Alessio Verdi

Reaction score
ACF Fiorentina
2022_ACF_Fiorentina_logo.svg.png

ACF Fiorentina, is an Italian professional football club based in Florence, Tuscany, Italy. The original team was founded by a merger in August 1926, while the actual club was refounded in August 2002 following bankruptcy. Fiorentina has played at the top level of Italian football for the majority of their existence; only four clubs have played in more Serie A seasons.

Fiorentina won two Italian Championships, in 1955–56 and again in 1968–69, as well as six Coppa Italia trophies and one Supercoppa Italiana. On the European stage, Fiorentina won the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup in 1960–61 and lost the final one year later. They finished runners-up in the 1956–57 European Cup, losing against Real Madrid, and also came close to winning the 1989–90 UEFA Cup, finishing as runners-up against Juventus after losing the first leg in Turin and drawing in the second one in Avellino.

Fiorentina is one of the fifteen European teams that played the finals in all three major continental competitions: the Champions League (1956–1957, the first Italian team to reach the final in the top continental competition), the UEFA Cup Winners (1960–1961 and 1961–1962) and the UEFA Cup (1989–1990).

Since 1931, the club has played at the Stadio Artemio Franchi, which currently has a capacity of 43,189. The stadium has used several names over the years and has undergone several renovations. Fiorentina is known widely by the nickname Viola, a reference to their distinctive purple colours. The likes of Gabriel Batistuta, Rui Costa, Giancarlo Antagnoni, and Roberto Baggio have worn the purple jersey with great distinction.

The reason I have chosen to manage this club is that I managed them once before in FM2020 and had an amazing experience. My team played progressive attacking football and not only won the Serie A in the 2019-20 season but repeated the feat in 2020-21 with a run to the Champions League Final where I was eventually beaten by Manchester City. I have always believed in researching and understanding the club before undertaking a save with them and my immersion combined with my success in the game made them the second team I follow. After a couple of off years, I have decided to go back to the beautiful city of Florence in FM2022.

My main goals for this save are:

• Consolidating my team as a Champions League regular and eventually dominating the Italian top division as well as the Champions League.
  • Have an Italian core throughout.
  • Bringing youngsters through from the academy into the first team.
  • Play attractive and entertaining football, as beauty and art are part of the culture of Florence.

Nice! First team I saw play my beloved Spurs at White Hart Lane in a pre-season friendly; Rui Costa scored twice. Love their colours and their club philosophy, will be rooting for you to take them to the top!

It's fascinating to learn about ACF Fiorentina's rich history and resilience. The club's journey from its original founding in 1926 to the 2002 refoundation showcases its enduring presence in Italian football.