ManutdTAW

Reaction score
A Seaside story – Blackpool

View attachment 269166

So basically this story started by me (ManutdTAW) and Clarky 1683. So any way we decided to start manager Blackpool as we thought that they recently got relegated from the premier league and after that they haven’t being real favourites to go back up to the prem so are aim is to try and get them promoted back up and maybe even more. So I’m going to show you a screenshot of their history and their competition history.

Ok now we are going to show a few screen shots of the tactic we are using by the way Clarky 1863 created it.

We hope you enjoy our story any advice would be helpful. Next post will be up tommorow

Last edited:
A Seaside Story - Blackpool (Part 2)

View attachment 269401

Pre Season
Hello there! This is George (clarky1683) and I'm going to bring you the pre season update for our Blackpool Story.

Transfers:

View attachment 269402
As you can see plenty of strengthening here, and hardly any outgoings. Those that did depart were just young players that need some experience, although neither of those two will ever be good enough for the first team...

View attachment 269403
Peter Gulácsi - GK
Very cheap young goal keeper with the potential to take over Gilks in a few years time. Backup for now though.

View attachment 269404
Joshua King - ST
One pacey mudda beech! The squad lacked pace in attacking areas so I've brought this guy in on loan for the season. No view to buy, but still a nippy striker that gives us another option.

View attachment 269405
Nathan Eccleston - ST
Basically the same as King, but with a tiny bit more experience at lower league football. I do have the view to buy him for 900k if he impresses.

View attachment 269406
Martin Cranie - RB/CB
Quality defender and a free transfer too! He can also play LB if needed so he can play anywhere across the back. He has experience in the league from his time at Coventry and he will be very useful.

View attachment 269407
Jose Baxter - ST
Young forward with a bit of potential, and as I bought him for nothing, it's a win-win.

View attachment 269408
Alan Judge - M/AMLR
The big signing. His value was actually only like 50k, but Notts County wouldn't budge! Still, I think it's a good deal. He's young, and I think he can work really well down those flanks.

3 Key Players for the coming season:

View attachment 269411
Craig Cathcart - CB
My main defender. He's pretty young, and all summer teams like West Ham were snooping around, but he signing a contract extension and things are looking good with this guy at the back.

View attachment 269409
Elliot Grandin - Midfield
He plays literally anywhere in midfield! On both wings, and he can fill in at the CM role if needed. I'm hoping for many assists from him this season, and perhaps a few goals, but I'm not expecting too many!

View attachment 269410
Matt Phillips - ST/RM/LM
If I can get this guy firing, then we will be flying! Bags of pace and ability in general. Probably will be playing him up front but he is also a quality winger.

I will bring you guys the Friendly results either tomorrow or Friday! Thanks for reading, and any advice would be great! :)

A Seaside Story - Blackpool (Part 3)

View attachment 269970
Pre Season Friendlies and August

The friendlies were great and August was a good month. Here are the friendlies:

View attachment 269971

Also I asked the board if we can upgrade our youth facilities and they accepted!

View attachment 269972

I also made one more signing and let a few more players go out on loan.

View attachment 269973View attachment 269974

Now time for the league and cup matches!

nPower Championship - vs Derby County (Away) :

View attachment 269978
A decent result. It was away from home and to come away with a point was okay, especially when the squad is still blending with the tactic, and getting to know each other.

Capital One Cup 1st Round - vs Crewe Alexandra (Home) :

View attachment 269979
This wasn't too good to be honest. We let a 2-0 lead slip and then we only just managed to take it to penalties! One positive is that a lot of the players are decent penalty takers.

nPower Championship - vs Peterborough United (Home) :

View attachment 269980
Good result. We were pretty convincing and they only really troubled us the once, and that was their goal. We looked really good going forward, and with the pace we have out wide, this tactic seems to work!

nPower Championship - vs Hull City (Away) :

View attachment 269981
A brilliant result away from home! We did get pretty lucky when they hit the post at one point, but once again we looked good going forward!

nPower Championship - vs Bolton Wanderers (Home) :

View attachment 269982
Well let's just say I did not expect this! Bolton have a strong squad, and it was a huge surprise to beat them this well! Very proud of the players.

Capital One Cup 2nd Round - vs Wycombe Wanderers (Away) :

View attachment 269985
This is more like it! A thrashing of a lower league team always boosts morale, and as we only just manager to get through past Crewe, this has given us confidence going into the 3rd round against... Manchester City. Oh dear... let's just hope for a miracle.

nPower Championship - vs Millwall (Away) :

View attachment 269986
A pretty boring game. We hit the post twice and that's basically it. But still, a draw away from home isn't the end of the world, is it?

League Table:

View attachment 269987
Sitting nicely in 3rd.

Player of the month:

View attachment 269988
Elliot Grandin
With an average rating of 8.06 and 5 assists already, he deserves the award.

Overall verdict:
Really good month with some great wins! We might need to work a little bit more defensively in some games, especially against City in the COC 3rd Round, but I'm really happy!

Please leave any feedback and tips! :)

Nice start, good signings too!!

Nice thread, I've actually just started one with Blackpool myself, it's great. I got a loan of Kerim Frei from Fulham and he is an absolute beast. Also like you loaned Josh King from Man Utd, I got a loan of Will Keane, also a beast. xD
Keep posting these, sounds good

Nice thread, I've actually just started one with Blackpool myself, it's great. I got a loan of Kerim Frei from Fulham and he is an absolute beast. Also like you loaned Josh King from Man Utd, I got a loan of Will Keane, also a beast. xD
Keep posting these, sounds good

Thanks a lot! Next post will probably be tomorrow :)