eddieboyfly

Banned
Reaction score
A Blackpool Story using LFC Marshall's Database.

6th July 2010

Hollowayresign.png

SKY SPORTS BREAKING NEWS

SportsNews_354x200jpg_1108775535.jpg

Breaking news coming out of Blackpool Football Club as Ian Holloway has announced that he has resigned ahead of the coming Premier League season. It is currently unknown as to why he has resigned but this means that Blackpool F.C are currently without a manager heading into what only can be described as an impossible challenge.

Blackpool Chairman Karl Oyston has released a club statement.

"It is with regret that I bring the news that Ian Holloway has resigned from the club but we are actively searching for the right man to lead us into the coming season. I strongly believe that I will be able to find the right man for the job and we are already speaking to several targets."

skybet341x296.gif

Sky Bet Odds

Sky Bet is currently looking at who are the likely candidates to take charge of Blackpool over the coming weeks after Ian Holloways shock resignation.

4/1 Roy Keane
5/1 Paul Lambert
6/1 Roberto Di Matteo
8/1 Simon Grayson
10/1 Steve McClaren
11/1 Paul Hart

The front runner is currently ex Ipswich boss Roy Keane, who has been in talks with Blackpool Chairman Karl Oyston today. Although another to watch out for would be ex West Bromwich Albion boss Roberto Di Matteo who would be good odds as he would be more likely to play the creative attacking style of football that got Blackpool promoted last season.​

Last edited:
Nice start mate. Will be interesting who takes over good luck :D Bye Ian :( :wub:

Thanks guys, will have a post later tonight, regarding transfers pre season etc, :)

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

July 7th 2010

dimatteoannounced.png

SKY SPORTS BREAKING NEWS

ROBERTO DI MATTEO ANNOUNCED AS BLACKPOOL BOSS!

We have breaking news coming out of Blackpool Football Club today, ex West Brom Manager Roberto di Matteo has been appointed new Blackpool Manager. It has been announced that Roberto has signed a 2 year contract with the Seasiders, and has the main objective of survival in the Premier League this season.

Blackpool Chairman Karl Oysten has released a statement regarding the announcement of di Matteo as Blackpool boss.

g100819oyston--128219826645632800.jpg

"We are delighted to have our man, Roberto is a fantastic professional and has the same philosophy of playing football that we have. We have a great belief in Roberto and feel he can bring success to the club, he will be hosting a press conference tomorrow answering questions."

July 8th 2010

Skysportslogo.png

ROBERTO DI MATTEO PRESS CONFERENCE

article-1031452-01D5E69800000578-914_468x291.jpg

Roberto, congratulations on your appointment at Blackpool how does it feel to be appointed manager at this club?

I am delighted to have the opportunity to manage Blackpool, its a great club.

With avoiding relegation as your primary objective for the season do you believe this is achievable as Ian Holloway was an important figure at this club do you think you can improve on his success?

Ian was a great manager with a way of playing football, I will do my best to secure Premier League football for this club, I believe it is achievable we have some very good players at the club.

What is the style of football that you will be trying to get Blackpool to play now?

I will continue where Ian left off, we have entertained our fans on the way to promotion and that's what we plan to do this season. I have faith in the players and believe we can get goals at this level and that's what we'll be aiming to do.

Have you spoken to Karl Oyston regarding any potential transfer targets yet?

Yes we have had a talk regarding transfers but obviously we have to work within the restrictions we have at this club, we don't want to overstretch ourselves. We are a club run in the right way and will continue to be run in this way.

We have had reports in that you have cancelled the loans of James Beattie, Luke Varney, Jason Puncheon and Kornilenko what was the thinking behind this?

Well I prefer working with players that belong to the club and that is what I will be planning to do, with the wages that have been free'd up from the release of these players can be used to improve our squad.

What sort of players will you be attempting to bring to the club?

I am aiming to bring in some experienced players that have played at the top level in an effort to bring some composure to the team and I believe the team will benefit from this.

With Charlie Adam's future being in doubt, with alot of top clubs potentially coming after his signature do you feel that you will be able to keep him at Blackpool?

Charlie is a fantastic player and we will be doing everything we can possibly do to keep things that way, we are currently undertaking contract negotiations with him and things are looking good.

Thanks Roberto.

9th July 2010

TransferWindowsCloseSSN20.jpg

Blackpool complete signing of Dutch Veteran Midfielder

dave-van-den-bergh.jpg

Dave van den Bergh (34), has completed a move to Blackpool today on a free transfer. The former Ajax winger is a vastly experienced left attacking midfielder and its been revealed that he will be taking the place on the left flank that was occupied by Derby loanee Luke Varney.

"I am delighted to have the opportunity to play in the Premier League, Blackpool are a club that strive to play in the way that we (the dutch) always attempt to play and I believe I have alot to bring to the club."

A statement released from Dave van den Bergh upon signing for Blackpool.​

---------- Post added at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:06 PM ----------

Summer Transfer Window Summary

Skysportslogo.png

Sky Sports Blackpool Summer Transfers

Transfers In

Matthew Booth completes move to Blackpool

Matthew-BoothMTNWL.jpg

£100k

Experienced South African Centre back Matthew Booth has completed a move from Sundowns for a fee believed to be in the region of £100k, Blackpool have been looking to sure up their defence in preparation for the start of the Premier League Season. Roberto di Matteo released the following statement regarding the signing of Matthew Booth.

"Matthew is a fantastic capture for us he is an extremely experienced defender and I believe that he will help us build up on a strong foundation, we are looking to bring in another centre back to partner Matthew but no more can be revealed at this time."

Signing-FebianBrandy.jpg

Free

Former Manchester United Youth Team striker Febian Brandy has signed for Blackpool on a 4 year deal. A great signing with plenty of potential and plenty of pace for counter attacking football for a team on a budget.

Signing-Juanito.jpg

Free

A former Spanish international Juanito is a great centre back. Who has all the attributes to succeed in the Premier League.

leandro-augusto-seleccion300x350.jpg

£500k

Leandro Augusto a potentially fantastic signing a technically gifted midfielder who is fantastic from set pieces and has an eye for a pass. I believe this will be a key signing so here are his attributes.

LeandroAugustoProfile_Attributes.png

As can be seen he is a fantastic talent although he is 31 years old I still think he has a few more years in him. He also fits perfectly into the style of football that I want to be playing at Blackpool.

captsgeuvm65090707034507photo00photodefault-401x512.jpg

£725k​

Fernando Arce is a fantastic talent again a player from Mexico he is technically gifted and can beat a man as well as putting in great crosses. I believe he will be a fantastic addition to the squad to play in the right attacking midfield position.

Main Summer Signing

hector-mancilla-300x350.jpg

£1.6m

Hector Mancilla, a Chilean international who has an eye for a goal, and also the ability to get involved in the build up of goals, I fully feel that he will be a great addition. Extremely physical player who has the balance and natural fitness to succeed in the Premier League.

images.jpg

Free

Ghanaian fullback Abubakari Yakubu, a strong right back who is extremely brave and determined who will provide back up for existing full back Nathan Eardley.

damientaberi.jpg

£150k

Damien Taberi, providing backup for left back, talented young Frenchman who can beat a man and also put in a great cross, the only thing that lets him down is his tackling attribute.

florentpetitgardiendegambardella.jpg

Free

Florent Petit, a young French goalkeeper released from Stade Rennais FC who is showing potential, I feel he will provide U21 backup for my first team squad.

Overall Spend: £3.1m​

Transfers Out​
Jason Euell - Modena - £500k
Alex John-Baptiste - Newcastle - £3.5m
Matt Phillips - Derby - Loan
Gary Taylor-Fletcher - Bolton £2.3m

Overall Sold: £6.25m

Roberto di Matteo on Transfers

dimatteo0807get_786849c.jpg

"Overall I feel we handled ourselves extremely well in the transfer market so far. We have improved our squad all over the park, I feel that these players will fit into the style of football that we will be playing as well as bolstering our defence in the case of Matthew Booth and Juanito. We have also signed players who have the ability to create something out of nothing as we feel this will be paramount to our success this season. We intend to put teams under pressure and make everyone know that they are in a game of football."

Chosen Formation and Tactics

I have decided to give some information regarding the formation that I shall be playing this season in the Premier League.

BlackpoolBlackpool_MatchPreparation.png

Firstly we will be playing in the style of 4 - 5 - 1 as I believe this can be an extremely fluid formation and allow the wingers to cut in to score the odd goal, whilst also remaining solid in the centre of the park having 1 box to box, 1 advanced playmaker and a deep lying playmaker. The striker will be a poacher as I do not want them getting too involved in the build up and stay in the box to get me as many goals as possible.

BlackpoolBlackpool_Tactics.png

Secondly the emphasis is on getting into the oppositions faces and stopping them play whilst playing short passing football in an expressive, fluid fashion as the players I have will suit.

BlackpoolBlackpool_Tactics-2.png

Thirdly the team I have chosen is emphasising the width, so I need the ball played out to the wings as quickly as possible, so we can push ourselves up the pitch and getting balls into the box.

Pre-Season Results

Partick Thistle: 3 - 2 [] Chris Basham, Charlie Adam, Juanito
Llanelli: 3 - 1 [] Matt Phillips, Marlon Harewood (2)
Yeovil: 3 - 0 [] Marlon Harewood, Fernando Arce (2)
Portadown: 4 - 0 [] DJ Campbell (2), Craig Cathcart, Brett Ormerod
Kettering: 3 - 2 [] Fernando Arce (2), Gary Taylor-Fletcher
Watford: 3 - 2 [] Hector Mancilla (2), Neal Eardley
Cliftonville: 2 - 0 [] Chris Basham, Juanito

Pre-Season Summary

Overall I have to say I'm happy with the way pre-season went, surprised we managed to remain unbeaten, but the quality of opponents was quite low so I guess it was expected. Things seem to be coming together and I hope we can take this form into the Premier League.

BLACKPOOL HOMEPAGE

PREMIERLEAGUEREADY.png

---------- Post added at 04:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

Skysportslogo.png

BLACKPOOL 25 MAN SQUAD ANNOUNCED​

Blackpool_FC.png

Goalkeepers: Richard Kingson, Paul Rachubka, Matthew Gilks

Defenders: Matthew Booth, Neal Eardley, Abubakari Yakubu, Stephen Crainey, Ian Evatt, Rob Edwards, Juanito, Chris Basham, David Carney, Damien Tiberi

Midfielders: Leadnro Augusto, David Vaughan, Andy Reid, Charlie Adam, Ludovic Sylvestre, Fernando Arce, Elliot Grandin, Dave van den Bergh

Strikers: DJ Campbell, Marlon Harewood, Hector Mancilla, Brett Ormerod

Under 21's: Florent Petit (GK), Craig Cathcart (DC), Febian Brandy (ST)​

Last edited:
13th August 2010

Skysportslogo.png

Pre Season Exclusive Interview

_46175777_di-matteo512x.jpg

Roberto, with the season about to begin do you feel your team is ready to get started?

I feel that the pre-season went great, the players are still getting an understanding of each other but I feel that the team is blending well.

With 10 signings this transfer window it is looking likely that we will see some of these players in the starting lineup tomorrow.

Well I cannot reveal my lineup but we have signed players with the purpose of putting them straight into action as I feel they have the experience to cope with the demands of the Premier League.

Newly promoted Newcastle are your first opponents tomorrow, how do you feel about pitching yourselves against what potentially could be fellow relegation candidates at the end of the season?

Newcastle performed fantastically last season and have a good base to start on, we feel that every game is as important as the next we will be going into the game with the thought of attacking Newcastle and putting them on the back foot.

With most pundits questioning whether Blackpool will be able to win a corner let alone a match how do you fancy your chances on avoiding the drop?

I know as well as the players that everyone expects us to struggle and there is a mentality around the training ground that we want to prove people wrong.

With a draw in the League Cup at home against Barnsley you must feel that this is a good opportunity to progress in this competition.

Well I feel that Premier League survival is our priority for the season anything else will be looked upon as an even greater success. But we will be putting competitive sides out as I feel we have suitable depth to compete on both fronts.

Thanks Roberto.

14th August 2010

premier-league-logo-150x150.gif

Sky_Sports.png

SEASON STARTS HERE

The Premier League is starting today with newly promoted Blackpool playing Championship Champions Newcastle United at Bloomfield Road.

Bloomfield-Road-006.jpg

BLACKPOOL VS NEWCASTLE UNITED

BLACKPOOLTEAMSHEET.jpg

SEVEN NEW SIGNINGS START FOR BLACKPOOL TODAY

BLACKPOOLLINEUP.jpg

Blackpool line up in a 4 - 3 - 3 formation, with new signing Hector Mancilla leading the line with Fernando Arce and Dave van den Bergh in support. This is an extremely attacking lineup from Roberto's men, we should have a great game on our hands.

"I have gone with the 4 - 3 - 3 in the same fashion that was used last season, the players are used to it, and the new signings should fit right in. Its with great anticipation that I've been looking forward to this game, everything is in place and ready to put in a good performance against Newcastle today. Bloomfield Road is bouncing, the fans are all ready for the game, the atmosphere is fantastic and the players are looking forward to getting out there."

Newcastle Lineup:

S Harper, A John-Baptiste, S Campbell, M Williamson, F Coloccini, S Coleman, S Ireland, K Nolan, H Ben Arfa, S Amebi, P Lovenkrands

charlie-adam-blackpool-1911.jpg

Blackpool - 5
Matthew Booth (5)
David Vaughan (19)
Charlie Adam (45+2)
Dave van den Bergh (49)
Fernando Arce (88)

Newcastle - 1
Kevin Nolan (38)

BBC.png

Post Match Interview

_49631274_dimatteo.jpg

Well I think you've surprised alot of people today with that result, how do you feel?

Well it was a fabulous team performance the new boys came in and we passed the ball around great today. Dominated possession throughout the game and other than their swift counter we stopped them from getting any clear cut chances.

After the destruction of Newcastle today you must be feeling good about your chances for the rest of the season.

There is along time to go and we are just going to take each game as they come, we have set a target of 40 points for survival and the sooner we can get those points on the board the better.

Fernando Arce won man of the match today, you must be delighted with his contribution for the team today.

Fernando was great today, ran Coloccini ragged at left back, and got a goal at the end to make up for what was a fantastic performance. But the whole team performed admirably I felt Charlie led the team great and set a fantastic example with that wonder strike just before half time.

With that goal going in just before half time after Kevin Nolan had given Newcastle a way back into the game the next was pivotal.

Yeh, Charlie is a technically gifted footballer and that gave us a nice deserved two goal cushion to go into half time with. In the second half I felt it was just how many could we get.

Thanks Roberto for what was an incredibly entertaining match.

Goal of the Game

Next Update will be entire August Results

Fantastic Story Mate, Following this, nice to see goal of the game included as well!
Keep it up :)

Complete August Update

21st August 2010

Sky_Sports.png

Blackpool travel to the Reebok stadium to face their rivals Bolton in a highly anticipated North West Derby.

Bolton-Wanderers--Reebok-Stadium_1057788.jpg

BOLTON VS BLACKPOOL

blackpoolvboltonlineup.jpg

BLACKPOOL UNCHANGED FROM SIDE THAT DEMOLISHED NEWCASTLE ON OPENING DAY OF THE SEASON

blackpoolvboltonteam.jpg

"The team are ready for the challenge that we face at Bolton today. They are an established Premier League team under the leadership of Owen Coyle, they are playing a new brand of football, but still have the ability to revert to their old direct style if required. I feel that the team I have put forward is fully capable of getting a result today."

Roberto di Matteo on his sides chances.

Bolton Lineup:

J Jaaskelainen, G Steinsson, D Wheater, A Williams, P Robinson, Lee Chung-Yong, F Muamba, S Holden, M Petrov, K Davies, D Sturridge

Mancilla.jpg

Bolton - 1
Daniel Sturridge 23

Blackpool - 1
Hector Mancilla 6

Match Summary

Hector Mancilla scores first Premier League Goal as Blackpool limp to 1 - 1 draw with Bolton.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ50qw0cyRo"]Goal of the Game[/ame]

25th August 2010

carling-cup.jpg

Carling Cup 2nd Round

Sky_Sports.png

SKY SPORTS CARLING CUP SPECIAL

Blackpool face a Barnsley team low on confidence in tonight's Carling Cup 2nd Round Clash.

Bloomfield-Road-006.jpg

BLACKPOOL VS BARNSLEY

blackpoolvsbarnsley.jpg

BLACKPOOL MAKE 8 CHANGES FROM WEEKEND DRAW WITH BOLTON

blackpoolvsbarsnleylineup.jpg

Ex-Sunderland winger Andy Reid makes his Blackpool debut as new boss Roberto di Matteo rings the changes in a Carling Cup 2nd Round Match. Damien Tiberi and Florent Petit also make their first start for Blackpool.

"I have belief in the players that I have put out there today, Andy Reid is an experienced player and he knows what its like to be in this competition, I have also left some other experienced heads out there in Juanito, Hector Mancilla and David Vaughan. Barnsley are a good Championship team but we are looking to progress today."

Barnsley Lineup:

R Valbuena, S Foster, Kali, J Shackell, B Hassell, D Arismendi, G Lovre, H Colace, N Doyle, M Reuser, G O'Connor

article-1281904831865-0ACB8B78000005DC-709365_636x300.jpg

Blackpool - 2
Elliot Grandin (14)
Hector Mancilla (23)

Barnsley - 1
Gary O'Connor (68)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44hHaE1hm3s"]Goal of the Game[/ame]

29th August 2010

Sky_Sports.png

SKY SPORTS FOOTBALL SPECIAL

The biggest challenge so far for Newly Promoted Blackpool, Liverpool come to Bloomfield Road.

Bloomfield-Road-006.jpg

BLACKPOOL VS LIVERPOOL

BLACKPOOLTEAMSHEET.jpg

BLACKPOOL RETURN TO SAME TEAM THAT DREW WITH BOLTON

BLACKPOOLLINEUP.jpg

Kenny Dalglish's Liverpool arrives at Bloomfield Road ready for a match that should be fully or entertainment.

"Kenny has given Liverpool a new level of confidence since his arrival and they are now playing attacking football, this is going to be a tough game for us, but I have confidence in my players and we will continue to play the way we have done and I'm confident we can give them a good game. They are a team that doesn't have great width so we will be looking to exploit this."

Liverpool Lineup:

J Reina, M Kelly, J Carragher, D Agger, G Johnson, S Gerrard, Lucas, Raul Meireles, J Cole, M Jovanovic, A Carroll

Blackpool-v-West-Brom-Charlie-Adam-celeb_2521946.jpg

Blackpool - 2
Charlie Adam (51)
Febian Brandy (90)
Abubakari Yakubu sent off (70)

Liverpool - 1
Raul Meireles (8)​

Match Summary​
Blackpool come back from 1 - 0 down to secure a memorable victory against Liverpool thanks to 2 wonder goals.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmn0-KaYg3I"]Charlie Adam Strike[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACGWajWUwpY"]Febian Brandy Solo Goal[/ame]

Liverpool Boss Compliments Tangerines

107957131_crop_340x234.jpg

New Liverpool Boss Kenny Dalglish after his teams 2 - 1 defeat to Blackpool was complimentary for Tangerine boss Roberto di Matteo.

"If they (Blackpool) can play like that then they will be safe this season. I thought they reacted fantastically well to going a goal down, and we just couldn't seem to stop them from playing. It looks like we were going to get a draw out of the game before their young striker Febian Brandy ripped our defence to shreds and left us thinking what could have been. But they should be able to avoid the drop if they can remain consistent throughout the season."

31st August 2010

New-Transfer-Deadline-Day-800_2496325.jpg

BREAKING TRANSFER NEWS

BLACKPOOL COMPLETE SIGNING OF SOUTHAMPTON STARLET ALEX CHAMBERLAIN

alexchamberlainjpgdisplay.jpg

Blackpool have just announced the signing of 17 year old Southampton starlet Alex Chamberlain for a fee in the region of £1.2m, on a 5 year deal. This has come as a shock as many pundits and fans believed that Alex was on his way to Arsenal. Alex has come out with a statement.

"I am delighted to have signed for Blackpool its a great club and has a great manager in Roberto. This is the best moment of my life, and I am determined to force myself into the first team as soon as possible. I want to become a fan favourite for this club and I know the only way I can do that is by performing so I can't wait to get into training with the rest of the guys."

Blackpool Chairman Karl Oyston released a statement regarding the signing of 17 year old Alex Chamberlain.

"This is a fantastic capture for the club, some would say its a coup, but I think it just shows the great strides forward that this club is making. This signing shows we have ambition for the future, Alex is an extremely sort after player and we are delighted that he chose Blackpool as his new home.

August Results Summary

League - Newcastle (HOME) 5 - 1 [] Matthew Booth, David Vaughan, Charlie Adam, Dave van den Bergh, Fernando Arce
League - Bolton (AWAY) 1 - 1 [] Hector Mancilla
Carling Cup - Barnsley (HOME) 2 - 1 [] Elliot Grandin, Hector Mancilla
League - Liverpool (HOME) 2 - 1 [] Charlie Adam, Febian Brandy

Charlie Adam wins August Goal of the Month Competition

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5qCOK-iQ-8"]August Goal of the Month[/ame]

David Vaughan runner up in August Goal of the Month Competition

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcUbgilgi34"]August Goal of the Month[/ame]

End of August League Table

Leaguetable.png

Blackpool occupy joint 1st place level with 7 points from their first three points level with Manchester United and Arsenal. They also have a goal difference of +5 after scoring an impressive 8 goals in their first 3 Premier League games.​

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:45 PM ----------

BBC.png

Manager of the Month Award

5056955600_8a7b40a9df.jpg

Today Roberto di Matteo has been announced as August Manager of the Month after leading his team to remaining unbeaten in August and having won 2 games and drawing the other. Whilst progressing in the League Cup to the 3rd Round. The month will mostly be remembered for a 2 - 1 victory against a new look Liverpool side under the management of Kenny Dalglish. Blackpool started the game the slowest and soon fell behind to a Raul Meireles header. It wasn't until the second half until Blackpool looked like improving when di Matteo's men came out and were fantastic value. They played high tempo football utilising the whole pitch. Charlie Adam was spraying the ball around then in the 51st minute Leandro Augusto laid the ball off to the playmaker who unleashed an unstoppable shot past the outstretched Jose Reina. Things then looked bleak for Blackpool after Abubakari Yakubu was sent off on 70 minutes for a second bookable offence. Blackpool changed their formation and played Febian Brandy up front by himself with the view to release him through a ball over the top. It wasn't until Dave van den Bergh expertly released Febian Brandy who had it all to do and skinned three Liverpool defenders before firing the ball past the Liverpool keeper.

Roberto's Reaction

"I am delighted to receive this award but its only thanks to my team that I am here accepting this. Its been a great month for us, we only hope that this can continue and will keep just taking each game as they come. The team have an great attitude and will keep working till the final whistle. We are working towards a survival points target of 40 so thats 7 down 33 to go. We know in this League anything can happen so its just a matter of working hard and doing the best we can."

Last edited:
September Update

September Fixtures

PL Wolves vs Blackpool (11.9.2010)
PL Blackpool vs Chelsea (18.9.2010)
CC Blackpool vs Man City (22.9.2010)
PL Aston Villa vs Blackpool (25.9.2010)​

11th September 2010

Sky_Sports.png

Blackpool travel to Molineux to face Mick McCarthy's Wolves in a potential 6 pointer.

Wolves_1058465.jpg

WOLVES VS BLACKPOOL​

wolvesteamupload.jpg

NEAL EARDLEY COMES IN FOR SUSPENDED YAKUBU AT RIGHT BACK

wolvesupload.jpg

"The team is ready and prepared for this match after the International break, we are looking for a good performance. Neal is a good talent and is coming in for the suspended Abubakari, and I have confidence in him putting in a good shift today."

Wolves Lineup:

Adriano Basso, K Foley, M Mancienne, C Berra, S Ward, A Hammill, K Henry, N Milijas, J O'Hara, L Becchio, L Griffiths

_celebrate.jpg

Wolves - 0
Kevin Foley injured (71)

Blackpool - 1
Fernando Arce (75)

Match Summary

Fernando Arce pounces on the rebound from Mancilla's shot to score his second Premier League goal as Blackpool go 4 games unbeaten in the League.

18th September 2010

Sky_Sports.png

Blackpool face their biggest challenge of the season facing Chelsea, who have won 3 out of their first 4 Premier League games.

Bloomfield-Road-006.jpg

BLACKPOOL VS CHELSEA

BLACKPOOLTEAMSHEET.jpg

ABUBAKARI YAKUBU RETURNS TO STARTING LINEUP AS BLACKPOOL FACE CHELSEA, ALEX CHAMBERLAIN ON BENCH!

BLACKPOOLLINEUP.jpg

"We will continue to play the way we have been, attacking and playing pass and move football. It has been very effective for us so far in the season the new signings fitting perfectly into the style. Chelsea are tough opponents but we will do our best."

Chelsea Lineup:

P Cech, B Ivanovic, Alex, David Luiz, A Cole, J Mikel, M Essien, F Lampard, N Anelka, F Malouda, F Torres

alexchamberlainjpgdisplay.jpg

Blackpool - 1​
Alex Chamberlain (89)

Chelsea - 3
Frank Lampard (61)
Florent Malouda (65)
Saloman Kalou (90+4)

Match Summary

Blackpool unlucky to leave this game without any points, having most of the ball, but conceding to two strikes from outside the box. Before Alex Chamberlain came off the bench to get a dramatic late goal but as Blackpool continued to push they conceded another late goal to finish the game off.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHKqANRAQKs"]Goal of the Game[/ame]

22nd September 2010

carling-cup.jpg

Sky_Sports.png

SKY SPORTS CARLING CUP SPECIAL

Blackpool face Big Spenders Manchester City in a 3rd Round League Cup game where they might have hoped for easier opponents.

Bloomfield-Road-006.jpg

BLACKPOOL VS MANCHESTER CITY

mancityleaguecup2.jpg

BLACKPOOL NAME WEAKENED SIDE AGAINST MANCHESTER CITY​

mancityleaguecup.jpg

"With our squad we have to rotate as much as possible, tonight I have named as strong a team as I possibly could, we retain our full strength defence with Florent making his debut in goal. The rest of the team have played for us before and I am expecting a performance, we want to give Manchester City a good game and make them not want to come to Bloomfield Road again."

Manchester City Lineup:

J Hart, M Richards, K Toure, J Lescott, A Kolarov, N de Jong, Y Toure, P Vieira, A Johnson, E Hazard, E Dzeko

DJ-Campbell-scores-for-Blackpool-v-Birmingham_2547321.jpg

Blackpool - 3
Hector Mancilla (18)
DJ Campbell (23)
Dave van den Bergh (66)

Manchester City - 2
Kolo Toure (75)
Adam Johnson (81)
Aleksandar Kolarov injured (36)

Match Summary

Blackpool dominate as they beat Manchester City 3 - 2 at Bloomfield Road. The scoreline flatters a Manchester City team that did not start playing until late in the game when Blackpool naively continued pressing for more goals. Blackpool dominated possession moving the ball around the park and not letting Man City get a sniff. Man City suffered from a lack of creativity in the centre of the park playing with Vieira, de Jong and Yaya Toure.

"Tonight is a fantastic victory for us. Manchester City named a very strong team and we played fantastically. We dominated the ball and didn't let them near us. DJ Campbell came in and performed great, I will be looking to give him some more game time in the near future. We gave away 2 late goals that made the end of the game that bit more tense that it should have been, but we just wanted more goals so kept pushing when we should have really played keep ball and tried not to concede."

Roberto di Matteo on Blackpool's League Cup shock result.

25th September 2010

Sky_Sports.png

Blackpool travel to Birmingham to face Gerard Houllier's Aston Villa after Blackpool's fantastic League Cup result.

Aston-Villa--Villa-Park-General_1057761.jpg

ASTON VILLA VS BLACKPOOL

villateam.jpg

DJ CAMPBELL RETAINS PLACE ON LEFT FLANK AFTER TOP PERFORMANCE VS MAN CITY MIDWEEK.

villalineup.jpg

"DJ was fantastic in the midweek game vs Manchester City and because we brought him off before the end of that game I felt it would be great for him to have an opportunity again in the first team. Villa are a strong team but I feel that we will be able to play our way through them and I am aiming for at least a draw in this game. We do understand that they are a very good counter attacking side and have taken this into account."

Aston Villa Lineup:

B Friedel, L Young, C Cuellar, R Dunne, S Warnock, M Albrighton, S Petrov, N Reo-Coker, R Pires, A Young, D Bent

david-vaughan-blackpool-scores-1st-goal.jpg

Aston Villa - 1
D Bent (71)

Blackpool - 1
D Vaughan (56)

Match Summary

Blackpool lucky to come away with a draw at Villa Park after a feisty affair. Villa we unlucky to score in the first half after carving Blackpool's defence to pieces on occasions. But it was the visitors who scored the first thanks to a fantastic strike from 25 yards from David Vaughan, before it was deservedly cancelled out by Darren Bent's 71st minute strike.​

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRQMDqoXh5Y"]Goal of the Game[/ame]

Month Results Summary

Blackpool_FC.png

PL (Away) Wolves: 1 - 0 [] Fernando Arce
PL (Home) Chelsea: 1 - 3 [] Alex Chamberlain
CC (Home) Man City: 3 - 2 [] Hector Mancilla, DJ Campbell, Dave van den Bergh
PL (Away) Aston Villa: 1 - 1 [] David Vaughan​

Roberto di Matteo thoughts on September Results​

_49631274_dimatteo.jpg

What do you make of your results in September Roberto?

Well I feel that the whole team performed fabulously, we were unlucky in the Chelsea game where on another day we could have come away with all 3 points. But then we were lucky in the Aston Villa game to come away with a point as they could have beaten us in that game if it wasn't for Richard Kingson in goal.

With everyone shocked at that result against Manchester City in mid September you must be delighted.

I certainly am it just shows what we are capable of when the team play the way I know they can. We have fantastic passers of the ball and can keep the ball and cut teams open. Manchester City are renowned for their strong defence but we managed to put 3 goals past them so we are delighted with this.

You face Manchester City in the league in October do you think you will be able to repeat this result in that fixture.

Well the game in October is at City of Manchester Stadium so this will make it harder for us. But the team will play the same way we did today and there is always a chance.

You must be delighted with the fashion that Alex Chamberlain has come into action this month scoring a fabulous goal against Chelsea.

Alex is a fantastic prospect, we will be looking to play him when possible and allow him to develop into a top class player.

Thanks Roberto.

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:35 AM ----------

Next Update coming later tonight.

well done good results especially vs city weakened team

follow my story shearer returns to rovers

well done good results especially vs city weakened team

follow my story shearer returns to rovers

Yeh I'll check it out mate, you should put a link in your sig, make it easier to get too.

City's team wasn't that weak but was really surprised to get the victory against them!!

i didint mean city had a weakend team i meant you sorry lol should have made myself more clearer

i didint mean city had a weakend team i meant you sorry lol should have made myself more clearer

Ahhhh okay lol, just wondering on some feedback do you think I should have a simpler layout to get through the games quicker and then just put the tactic screenshots for the bigger games? Just wondering what would be better.

Don't seem to have alot of followers at the moment with the current layout!!! Lol, but guess I'll keeping plugging on!!!

if you think you need to change then change sooner or later more followers will come i hardly get no followers except from 3 or 4 but eventually word starts going around and youll get a mention

Yeh that sounds about right, I'm new to this so just thinking of the best ways I can improve it.

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 AM ----------

October Update

October Fixtures

PL Blackpool vs Stoke (2.10.2010)
PL Man City vs Blackpool (18.10.2010)
PL Blackpool vs Wigan (24.10.2010)
CC Blackpool vs Sheff Utd (27.10.2010)
PL Blackpool vs Spurs (30.10.2010)​

"On paper this looks like it could be a tricky month, we have set a target of 6 points, with 2 wins against Stoke and Wigan. We also hope to progress to the Quarter final of the League Cup as we feel we have got a good draw in Sheff Utd who are focusing on their on survival in the Championship."

Di Matteo on October Fixtures

2nd October 2010

Sky_Sports.png

Blackpool face a Stoke City team that are currently in 9th position with 9 points from their first 6 PL fixtures.

Bloomfield-Road-006.jpg

BLACKPOOL VS STOKE CITY

BLACKPOOLTEAMSHEET.jpg

BLACKPOOL NAME THEIR FIRST CHOICE STARTING 11 IN A BID TO SECURE 3 POINTS

BLACKPOOLLINEUP.jpg

"We feel this is a must win game for us, the "lesser" Premier League teams including ourselves must target beating teams in this bracket to survive. We are playing every game like its our Cup Final."

Stoke City Lineup:

A Begovic, P Ninkov, R Shawcross, R Huth, L Licht, J Pennant, G Whelan, S Diao, M Etherington, J Carew, K Jones

images.jpg

Blackpool - 2
Hector Mancilla (1, 21)

Stoke City - 1
Robert Huth (51)

Match Summary

The scoreline somewhat flattered Stoke City in this match, which was completely dominated by Blackpool who saw most of the ball and created a hatful of chances. Fernando Arce showed his ability as being a top quality crosser of the ball twice putting the ball into the kind of area that Hector Mancilla just loves getting on the end of it and twice finished from close range.

Goal of the Game

18th October 2010

7302.jpg

Welcome to our Monday Night Football special between a Blackpool side that are high on confidence in the League and a Manchester City side that are still smarting after their defeat in the League Cup 3rd Round to Blackpool. In what at the start of the season would have been considered a routine win for Manchester City has turned into what is being considered a closely matched game.

Blackpool are largely expected to lineup the same as the way they did in the League Cup 3rd Round, with exception to Florent Petit in goal. Whilst Manchester City top scorer Carlos Tevez is expected to return.

Sky Sports Prediction: 2 - 1 Manchester City

sports1_stadium.jpg

MANCHESTER CITY VS BLACKPOOL

villateam.jpg

DJ CAMPBELL RETURNS AFTER TOP PERFORMANCE IN PREVIOUS MEETING

villalineup.jpg

"This match will be very different to the game at Bloomfield Road in the cup, Manchester City are in front of their own fans and they will have a point to prove today. But we will not simply roll over we are going to go out there and attack them and try to get a result."

Man City Lineup:

J Hart, M Richards, V Kompany, K Toure, D Criscito, Y Toure, N de Jong, G Barry, S Wright-Phillips, D Silva, C Tevez

hector-mancilla-toluca.jpg

Man City - 2
Yaya Toure (35)
Carlos Tevez (37)

Blackpool - 1
Hector Mancilla (20)

Match Summary

Man City huffed and puffed as they struggle to overcome Blackpool. It was Blackpool who took the lead thanks to a expertly finished shot from Chilean Striker Hector Mancilla who was put through by a fantastic pass from DJ Campbell. This was undone after Man City scored a quickfire double to put an end to Blackpool's hopes of recreating their League Cup Victory.

Goal of the Game

24th October 2010

Sky_Sports.png

Blackpool face a Wigan side struggling for form and goals trailing in last place in the Premier League.

Bloomfield-Road-006.jpg

BLACKPOOL VS WIGAN ATHLETIC

villateam.jpg

BLACKPOOL UNCHANGED FROM MONDAY NIGHTS GAME WITH MAN CITY

villalineup.jpg

"After a narrow defeat to Manchester City on Monday I felt that it is important to keep the same set of players pushing on, fitness levels are good so that shouldn't be a problem today. Wigan's position in the table doesn't represent the quality of a side that they are. We will pay them respect today, whilst playing our attacking football. We are hoping for all 3 points after todays match."

Wigan Lineup:

C Kirkland, T Hagli, A Alcaraz, E Boyce, M Figueroa, H Thomas, M Diame, B Watson, D Braaten, T Cleverly, H Rodallega

BCOOMB_220111_174416_0_0772_r669715.jpg

Blackpool - 2
Charlie Adam (pen 76)
Juanito (86)

Wigan - 0

Match Summary

Blackpool made the game hard for themselves today, in a game they dominated it wasn't until 76th minute penalty from Charlie Adam broke the deadlock. Early in the game they carved Wigan's defence to shreds without getting that vital first goal. This seemed to give Wigan confidence and they began to push forward until in a swift counter attacking move substitute Febian Brandy got brought down in the box by Alcaraz. It was game over once the first Blackpool goal went in. Blackpool's second was a wonderfully worked goal as Leonardo Augusto showed his class from the dead ball situation as he whipped in a cross to the far post where of all people centre back Juanito was there to volley home from close range to score his first goal for Blackpool.

Goal of the Game

27th October 2010

carling-cup.jpg

Sky_Sports.png

Blackpool face Sheffield United in the League Cup 4th Round, a team that are currently in the bottom 4 in the Championship. This is a match that Blackpool have already mentioned that they are looking to win. They feel that this cup run is giving the team an extra boost and resulting in them transferring this form into the League.

Bloomfield-Road-006.jpg

BLACKPOOL VS SHEFFIELD UNITED

villateam.jpg

BLACKPOOL NAME THE SAME STARTING 11 FOR THE THIRD TIME IN A WEEK

villalineup.jpg

"The players feel fit and are ready to play, I felt it was imperative to name the strongest squad possible as we are aiming to get victory today to propel ourselves into the Quarter Final draw."

Sheffield United Lineup:

S Simonsen, J Calve, N Collins, N Nosworthy, S Jordan, J Ward, N Monthgomery, L Williamson, D Buckley, C Evans, R Cresswell

Blackpool - 2
Hector Mancilla (11)
David Vaughan (28)

Sheffield United - 1
Ched Evans (84)

Match Summary

Blackpool struggled to overcome Championship struggler's in a match where the first goal proved to be vital, Stephen Crainey lifted a fantastic ball over the top for Hector Mancilla to chase down and slot passed the diving Simonsen. The game seemed to be locked up in the 28th minute after David Vaughan scored a fantastic strike from outside of the box. Ched Evans then gave Sheffield United a way back into the game late on after a fantastic team move that left Blackpool defenders scratching their heads.

Goal of the Game

30th October 2010

Sky_Sports.png

Blackpool face a Spurs side that are currently on form who are lieing in 4th place after a great run of results. Spurs look to dominate a Blackpool side that is likely to be exhausted after their main starting 11 has played 3 matches in a week.

Bloomfield-Road-006.jpg

BLACKPOOL VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

spursteam.jpg

EARDLEY, BASHAM AND CHAMBERLAIN COME IN AS BLACKPOOL BID TO OVERCOME FATIGUE TO CONTINUE RUN

spurslineup.jpg

"We have some very tired players in the team but we are fully aware that we have caused this by pushing the players through the midweek game against Sheffield United. I know the team will give it their all today but its just a question of how much that all will be."

Spurs Lineup:

S Pletikosa, A Hutton, M Dawson, L King, B Assou-Ekotto, S Pienaar, N Kranjcar, L Modric, G Bale, R van der Vaart, J Defoe

HECTOR-MANCILLA1.jpg

Blackpool - 2
Hector Mancilla (37, 77)
Juanito sent off (73)

Spurs - 3
Gareth Bale (19, 53)
Jermain Defoe (59)

Match Summary

A tired performance from a Blackpool side clearly showing signs of fatigue. Gareth Bale ran Blackpool's defence ragged today scoring 2 top quality goals. Bale opened the scoring in the 19th minute after a David Vaughan challenge on Defoe leaving Bale to be the first to react to jump on the rebound and dribble around Richard Kingson to finish smartly. David Vaughan again involved slotting Hector Mancilla clean through as he slots the ball past the diving Pletikosa. Gareth Bale then scored his second after some fantastic work down the right flank by Stephen Pienaar who crossed for it to miss everyone in the box for Bale to pounce from the far post. Jermain Defoe then scored a tidy finish to make it 3 - 1 to the visitors. It looked like game over in the 73rd minute as Juanito was sent off for a second bookable offence after a tired looking challenge on the Welsh Wonderkid Gareth Bale. Hector Mancilla then handed 10 man Blackpool a lifeline as Febian Brandy bombed forward down the right flank to cross for Hector to finish with a neat finish. However the deficit was to great for Blackpool to overcome despite hitting the woodwork on 2 occasions before the end of the match.

October Results Summary

Blackpool_FC.png

PL (Home) Stoke 2 - 1 [] Hector Mancilla (2)
PL (Away) Man City 1 - 2 [] Hector Mancilla
PL (Home) Wigan 2 - 0 [] Charlie Adam, Juanito
CC (Home) Sheff Utd 2 - 1 [] Hector Mancilla, David Vaughan
PL (Home) Spurs 2 - 3 [] Hector Mancilla (2)​

Next Update: Roberto di Matteo interview, Player analysis, League Cup Quarter Final draw,

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

End of October League Table

OctTable.png

Blackpool are currently looking secure in 7th place with 17 points from their first 10 Premier League Matches. Blackpool are certainly not struggling scoring at the Premier League having scored 18 goals already, with their attacking mentality and belief to keep pushing on has inevitably allowed them to concede 13 goals so far as well.

League Cup Quarter Final Draw

carling-cup.jpg

Blackpool will be hoping to avoid some of the bigger teams left in the League Cup as we approach the time for the Quarter Final Draw.

010373377070900.jpg

Teams left in the pot for the League Cup Quarter Final.

Arsenal
Birmingham
Blackpool
Fulham
Leicester
Liverpool
Manchester United
Wolves

Quarter Final Fixtures

Manchester United vs Fulham
Blackpool vs Arsenal
Leicester vs Birmingham
Liverpool vs Wolves

Blackpool have the chance to entertain Arsenal at Bloomfield Road on 30th November.

Talksprot.png

Roberto di Matteo Interview

_46175777_di-matteo512x.jpg

Hello Roberto, nice of you to join us today.

That's no problem at all, nice to you to have me on.

After what can only be described as a fantastic start to your Premier League season, you must be delighted with the way in which the team has taken to the challenge.

The team are performing admirably we have had a few slip ups but that's to be expected. We are playing well together and the understanding is growing with every game that we play.

With the League Cup Quarter Final coming up at the end of November how do you feel to have drawn a team of Arsenal's quality.

Well it's going to be a tough game none the less, we will give it our all and the fans will be fantastic for us and create a great atmosphere as they have been all season for us so far.

Many people are linking your success with the signing of Chilean International Striker Hector Mancilla, after scoring 6 goals in 5 games for your side this month.

HctorMancillaStats_Form.png

Hector is a fantastic player he knows exactly where the goal is and has very intelligent movement off the ball he always gets into the right place. He has gone through a rich vein of form as he is learning to link up well with the midfield. I feel that he will only go from strength to strength and hopefully be able to maintain this form for months to come.

Another great signing for you has been that of Mexican International Leandro Augusto, although not a defensive midfielder with all the natural attributes for that position he is playing great for you.

Yes he is a fantastic talent although he is not the natural ball winner to be playing this role, I liken his type of player to that of Paul Scholes at Manchester United, he has fantastic ability and can pick up the ball and spray it around the park. He also has unbelievable ability from dead ball situations.

With the success that you've had so far this season you must be growing in confidence of being able to keep this Blackpool team in this division.

Well we can only take the season one game at a time, I know that we are performing well at the moment and we hope that long may it continue.

Well thanks for the interview Roberto, and good luck for the rest of the season.

Next post, November Update

Brilliant updates mate! still finding this a good read and to be in the top 10 is awesome! looks like you could easily be in for a shout of europa if you can keep your team playing the same way! KIU bud!! :)

Brilliant updates mate! still finding this a good read and to be in the top 10 is awesome! looks like you could easily be in for a shout of europa if you can keep your team playing the same way! KIU bud!! :)

Cheers mate will do November at the end of today. Feel like I've got a good blend of players at the club now. Just hope don't get any bad injuries!!

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:51 PM ----------

November Update​

November Fixtures​

PL Sunderland vs Blackpool (6.11.2010)
PL Everton vs Blackpool (10.11.2010)
PL Blackpool vs West Brom (13.11.2010)
PL Fulham vs Blackpool (20.11.2010)
PL Blackpool vs Birmingham (27.11.2010)
CC Blackpool vs Arsenal (30.11.2010)​

"Entering the Christmas period the fixtures are coming thick and fast and we are looking forward to getting out there and giving it our all. The team are looking to bounce back after the defeat to Spurs. We're going to have to shift the pack a bit but I'm confident that we can get results in a number of the coming fixtures. Most people's questions have all been about the game at the end of the month against Arsenal, and we are hoping to give it a go there and see what we can do."

Roberto di Matteo on November Fixtures.

6th November 2010

premier-league-badge1.gif

Sky_Sports.png

Blackpool travel north to face a Sunderland side who have been struggling in recent weeks with marquee summer signing Asamoah Gyan out with an ankle injury.

SunderlandStadiumOfLight.jpg

SUNDERLAND VS BLACKPOOL

sunderlandteam.jpg

IAN EVATT COMES IN FOR SUSPENDED JUANITO AS BLACKPOOL LOOK TO BOUNCE BACK FROM DEFEAT TO SPURS

sunderlandlineup.jpg

"Ian is a fantastic defender and has been unlucky not to feature so far in the season, we will be looking for a strong away performance today. Sunderland are a good Premier League team so even though they are without their main man up front we still expect a good game."

Sunderland Lineup:

C Gordon, P Bardsley, D Verkhovstov, M Turner, F Monzon, J Henderson, L Cattermole, S Muntari, S Malbranque, F Campbell, D Welbeck

charlie-adam-blackpool-1911.jpg

Sunderland - 0

Blackpool - 3

David Vaughan (11)
Hector Mancilla (51)
Charlie Adam (pen 75)

Match Summary

In a game dominated by Blackpool it wasn't a surprise that the score ended up 3 - 0. Leandro Augusto was fantastic in his deep role pinging the ball around the park, and assisting Hector Mancilla's goal with a fantastic ball that cut straight through the two Sunderland centre backs.

10th November 2010

Sky_Sports.png

Blackpool travel to face a tough Everton side in fine form.

GoodisonPark.jpg

EVERTON VS BLACKPOOL

EvertonvsBlackpool.png

JUANITO RETURNS FROM SUSPENSION TO FACE EVERTON

"Despite Ian putting in a fantastic performance against Sunderland I felt that it was important to go back to the team that has proved so successful for us this season. Also Ian is not completely match fit as that was his first game of the season, so we will be looking at giving him some opportunities in the coming games."

Everton Lineup:

T Howard, I Castro, S Papac, S Distin, L Baines, L Osman, J Rodwell, M Fellaini, M Gueye, D Bilyaletdinov, A Vellios

26464.jpg

Everton - 0

Blackpool - 1

Juanito (65)

Match Summary

In a match that Blackpool dominated it looked like they were not going to be able to break down the Everton defence until they again showed how lethal they can be from set pieces when Leandro Augusto whipped a fantastic ball to the far post where there was Juanito to head the ball past Tim Howard. Blackpool carved Everton open on several occasions but were unable to capitalise on these so the game remained tense until the final whistle as Everton pushed for an equaliser.

13th November 2010

Sky_Sports.png

Blackpool look to defeat fellow relegation candidates West Brom in what could eventually turn out to be a 6 pointer.

Bloomfield-Road-006.jpg

BLACKPOOL VS WEST BROM

BlackpoolvsBaggies.png

"I know we are on a good run of form and long that may continue, but it is important for us to defeat teams that could potentially finish around us so this is a must win game for us. we have brought in Chris Basham and Neal Eardley to keep the squad fresh and are looking to press forward to win here. There is no part of me that wants to settle the score with West Brom I just want to win this game for Blackpool and our survival hopes."

West Brom Lineup:

S Carson, Song Chong-Gong, G Tamas, J Olsson, N Shorey, P Sharner, G Jara, S Tchoyi, G Dorrans, J Thomas, P Odemwingie

hector-mancilla-toluca.jpg

Blackpool - 3

Hector Mancilla (32, 71)
Dave van den Bergh (65)

West Brom - 0

Match Summary

Roberto di Matteo will be delighted with the teams performance today, despite not seeing most of the ball as you would expect from Blackpool they were clinical and put away their chances when they got them. Both teams were fairly even but Blackpool proved to have the upper hand after 32 minutes when that man Hector Mancilla was there to finish superbly after a fantastic through ball from Dave van den Bergh. Dave in fact who put in a fabulous performance down the left flank providing and scoring a goal in this game rolled back the years and made the West Brom defence hope they don't come up against him again when he's in this form.

20th November 2010

Sky_Sports.png

Blackpool travel to the notoriously difficult ground that is Craven Cottage to face a Fulham side lying in 10th position in the league.

15-0.jpg

FULHAM VS BLACKPOOL

Fulham.png

SYLVESTRE AND CHAMBERLAIN COME IN AS MAJOR CHANGES TO BLACKPOOL TEAM

"We have some very tired players in the squad at the moment, I feel that Ludovic and Alex will be ready to perform today we will attack Fulham and see what result we can get. With Bobby Zamora back they feel lifted but we will try to put them on the back foot and not allow them to utilise his strengths."

Fulham Lineup:

M Schwarzer, S Kelly, B Hangeland, A Hughes, S Ricketts, C Dempsey, D Etuhu, K Dikgacoi, D Duff, B Zamora, D Kamara

hector-mancilla300x350.jpg

Fulham - 1
Clint Dempsey (2)
Clint Dempsey injured (66)

Blackpool - 2
Hector Mancilla (15)
Ludovic Sylvestre (20)
Juanito injured (21)
Abubakari Yakubu injured (86)

Match Summary

After the worse possible start when Clint Dempsey came in from the right flank to head in from 3 yards after a great cross from Damien Duff. Blackpool took the game by the scruff of the neck and didn't have to wait long to get back into the game. Dave van den Bergh was in imperious form down the left flank working the ball into a great position and crossing for Hector Mancilla to have a simple finish from inside the box. Things went from bad to worse for Fulham when Ludovic Sylvestre was found in space by a great ball from Charlie Adam to lash on in from close range.

The game took a dark turn when 3 players came off injured. Clint Dempsey for Fulham but it was after discovered that it was only a dead leg. Whilst Blackpool would be without Juanito for 6 days after suffering a knock on his ankle. Yakubu despite going off injured recovered and will be available for the next fixture.

27th November 2010

Sky_Sports.png

Blackpool have a home tie against a struggling Birmingham City and look to complete their run of 5 victories out of 5 in November.

Bloomfield-Road-006.jpg

BLACKPOOL VS BIRMINGHAM CITY

Birminghamvspoooool.png

EARDLEY AND EVATT START AS VAUGHAN, AUGUSTO AND ARCE RETURN TO FACE BIRMINGHAM

"As this is a home match we are looking for a strong performance from the team and look to get all 3 points. Birmingham City are going through a bad run at the moment but that doesn't mean they can't turn it round. We know they are notoriously hard to break down but I am confident in my teams ability to score against any team."

Birmingham City Lineup:

B Foster, M Jiranek, R Johnson, C Davies, C Rodriguez, D Bentley, B Ferguson, K Fahey, J Beausejour, M Derbyshire, O Martins

Blackpool - 3
David Vaughan (3)
Ian Evatt (25)
Hector Mancilla (82)

Birmingham City - 0
Barry Ferguson injured (24)

Match Summary

Blackpool got off the best possibly start after a fantastic strike from David Vaughan from distance that beat Birmingham keeper Ben Foster. The game then took a turn for the worst as Barry Ferguson the midfield dynamo for Birmingham went off due to a serious hip injury and will be out for 10 weeks. Blackpool took this as an opportunity to press home their advantage and certainly did that as Ian Evatt scored a 25th minute header after another fantastic delivery from midfield maestro Leandro Augusto. Birmingham's misery was then complete when Blackpool's Hector Mancilla got on the end of a pass from substitute Febian Brandy to score a placed finish from just outside the area.

di Matteo on November League Results

_49631274_dimatteo.jpg

"I don't think at the start of the season we would have dreamt of a 5 game winning streak and remaining undefeated in a month. We have scored 12 goals and conceded just 1 in November. This is a fantastic achievement for Blackpool and I am proud of the whole team. If we can keep this up then there is every chance that we can stave off relegation."

November Results Summary

Blackpool_FC.png

PL (Away) Sunderland 3 - 0 [] David Vaughan, Hector Mancilla, Charlie Adam
PL (Away) Everton 1 - 0 [] Juanito
PL (Home) West Brom 3 - 0 [] Mancilla (2), Dave van den Bergh
PL (Away) Fulham 2 - 1 [] Hector Mancilla, Ludovic Sylvestre
PL (Home) Birmingham 3 - 0 [] David Vaughan, Ian Evatt, Hector Mancilla​

Next Update League Cup Quarter Final Special