bear

Reaction score
Hello All,
I was just wondering, does anyone use separate tactics for home and away games? If so, do they work? As well, do you use the same away tactics against someone, lets say Newcastle, than you would against someone such as United, Arsenal, Chelsea ect..
As well, sorry if their is already a thread on this. 8-|

ermmmm sometimes i normally just tweak my 4-4-2 formation just depends really

I use a more direct attaking approach when playing at home, and take a more defensive approach when playing away.

I would use different tactics for different teams as all teams play a different type of game. Especially the top 4, I have a different saved tactic for playing each of them home and away.

yeah just have a look at your team, have a think and make up a tactic

I use a more direct attaking approach when playing at home, and take a more defensive approach when playing away.

I would use different tactics for different teams as all teams play a different type of game. Especially the top 4, I have a different saved tactic for playing each of them home and away.

Ah, thanks for that!;) So, in your opinion, does changing your tactics constantly give you a better chance then? Or is just sticking to one tactic, regardless of the opposition, give you more of a chance?

Well, for me it has worked but I have kept a consistent starting line-up. If you want to consistently change your tactics keep your team the same, if you want to change your team then keep the tactics the same.

I use a set of 5 variants which I then tweak. It does give you a better chance, especially with teams who aren't made of 11 world-class players. Gradually, as your team improves and your reputation increases, the AI will switch to defensive tactics if it doesn't think it can beat you and that will mess up a truly attacking system as you'll get caught on the break. Even during matches, the AI will switch tactics so it's useful to have pre-defined tactics to bring out to match the opposition.

the best way to score goals imo playing at home is to play with width. gets me loads of goals.

it may work with you

id advise you use player instructions aswell as team insturctions

Yeah, it's my 4th season and I've only just started using player instructions properly and consistently! But you're right SAFC7, player instructions do work well. A perfect example of this is Sergio Aguero. Bought him in January and he only got 1 goal. But then at the start of the new season, I gave him lots of creative freedom and a very attacking mentality and he's thrived under it.
Thanks for all your help guys!