Reaction score
I play quite alot of football manager and usually do extremely well with QPR every year. This season I have got my QPR team winning every top competition within 9seasons despite the game being harder than previously.

One problem I have always had is attendances. I can never bring in enough fans to justify a stadium larger than about 30,000 in every year's game, yet I am a European superpower.

I am looking to begin a game which I will document as a story of FMbase using a League 2 team, bringing them to Europe. However to finance this I will need to grow my fanbase as I move through the leagues and I do not want a lack of revenue from attendances to be an issue.

what will I need to consider when selecting my club to take on. City? min and max attendences? (do they improve as the club grows?)

For example Wimbledon are in a town with a small population so would I not be able to grow their attendences as I move up the football league?

This is not a recommend me a team thread so I have not used the appropriate thread, however if you can identify any teams with decent potential for growth I would appreciate it.

Attendance is limited by the size of the city you're in, I'm not sure if the population of the city can improve. Unlikely

And the problem with QPR might be Chelsea. As they share town.

yes true and the numerous other London football league clubs.

in response to #2 so what I need to do is select a team in a big city?

Yes, improving a bad team in a high population area where there are no other teams will definitely work

Yes, improving a bad team in a high population area where there are no other teams will definitely work

can anybody reccomend a team like this? I know no teams who live in high population are with little to other no other teams

i need of help. I don't want to mess up my team selection by attendence as I will be investing alot of time in the save

Plymouth, Portsmouth, Southampton, Bristol Rovers/Bristol City, Swansea/Cardiff would be good. Wrexham perhaps?

I'm looking more for an english team in league 2 or the Blue Square Prem

I think the best way is to have realistic expectations as it will be really hard to find a team from those leagues that will have a 40k+ attendence once you get to the top. Perhaps settle for one that can reach 30, something I think most teams will be able to.

I think the best way is to have realistic expectations as it will be really hard to find a team from those leagues that will have a 40k+ attendence once you get to the top. Perhaps settle for one that can reach 30, something I think most teams will be able to.

yh I think you are right. Do you reckon I could find a league one team who could get up to 40k?

searching the editor for the teams with decent population city's now

would really appreciate it. I have been wanting to do a story on here for the last 3years but never got around to it. I think it would add more to the game and would entertain others which the story board is all about. I love reading them club transformations, it's unbelievalbe.

Could fc Halifax have the potential, they have a population of 82,000 what realistically can they expect to get if in prem/Europe?

Doesn't club reputation and player popularity play a role in attendance numbers? I remember reading on this forum awhile back by someone who claimed his game attendance exceeded the city's population. Do not remember details but he was getting like 30k fans in a small city.

Cambridge United? I live in East Anglia and the other other teams within a 1 hour drive is Norwich and Ipswich... the team also has a fairly good history compared to others in the league.

no bias oO)