KeldonM16

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a question regarding the sale of a player w.r.t sell on percentage fees in the player contract.

Scenario 1

Let's say I offer PlayerX to clubs for a fee 10 million (the currency doesn't matter). PlayerX's contract stipulates he will receive 10% of the transfer fee. The result, should I receive and accept a bid, would be PlayerX taking 1 million, of the 10 million offered for him. The club would get 9 million.

Scenario 2

I ask for 7 million and include the other 3 million in added clauses such as a monthly installment over 12 months and an amount after X games. The player will take 700k from the transfer fee (10%), but will he also take 10% of all monies received from the added clauses?

If he only gets the 700k, the club would have saved 300k in the long-run. This can be crucial for clubs with little finances.

Thanks in advance for replies :)

Cheers

I'm not an expert, but I believe if you receive money over time, the player receives his percentage of this as well because the money is still from his transfer.

So either way, he takes his 10%, doesn't matter when the money comes in. ( I think )

Hope I helped. If I am wrong, feel free to correct me.

Thanks FreakDJ,

I guess I will try it and see what happens. I am inclined to believe you are correct though. Its the logical answer.