dabigberto

Reaction score
2nd December 2011

It has been about 5 months since I took over the reigns of my beloved Southampton, after Nigel Adkins resigned to spend more time with his famiy. Me? My names Robert Hay, and I'm a rookie manager, no experience at pro level, but I do have experience at managing local youth teams in my hometown. Nicola Cortese has shown a lot of faith in me to even consider giving me the job at a club I love and hope to bring as much success as possible to, and I hope to repay that faith as best as I can.

What has happened in the first few months I've been in charge you ask? Well, let me give you a recap of events.

Signings

Craig Dawson - £1.4 million from West Brom

View attachment 235424
Dawson has been a key player at the club since his arrival, playing superbly at the back and forming a great partnership with fellow CB, Jose Fonte. He as also put the ball in the back of the net 4 times this season and is the 3rd highest scorer in the team.
Ben Amos - £1.2 million from Man United

View attachment 235425
Amos has been stellar in net almost every game for us this season, giving up 10 goals in 19 games. He has been a little bit shaky the last few games however (giving up 5 in the last 2 games), and will be looking for ways to address that asap.

Hendry Thomas - £1.4 million from Wigan Athletic

View attachment 235427
Thomas has been a rock in the midfield for us, playing strong defensively, while also helping attacks.

Lewis McGugan - £1 million from Nottingham Forest

View attachment 235428
Originally signed to play as backup to Cork and Thomas, McGugan made a shining start to his Saints career, easily pushing out Cork for a spot in the starting line. However despite this, he sprained his ankle in training, and missed 5 weeks, giving Cork to get back in form and give him problems getting back into the side.

Danny Simpson £575k loan from Newcastle United

View attachment 235426

Brought in to strengthen what I believed to be the weakest position of my team, Right Back, Simpson has been a part of the strong defence of the team.

Npower Championship

View attachment 235429

Almost halfway through the season, we are sitting comfortably on top of the table, only losing one game all season, to a strong Reading side. Consistent performing in the league has helped us keep ahead of our rivals for the title, despite a very slow start drawing first 2 games, but then keeping unbeaten for 17 games. I have also been named Manager of the Month twice (September and October), and Craig Dawson was named young player of the month for November.

Results so far

View attachment 235430
I am planning on updating once a month from Decemeber onwards, hope you will follow and enjoy the story :)

December Update

Results

View attachment 235666

Star Player: Billy Sharp (MoM)​

A fairly poor performance from us was saved by striker Billy Sharp, who scored the equalizer, set up by 16 year old Callum Chambers who made his debut due to numerous injuries in Right Midfield position.

View attachment 235663

Star Player: Adam Lallana

Another poor performance from the team brought us to 4 games without a win, and leaving us open for the likes of Reading, West Ham and Blackpool to catch up to us in the league and also losing our 2nd game of the season.

View attachment 235665

Star Player: Rickie Lambert (MoM)

A game we really needed after previous performances this month, we dominated from start to finish, with goals from Lambert and Lallana. There was a bit of a worry when Bell pulled one back, but thankfully Lambert placed the ball in the back of the net from the spot.

View attachment 235662

Star Player: Danny Simpson

Another away game we failed to win, continuing the terrible run we have been on for the majority of the month. An injury to key central midfielder Hendry Thomas also hurt us, as we will miss him for the games against Bristol City, Barnsley and quite possibly the FA Cup 3rd Round match against Cardiff.

View attachment 235664

Star Player: Danny Fox (MoM)

A game we had full control over, and had no excuses to not end up with all 3 points, yet we still blew it and couldn't convert our chances. A dive by Billy Sharp didn't help our cause as he got his 2nd yellow and left us with 10 men to try and win the game, which we failed to do.

NPower Championship

Standings

View attachment 235669

Manager of The Month

View attachment 235670
Player of the Month

View attachment 235671

Young Player of the Month

View attachment 235672

Top Goalscorers

View attachment 235673

Robert's Player of the Month

Billy Sharp

View attachment 235679

Despite a rather poor performance from the team as a whole, Billy was the star of the month, netting 2 goals and saving us from a defeat against West Ham.​

Player to Watch

View attachment 235685

16 year old Callum Chambers stepped up into the team due to injury this month, and while was only a sub for the majority of it, played well, even setting up Billy Sharp against West Ham and looks to have a great future ahead of him.​

Monthly Review

A rather poor month getting only 6 points out of a possible 15, luckily slip ups from Reading, West Ham and Blackpool have kept us on top of the league, and with an extra £5.25 million to spend, will hopefully be able to bring in some more depth to the team to cover us in case of anymore injuries. I will be hoping for much improved performances in January so that we can look to solidify are place at the top of the league again.

January Update

Transfers

Players In

Liam Rosenior - £2.7 million from Hull City

View attachment 235944

Liam has been a consistent performer for Hull in the first half of the season, and helps add depth to a rather weak full back setup in the team, which only really had Fox on the Left and Simpson on the Right good enough to really play for the team.

Danny Rose - Loan from Tottenham

View attachment 235938
With no real backup on the left wing for Lallana other than our starting left back Danny Fox, loaning in Rose to give some cover in case of injury or Lallana needing a rest
Liam Lawrence - £1.3 million from Portsmouth

View attachment 235942

With Daniel De Ridder out injured and no proper right midfielder available (Do Prado has filled the role there very well however, and will be looking to keep the position ahead of Lawrence), Lawrence is a welcome player to the squad, despite being a member of our biggest rivals for the first half of the season.
Jamie Pollock - £140k from Motherwell

View attachment 235940

19 year old Scot Pollock, unhappy with his position in Motherwell was calling out for me to sign him, and believing he had high potential for the future, I snapped him up rather cheap I believe. I will be loaning him out to let him gain first team experience, and hope he will be a star for us in a few years time.

Ritchie De Laet - £725k from Manchester United

View attachment 235947

Young Belgian Defender De Laet, I brought in to bolster our defence, because of his versatility and ability to play anywhere in the back four, he is perfect backup to starting four at the back.

Michael Bostwick - £725k from Stevenage

View attachment 235945

Another Centre Back brought in to help strengthen us at the back, Bostwick will be competing with Jose Fonte for a place in the starting 11.

Liam Polworth - £950k from Inverness CT

View attachment 235943

The young 17 year old Scot from Inverness looks like he could be a star attacking midfielder for the club in the future. Fans are already excited by the prospect, and will be hoping to see him up in the main team in the near future.

Ricardo Kip - £4k from Ajax

View attachment 235946

For £4k, I thought getting a player with Kip's potential was a real bargain. Having the potential to be as good as our strongest midfielder, Jack Cork I will have high expectations for him in the future, and will be looking to loan him out to get him more experience in first team football.

Lesley De Sa -£2.5k from Ajax

View attachment 235941
Another Hot Prospect I signed from Ajax, De Sa has very high potential, and for £2.5k it is another steal from Ajax I believe. I will be looking for him to gain some experience in the youth squad this year and then some first team experience next season, and will be looking forward to the prospect of him being our star on the right wing.

David Goodwillie - £525k loan from Blackburn

View attachment 235939

22 year old Scot David Goodwillie was brought in to backup our strike force in case of injury. A very talented player himself, and with a £3.5 million buy clause in the loan, I will be certainly considering him a permanent purchase in the future if he performs well for us.

Players Out

Dean Hammond - £240k to Sheffield Wednesday

View attachment 235959

Ex Captain Dean Hammond, was unhappy at lack of first team football he was getting, so to avoid morale problems I accepted his request and sold him to Sheffield Wednesday​

Jos Hooiveld - £550k to Atalanta

View attachment 235960
Unhappy at being 3rd choice centre back at the club, Hooiveld requested a transfer, and I allowed him to go​

Jamie Pollock - Loan to Oxford

View attachment 235940
Corby Moore - Loan to AFC Wimbledon

View attachment 235958

Ricardo Kip - Loan to Southend

View attachment 235946

Morgan Schneiderlin - Loan to Peterborough

View attachment 235961

Unhappy with the lack of first team oppurtunties, Morgan came to me and I agreed to loan him out, as I did not want to lose a future prospect to the club

Results

View attachment 235975
Star Player: Jose Fonte (MoM)

A very even match that could have gone either way won for us by a good goal by Do Prado, and by a strong performance in defence, with Jose Fonte playing strong and winning us our first away game in quite a while

View attachment 235976

Star Player: Adam Lallana (MoM)

A stellar team performance in the FA Cup won us a place in the 4th round against a strong Everton side. Lallana tore threw the defence, scoring and setting up a goal, with Sharp and new Captain Rickie Lambert also hitting the back of the net.

View attachment 235978

Star Player: Billy Sharp​

A very even game that could have went either way, and we didn't deserve to go back to Southampton with no points at all. A mistake from Danny Simpson and a penalty miss from Lambert probably cost us the match, as we would not have been down at half time if not for the own goal and could maybe have scored 4 if we'd not missed the 1st penalty.

View attachment 235980

Star Player: Rickie Lambert (MoM)

After a disheartening loss in the last minute of the game against Ipswich, we returned to winning ways against a Watford team in poor form slaughtering them 4-0, with Captain Rickie Lambert leading the team to victory with a wonderful hat-trick.

View attachment 235979

Star Player: Danny Fox (MoM)

Entering the game with no real expectations against a strong Everton team, we put out an amazing performance, dominating the game from start to finish, but couldn't hit the back of the net until Dawson headed in from a corner in the dying minutes of the game.

View attachment 235977

Star Player: Danny Fox (MoM)​

Another dominating performance by the team, against a team we scored 5 against earlier in the season, but despite the dominance we just could not hit the back of the net and we're held to a draw.

npower Championship

Standings

View attachment 235992
Manager of the Month

View attachment 235993
Player of the Month

View attachment 235994

View attachment 235995

Top Goalscorers

View attachment 236000

Robert's Player of the Month

View attachment 236001

A great month for Captain and League top scorer Rickie Lambert. Scoring 6 goals in the month and leading the team to the 4 out of the 6 games in January.
Monthly Review

A quite good month for us, though only getting 7/12 points this month wasn't great, we won 2 games in the FA Cup, including against Premiership side Everton and booked ourselves a trip to the Emirates in the 5th Round to play against Arsenal. It was also a good month for young Centre Back Craig Dawson, who won the young player of the Month.​

Some excellent signings there mate and looking good (this praise is coming from a West Ham fan so feel lucky ;) ) lol but no, seriously you're going really well...

Some excellent signings there mate and looking good (this praise is coming from a West Ham fan so feel lucky ;) ) lol but no, seriously you're going really well...

Haha thanks :) hopefully I'll be able to continue my good form at home, and get back to winning away so that I can finish off the season where I've been most of the season.

Haha thanks :) hopefully I'll be able to continue my good form at home, and get back to winning away so that I can finish off the season where I've been most of the season.

Just hinting a sense of a little dig of reality there...quite clever actually lol ;)

2011/12 End of Season

npower Championship

Final Standings

View attachment 241514
A thrilling end to the season pitted us up against it for the title against Sam Allardyce's West Ham. going into the last 2 games after a poor run of performances by us, West Ham had caught us, and had a point lead in the league, making the second last game very important, as it was against the Hammers. After an early goal by Tadanari Lee, the fans in St Mary's were certainly feeling like the title was ours, but Kevin Nolan tied it up before half time. Despite numerous chances for both teams, neither of us could get a goal to win it, leaving it to the last game to decide the champions. Knowing it was out of are hands, we went into the last game against Millwall to do our best, and hope things go our way, and it couldn't have started any worse. Despite Lee putting us ahead in the 5th minute, Faubert put West Ham ahead a minute later, leaving us a point behind still. The team put out a stellar performance to finish the championship season and with help from Leicester, who won 3-1, got to take the title home to finish off an amazing season.

Manager of the Year

View attachment 241517
Player of the Year

View attachment 241519
Team of the Year

View attachment 241520
Top Goalscorer

View attachment 241521
Young Player of the Year

View attachment 241522

FA Cup

View attachment 241525

After our win against Everton, we went up against Arsenal, who despite dominating most of the game were losing for most of the game. As we went into the last 5 minutes, the whole team was excited to be on course to knock out the strongest remaining team in the cup, but instead had to settle for a draw.

The replay against Arsenal, was very much like the first game, except in the opposite way. They were the team ahead, while we were the most dominant team, and when all was looking bad for us, Captain Rickie Lambert tied it up, and as we were ready to head into extra time got brought down in the box, and showed great composure to score the penalty, sending us through to the Quarter Finals with a historic victory.

Coming off a great win against Arsenal, the players were in high morale, and were itching to set the record straight with Leeds after a 1-0 loss at Elland Road in the league a couple of weeks before. The team came out guns blazing, destroying the Leeds defence and keeping there mind set on a place in the Semi Finals, and a trip to Wembley.

After thrashing Leeds, we had to face Wolves in the semi-final of the cup, and were hopeful of a good performance. Captain Rickie Lambert, both cup and league top scorer put in another great performance, winning and won the game for us, leading us to our first FA cup final in my reign and first for the club since 2003.

A capacity crowd of 90,000 came to Wembley to see us play Bolton in the FA Cup final, and enjoyed a very even game. Lambert put us into the lead early in the game, but Tuncay Sanli responded just before half time, to make it an even game with all to play for in the 2nd half. With chances for both sides in the 2nd half, it was a truly great game for a neutral, though neither team could take the lead. In the 82nd minute however, Lambert did it again, sending the Saints fans into raptures, knowing that we only needed to hold on for another 8 minutes and we would have our first major trophy. We held on, and know next year we can look forward to playing in the Europa League and playing Manchester City in the Community Shield.

Season Review

A great season for both the club, and myself as manager I believe. Winning the League, getting promoted to the Premiership and winning the FA Cup, was more than I could have dreamed of at the start of the season, when I was only aiming for a top half finish. I will be looking forward to next season, and seeing how we fare in the Promised Land that is the Premier League and in the Europa League.

Last edited:
2012/13 Season Preview 1 - Fans' Player of the Year and a look at the Future Saints

2011/12 Fans' Player of the Year

View attachment 241550

Captain and top goal scorer was deservedly the fans choice for player of the season last year, having lead the team to the Premiership and FA Cup glory.

Future Stars

Corby Moore - MC

View attachment 241554

Warren Eames- DM

View attachment 241562

Luke Shaw - LB

View attachment 241561

Liam Polworth - AMC

View attachment 241560

Jay O'Toole - AMC

View attachment 241558

Jake Sinclair - ST

View attachment 241556

James Ward-Prowse - MC

View attachment 241557

Jack Stevens -RB

View attachment 241555

Kurt Mountford - ST

View attachment 241559

Billy Butler - MC

View attachment 241552

Callum Chambers - MR

View attachment 241553

A good crop of potential stars in the club, I will be hoping to see some of them appear in the main club in a few years time.​

2012/13 Season Preview 2 - A look at the Defence and new signing

New Signing Arrives at St Mary's

View attachment 241566
22 year old Belgian winger Nacer Chadli expressed his delight to sign for the Saints on 28th June at a transfer fee of £5 million. A member of the FC Twente squad who won the Dutch Cup in 2011 is said to be looking forward to the challenge of playing in the Premier League.​

In Depth look at the Defensive players at Southampton

Goalkeepers

View attachment 241569

Star: Ben Amos
Best Potential: Ben Amos​

Not a lot of potential in the Position, but a solid goalkeeper with pretty good potential in Amos, and decent backup in the form of Kelvin Davis will hopefully be enough to keep the Saints up this season.

Right Back

View attachment 241570

Star: Liam Rosenior
Best Potential: Jack Stephens​

Solid players in the form of De Laet and Rosenior will provide solid defence at right back, and with the potential of Jack Stephens, the Saints could have a star there in the future.

Centre Back

View attachment 241573

Star: Craig Dawson
Best Potential: Craig Dawson​

A very strong position for the Saints, and a huge part of the reason they had so much success last season. With Youngsters Ritchie De Laet, Michael Bostwick and Craig Dawson, as well as experienced Vice Captain Jose Fonte, Hay has a lot of deciding to do on who is to be the starting pair at the back.

Left Back

View attachment 241574
Star: Danny Fox
Best Potential: Luke Shaw

Strong Left Back Danny Fox will likely be the starting choice for Hay this year, as his performances both forward and in defence helped the Saints get into the Premiership. youngster Luke Shaw shows a lot of promise and could be a player to watch in the future.
Look out in the future for analysis on the Midfield and Strikers, as well as pre-season and transfer updates.

2012/13 Season Preview 3 - Midfield Analysis and New Signings

New Signings

Danny Simpson - £2.1 million from Newcastle

View attachment 241589

A strong performer at right back on loan for us last season, I decided to bring Danny in full time to strengthen our defense.
Adam Johnson - £5.5 million from Manchester City

View attachment 241590

Adam is a star winger in my eyes, and I feel I got him at a real bargain of a price, as he was transfer listed by request.

In Depth look at Midfield at Southampton

Defensive Midfield

View attachment 241591
Star: Hendry Thomas
Best Potential: Warren Eames

Hendry was a rock for Southampton in the heart of midfield last season, and they will likely be looking to him to perform well defensively and offensively again to help keep them in the Premiership this season. Warren Eames, who is touted to be the next Owen Hargreaves, will be one to watch and Saints fans will be looking forward to his development.
Right Midfield

View attachment 241592

Star: Adam Johnson
Best Potential: Callum Chambers

New signing Adam Johnson looks to be a key player, on either wing. With other talented players such as Adam Lallana and Liam Lawrence who can play on the right wing, Southampton have good depth. They will be also intrested in the development of Callum Chambers, who played well in his 6 appearances for the club last season.

Central Midfield

View attachment 241593

Star: Jack Cork
Best Potential: James Ward-Prowse

A very strong position for Southampton, with plenty of cover for likely starting pair Nacer Chadli and Jack Cork. The likes of Hendry Thomas and Lewis McGugan will certainly be looking to compete for a starting position in the centre of midfield, so all of them will have to play at there best to win a place in the team.

Left Midfield

View attachment 241594
Star Player: Adam Johnson
Best Potential: Nacer Chadli

Like on the right, the left wing is very strong with the likes of Adam Johnson, Adam Lallana and Nacer Chadli all fighting the starting position.
Look out for the 4th and final Preview for the 2012/13 season, which will cover Pre-season friendlies, and covering the strikers in the club.

2012/13 Season Preview 4 - Pre Season Friendlies and Striker Analysis

Friendlies

Eastleigh vs Southampton

View attachment 241605

Dundee United vs Southampton

View attachment 241604

Kilmarnock vs Southampton

View attachment 241606

Southampton vs Fenerbache

View attachment 241607

In depth Southampton Striker Analysis

View attachment 241608

Star Player: Rickie Lambert
Best Potential: Jake Sinclair

A very strong strikeforce last year, lead by captain Rickie Lambert will be looking to repeat there proficiency this year, although know it will be harder in the big leagues. Hay will also be watching the development of youngsters Sinclair and Mountford, who could well be his striker partnership in the future.

With just 8 days till the start of Southampton's season against Manchester City in the Community Shield, there will certainly be a lot of excitement around the city, and the club. A big blow however for the club, will be Adam Johnson, widely tipped to be a main part of the team will be out for 6-7 months with a broken leg.

Just reached January on my 1st season with the Saints and I had to look at this, quality signings there btw (Simspon, Johnson)! Just realised there that Jack Cork's potential is 2 star, is that okay? mine is 4/4 and a half! KIU!

Just reached January on my 1st season with the Saints and I had to look at this, quality signings there btw (Simspon, Johnson)! Just realised there that Jack Cork's potential is 2 star, is that okay? mine is 4/4 and a half! KIU!

Thanks, was really surprised at getting Johnson to the club, though having Europe to play in (or not considering he's out for pretty much the whole season) probably helped bring him to us. Cork's rating isn't as good as when I started the game, but that is most likely due to going up to the Premiership, but he is still a quality player I find

Very interested in the progress of your youngster Eames, it's my in law's name and as we're all from Southampton I will be treating it as my family member lmao Fantastic first season mate and good luck with the rest of your career, will be following with interest

August Update

Results

Southampton Vs Manchester City (Community Shield)

View attachment 241875
Key Player: Craig Dawson (MoM)

A game many expected to be a one sided affair, even I myself expected a loss at the hands of Premier League Champions Manchester City. However, unexpectedly to all, it was a very even game with both sides creating chances, and Centre Back Michael Bostwick got the goalscoring started very late, in the 80th minute. It was a short lived celebration after De Laet put the ball past Davis, and was left coming off the pitch with a very red face. Not long after that Argentinian Carlos Tevez put the ball in the back of the net, and things were looking very grim for the Saints, but star Craig Dawson rose to the challenge, equalizing in injury time. Despite this however, and taking a 2-1 lead in the shoot out, the final 3 Saints to step up all failed to score, and City won the cup.​

Fulham Vs Southampton (Premier League)

View attachment 241872
Key Player: Craig Dawson

The match most fans were looking forward to after last seasons promotion, was one to forget. despite fairly even in possession and chances, the Saints could not hit the back of the net, and couldn't keep Fulham from scoring 3 times.​

Sheriff Vs Southampton (Euro Cup)

View attachment 241874
Key Player: Craig Dawson (MoM)

Hay's debut in a continental competition was a game he would be very happy with. Captain Rickie Lambert showed why he was the top scorer for the club last season, hitting the back of the net, and another great performance by man of the match Craig Dawson, who scored twice, meant that Southampton would be taking a 3-1 lead to St Mary's Stadium.
Southampton Vs Sheriff (Euro Cup)

View attachment 241876

Key Player: Craig Dawson (Mom)

With a 3-1 lead from the first leg, Southampton went into the 2nd game against Sheriff very confident, and another stellar performance from Craig Dawson lead them to a 2-0, 5-1 overall victory

League Table

View attachment 241886
Euro Cup Group H
View attachment 241890

Player of the Month

View attachment 241887

Unsurprisingly, Defender Craig Dawson has been the Player of the Month for Southampton in August. Having the highest rating in each game they played, scoring 4 goals, and 3 Man of the Matches, he had a superb month, playing well defensively and offensively and lead the Saints to 3 impressive performances in 4 games.

Monthly Review

A very good month for us, taking a strong City side to penalties and a 5-1 aggregate win over Sheriff in the Euro Cup were the highlights of the month, however a very disappointing heavy loss to Fulham was disappointing, and will be looking forward to hopefully getting into winning ways against Wolves in the league.​

September Update

Results

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Southampton (Premier League)

View attachment 242359

Star Player: Michael Bostwick​

A quite even game at the Molineux, but unfortunately for us, despite taking a 1-0 lead through a Rickie Lambert penalty, we fell behind by the 50th minute, and just couldn't get the ball in the back of the net, giving us our 2nd loss in the league in 2 games.​

Southampton v West Ham United (Premier League)

View attachment 242358

Star Player: Michael Bostwick​

A game we dominated after central defender Adrian Leijer got sent off, and we really should have won it, but instead a penalty in the 80th minute gave West Ham a lead, and we couldn't answer it, leaving us bottom of the league, and the only team without a point.​

Chievo v Southampton (Euro Cup)

View attachment 242355

Star Player: Jack Cork (MoM)​

The Italians had a slight edge in the game, and they made it count. Despite Cork putting us into the lead, we couldn't hold it against the Serie A team, and had to settle for a loss, making it our 4th in a row in all competitions.​

Southampton v Watford (League Cup)

View attachment 242357

Star Player: Rickie Lambert (MoM)​

A game we desperately needed, but at the start, looked like it could be another game we lost after Eustace scored a penalty. Later in the game, Saints Captain Rickie Lambert scored twice and it was a deserved victory for the team, who now look forward to a game against Newcastle in the next round of the league cup.

Southampton v Swansea (Premier League)

View attachment 242356

Star Player: Tadanari Lee (MoM)

A dominant performance for the Saints and a well deserved victory, won by a Tadanari Lee goal. Despite taking the lead, and controlling the game, the Saints did have a worry at the end when Swansea had a couple of chance, luckily none of them hitting the back of the net.

League Table

View attachment 242361
Manager of the Month

View attachment 242362
Player of the Month

View attachment 242363

View attachment 242364

Euro Cup Group H Standings

View attachment 242365

Player of the Month

View attachment 242366

Bostwick was a key man at the back for the club this month, playing very well despite losing the majority of our games. Key performances against the likes of Wolves and West Ham helped us not concede more than we did, and he was solid at the back for our wins against Swansea and Watford.
Monthly Review

Not exactly a great month result wise, but the performances weren't bad at all. A couple of key wins at the end of the month will hopefully help with morale, and we will be looking to continue winning ways in the Premier League and hopefully our first win in the group stage of the Euro Cup in our home tie against Rangers.​

Very interested in the progress of your youngster Eames, it's my in law's name and as we're all from Southampton I will be treating it as my family member lmao Fantastic first season mate and good luck with the rest of your career, will be following with interest

Haha thanks, I hope he will turn out to be a real star, already had Tottenham trying to buy him off me as well, but I really don't plan on letting him go, especially not for as little as £1.4 million.