A simple (i guess) question about EU champions cup home grown rules

Ronarch

Reaction score
Re the rule : Minimum of 4 players trained at the club for 3 years between 15th and 21st birthdays

Let say if I bought a 17 years old player but he is loan out to another club until he is 21.
Is he eligible for the my team registration for EU champions cup?

Thanks very much for comments.

Sorry but perhaps I asked the wrong question.
I mean , Let say if I bought a 17 years old player but he is loan out to another club until he is 21.
Is he eligible for the my team registration for EU champions cup as a home grown player (trained at club)?

Sorry but perhaps I asked the wrong question.
I mean , Let say if I bought a 17 years old player but he is loan out to another club until he is 21.
Is he eligible for the my team registration for EU champions cup as a home grown player (trained at club)?

No. I have thought of that too, but it doesn't work that way. The player has to be in the club for at least 3 years (not loaned out) between age 15-21. And to make sure that you get the status (trained in club (15-21)) instead of (trained in club (0-21) which is useless for champions league/europa league registration) you have to make sure the due date is before the player's 21st birthday.

What I normally do is that I sign a player at 15-16 years old and then put him in the U18 squad for a at least 2 years then loan him out until he's 19/20 then put him in my first team squad.