Help

Reaction score
Till now, i've always just tried to sign scout's with JP and JA on 20. You can find cheap ones, with no reputation etc, that haven't had much experience, with really good JP and JA. But my question is, is that the be all and end all? What else comes into play when measuring the scouts ability to scout?

I altered my search to search for just scout's with "World Class" reputation, I didn't expect anything, i was going to check how many continental ones there were after that. But there were two.

View attachment 459357

So my question is, how did this guy come to be a Scout with a world class reputation, and does this mean anything? His JP and JA are both very low, compared to what I'd think one of only two world class rep scouts standard would be. It's not like he's a former accomplished player, he is uncapped, so his random reputation isn't from that.

He has a continental pro license, what does this do for the scouts?

If you could just clear a few things up for me, that would be great. Basically, what else comes into account aside from JP and JA? Where did this guys World Class rep come from, and does it mean anything?

The other scout is more what i'd expect, Real Madrid scout, 20 and 19 for JA and JP.

It looks to be that this particular scout was meant to be a coach and you've signed him on as a scout, it may be that he's a very good coach. As for JP and JA, I look at that and current knowledge of countries that worked best for me but its whatever works best for you.

The bottom of the image is missing, he is a scout, and it's not me that has signed him. Like i said, i was just searching for a scout with world class rep, this isn't my team.

Scouts

Key attributes:-
Adaptability
Determination
Judging Player Ability
Judging Player Potential
Tactical Knowledge​

There are four styles of scouts needed to guarantee success, with their key attributes:-​

The​
Explorer Scout
is essential to any clubs expansion; the necessary attributes are​
Adaptability
and​
Determination
. These scouts are used to enhance your scouting knowledge. They should be used to explore unknown territory. This increases your youth recruitment and also the amount of players that appear in your searches.
The​
Tactical Scout
is a useful scout, to help you with your next opposition and how they play. The necessary attributes for this are​
Determination
Judging Player Ability
and​
Tactical Knowledge
; the scout also needs either knowledge in the area your opposition plays in or good adaptability to gain that knowledge.

With the use of the Explorer Scouts finding untapped talent the​
Key Signing Scouts
and​
Prospect Signing Scout
come into play, as you may come to notice not all scouts have the ability to do all of these jobs, so these two scouts are used to decide if the Explorer Scouts findings are good enough to purchase and then the Explorer Scouts are used to decide on the bid amount and likelihood whether the player is interested. Obviously the key attributes are​
Judging Player Ability
and​
Judging Player Potential

NB:
Having scouts that can judge ability and potential as well as explore new areas will help you make your decisions quicker. Never use scouts in areas they are uncomfortable; always look at their already acquired knowledge and their ability to adapt to new areas.​

Scouts

Key attributes:-
Adaptability
Determination
Judging Player Ability
Judging Player Potential
Tactical Knowledge​

There are four styles of scouts needed to guarantee success, with their key attributes:-​

The​
Explorer Scout
is essential to any clubs expansion; the necessary attributes are​
Adaptability
and​
Determination
. These scouts are used to enhance your scouting knowledge. They should be used to explore unknown territory. This increases your youth recruitment and also the amount of players that appear in your searches.
The​
Tactical Scout
is a useful scout, to help you with your next opposition and how they play. The necessary attributes for this are​
Determination
Judging Player Ability
and​
Tactical Knowledge
; the scout also needs either knowledge in the area your opposition plays in or good adaptability to gain that knowledge.

With the use of the Explorer Scouts finding untapped talent the​
Key Signing Scouts
and​
Prospect Signing Scout
come into play, as you may come to notice not all scouts have the ability to do all of these jobs, so these two scouts are used to decide if the Explorer Scouts findings are good enough to purchase and then the Explorer Scouts are used to decide on the bid amount and likelihood whether the player is interested. Obviously the key attributes are​
Judging Player Ability
and​
Judging Player Potential

NB:
Having scouts that can judge ability and potential as well as explore new areas will help you make your decisions quicker. Never use scouts in areas they are uncomfortable; always look at their already acquired knowledge and their ability to adapt to new areas.​

Thanks for a great answer. Where is this from btw?

The reputation may have been earned in another role other than scout. I see that quite often when I review former players for staff roles... the staff attributes don't warrant the reputation - but they still have a great rep due to their playing exploits.

The reputation may have been earned in another role other than scout. I see that quite often when I review former players for staff roles... the staff attributes don't warrant the reputation - but they still have a great rep due to their playing exploits.

That why you can now have your DOF deal with contract negotiations with players because they have a better rep than you but they might not be able to judge ability or potential so you make the bids and get your DOF to seal the deal.