flipward

Reaction score
I want to tutor Patrick Roberts of fulham,as I'm sure u know Roberts is an awesome young player,when I began my save with fulham the First thing I done was get Roberts on a longer contract and changed his squad status from first team to hot prospect.the reason I changed his status was because he needs tutoring as his determination is low. My question is how long does he need to b on his new hot prospect status before I can tutor him,it's been over 3 months since he signing a new contract yet it still says that as he is a senior member of the team he can not b tutored.

Changing their status doesn't work like that, they will still regard themselves as first team players, and so will probably the game itself. I saw this mentioned by an SI official on the sigames forums when someone asked how to stop players from moaning about playing time. It turned out he had almost 20 players on Key Player or First Team status, and when he suggested he could change some of them to Rotation or Backup, he was told it wouldn't have an effect. The players would still regard themselves as first team players, and would continue to moan. This is probably done so you can't just hoard players on first team contracts to make them sign for you, and then change their status later on.

In addition, I've had players signed on as Hot Prospect but after a while not being able to tutor them, because I've included them in the first team squad on a regular basis and given them lots of playing time.