this game. Bony broke his scoring duck after a massive 18 hours without scoring! He bagged two goals, there was also an own goal, which was unfortunate not to be claimed by Pantelic.

Bony x2
Marko Pantelic

Man of the match: Mbark Boussoufa - Illustrated everything today.

Cercle Brugge 1-2 Anderlecht

Comfortable performance, Brugge scored a late goal in the 91st minute to prevent a cleansheet. Happy with the result.

-Mbark Boussoufa
-Romelu Lukaku (pen)

Man of the match: Mbark Boussoufa - Exceptional performance, bagging one goal in the making.

Anderlecht 1-0 Valencia

What a win for us. Was 0-0 till the 91st minute then star man Mbark Boussoufa smashed in from outside the box a thunderous strike. If it remained nil nil, then the next round of champions league would've gone for us, but now this gives us a chance to qualify, and almost certainly Europa League. Inter away is our last group game..

-Mbark Boussoufa

Man of the match: Mbark Boussoufa - goal was worthy to win any match.

Westerlo 2-1 Anderlecht

Never at the races, European hangover? Got a consolation goal.

-Marko Pantelic

Player of the month: : Mbark Boussoufa

boussoufa.jpg

Great month from the lad.

Drew: 'Happy with this month, however 9 points from Genk at the summit isn't pleasing to look at. We need to tuck our chances away, and we will gradually see that deficit drop. The match against Valencia was very pleasing, and I hope we can make the most of it in Milan, as if we win, you know we can qualify. But i will use this chance to re-iterate, the league is my main focus. This is crucial, and with new players being targeted in January, I hope I can bring this to this great club'

League and Uefa Champions League listed below.