RobCadle x

Reaction score
News Flash
QPR appoint Big Rob C as their new manager. This comes as no surprise considering QPR have struggled throughout their former Premier League spell, and after growing frustration from the chairman and fans it had been decided that a managerial change is in order.

Surprisingly, chairman Tony Fernandes has decided to change tact, and employ an inexperienced and unheard of manager in media-shy Big Rob C in order to change things at the club. It is believed that Big Rob C is going to employ a change of tactics especially in the transfer window in an aim to increase the financial viability of the club.

View attachment 378092
First installment of my first ever story- feedback welcome. :)

Carling Cup 1st Round draw and we're up against Pompey, not too bad considering they've basically collapsed as a club. Next update will be some club stuff like tactics and finances.

Okay so after looking at the squad, something not too hard for me due to the number of times I play as QPR (I'm a huge fan in real life) I've picked out 3 players who I feel will be instrumental in getting us premoted into the prem for next season (I'm playing on the LFC Marshall patch).
View attachment 378152View attachment 378153View attachment 378154
After reading through MANUMAD thread I've decided that in my signings i need to buy experienced players, however due to the already great depth in my current squad I've also picked up a few youngsters who can offer something to the squad.

Current transfers:
View attachment 378155
The two main transfers in this for me are the signings of Barreto and new Goalkeeper Yelldell. Many players have issues with young goalies they bring in as backup, so i decided to go for a more experienced option in Yelldell, in the hope that whilst rotating Green I still have a solid goalkeeper. Barreto is a youngster i played alot with on FM12 as you can get him cheaply everytime, whilst also being quite a good backup striker.
View attachment 378157View attachment 378158
As Traore and Hoillet are both out injured after my first few games there will definitely be more arrivals in the winger department for you all to look forward to. I'm just not sure who yet :p

Now for my Tactics:

Personally I do not see the point in downloading other people's tactics as creating your own and fiddling with them is one of my favourite parts of this game. As we are the favourites to win the league this season I've opted for 2 controlling tactics which enable me to dominate possession in a game. The first being a 4-2-3-1 which involves two very different types of wingers which interchange naturally throughout the game. one being an attacking inside forward, aimed at cutting inside and playing simple throughballs, who often shoots from distance. The other being your more generic winger who hugs the touchline and aims to get in many crosses. This has worked well for me in other saves, especially with the two defensive midfielders covering well for my defence. The other tactic is one which worked well for me last season, admittedly with better players, but i hope to replicate my old successes with it. The 4-4-1-1 relies heavily on the playmaker, and as granero appears to be superior to most players in this league i think he fits the bill.
View attachment 378159View attachment 378161
If there is anything else you guys want to see don't hesitate to ask. Im going to upload a screenie of finances after the transfer window. :)

Okay so now for the pre-season. Personally i do not manage the team during pre-season, however i must say mt assistant did a great job! In 5 games we achieved 3 wins and 2 draws which gives the team a great foundation to build on.

Wrexham 0-3 QPR
Ephraim, Granero, O'Neil

A great result in Wales, glad to keep a clean sheet.

QPR 1-1 Gladbach
O'Neil

For me this is the result of the pre-season as Gladbach are a good side. This gives me real encouragement that we will be able to compete in cups this year, as that is my main aim.

Crystal Palace 0-2 QPR
Wooton, Zamora

This is a solid away win against our London rivals, especially since they're a premiership side on the new patch.

Darlington 0-0 QPR

Not sure I can say too much about this one. At least its only pre-season

QPR 3-0 Velez
O'Neil, Austin, Hill

What a result. I certainly didn't expect the boys to win this one, let alone by such a comfortable margin. This really boosted the boys morale ahead of the start of the season.

Finally our Carling Cup match against Pompey.

QPR 2-1 Portsmouth
Hoilett, Ranger

What a match this one was to watch. Unfortunately the boys hadn't properly learnt my new tactics in time for the start of the season, and it showed. But we secured a win in the 92nd minute thanks to a sliding Ranger goal. I had my doubts about him but he certainly showed me why he wanted to be in the side having assisted the first goal as well.

First set of matches complete and we maintain an unbeaten start to the season, it's only one game but I dont mind. Next update should be up soon, will be interesting to see if our recent run of form will last ;)

Okay to start this update im going to show you the transfers as of the 1st of September. There were some big changes at the club, the wage bill has been trimmed, and cover, as well as potential 1st team wingers have been signed.
View attachment 378200
Despite touting Granero as my big man for the season, he has in fact been sold. When i was offered 7mil upfront i had to accept due to his high wages also costing the club greatly. This decision was made more easy by the transfer list of Diego Buonanotte by Granada on the same day, a player who's stats are incredible, and joined me on 15k week with a squad status of rotation; so he won't even moan if he doesn't get game time. Clint Hill also departed but he was getting on and I still have Dunne to help provide experience at the back.

Now to the signings:

The first, and arguably the largest signing was the previously mentioned Buonanotte. He is a player of very high calibre and will slot in nicely as my new APM
View attachment 378202
Next two signings were the wingers Pettinari and Gonzalez both of which give me more options on the wings, but will probably only be used as backup once traore and Hoillett return from their respective injuries.
View attachment 378203View attachment 378204
Finally is the famous Kiko Femnia from Barcelona on loan. What is interesting about this loan is that i have the option to buy him for 775k throughout his loan spell as i loaned just as he was transfer listed (unfortunately he was not interested in discussing a permanent contract with me which sucked). Hopefully if I get premoted this will change and i can develop him into a world beater.
View attachment 378206
Here are my finances as of the end of the transfer window, which look healthy, but look liable to deteriorate throughout the seeason, hence the selling of big name players like Granero, Jenas and Cesar.

View attachment 378208
A first season transfer window without me signing Hughes or Maupay will keep this save different to A LOT of my others. :)

Will upload my results for August when i get back from my nans as well as developments in my Carling Cup run

And the first League results are in

Npower Championship

QPR 2-1 Birmingham
Granero, Henry
Tense match which could've gone either way. My boys showed great determination which was finally rewarded by a late 82nd minute strike by Henry. Unfortunately Hoillett and Traore both suffered 2 month injuries.

Yeovil 0-2 QPR
Granero, Zamora

A game which we dominated and deserved to win. Good result for the lads and Granero was instrumental.

QPR 1-1 Leeds
Pettinari

A goal for Pettinari earned us a scrappy point, probably undeserved but thats what winners do.

The Capital One Cup

After our earlier victory over Pompey we played Bournemouth in the next round.

QPR p0-0 Bournemouth
5-4
Literally my whole team was knackered so was playing my reserves, and bulked out my midfield. Neither team looked like scoring until Ranger came on and hit the bar in the 119th minute. Penalties was an interesting affair especially since I'm pinning my hopes on the Carling Cup this season.

Play of the month has to go to Granero for putting in a great shift at the start of the season, i was sad to see him go.
View attachment 378285

3 games, 2 goals, 2 assists, 2 PotM and an average rating of 7.90

Seeing it like that I definitely shouldnt have sold him :/

Sky Bet Championship

Reading 2-2 QPR
Buonanotte (2)

This was a solid team performance away from home in a game i really wanted to win (they're my local team but i hate them). Buonanotte made an instant impact on his debut, really good replacement.

Burnley 0-1 QPR
Zamora

Smash and grab. 1 nil up and we shut up shot, only had to hold on for 82minutes.

QPR 1-3 Middlesborough

We were shocking, enough said.

Bolton 4-2 QPR
O'Neil, Knight OG

This game was so frustrating, we should've won, it was just one of those frustrating matches. Puts us way off the pace in the league now.

QPR 1-0 Barnsley
Onuoha

Great way to end a 3 game losing streak. Solid 1 nil victory

Capital One Cup

QPR 0-2 Derby Aet

So frustrating to see a game which could have gone either way end the way it did for us. Their second goal came literally seconds after I had a penalty shout turned down, and hit the post from the resulting throw-in, and then they countered to seal the win. Obviously it was never meant to be.

Player of the Month has to go to our new signing Buonanotte he is certainly setting the championship alight with his performances.
View attachment 378310

5 apps, 2 goals, 2 assists, 1 PotM and a 7.50 average rating, not too shabby if you ask me.

Currently 12th in the league but only 5 points off the title so its nothing to worry about. Teams still getting used to the tactics and blending so overall I'm pleased.
View attachment 378311

Last edited:
Arghhhhh The save just corrupted :( going to start a new thread now, probably as Fiorentina, but im not absolutely sure yet