akirox

Reaction score
Hello all. I am currently managing Chelmsford City in Blue Square Premier. The club is a semi-professional side. Now my question is: What can i do or what is needed to turn the club into a Professional one? I have started to sign full-time players hoping to turn it professional. Is this what's needed or something else needs to be done?

You are BSP right? You need to get promoted to League 2 if you want it to become proffesional...

Hmm strange. Newport CO. the previous winners of BSS (the same league i started) managed to get professional after spending a single season in BSP.(mentioning here they did not promote to L2) Nevertheless promotion shouldn't be a problem as i'm currently 1st with 18 games left to go :p

I think it's strange too, but it's the easiest way I can assure you... though what I don't get... With LukeCro's reconstruction of the Croatian League I got able to play 4.HNL and both 3.HNL and 4.HNL are amateur... I got promoted to 3.HNL and I became a professional club... which shouldn't happen I think but hey, I don't mind...

Isn't there an option when you make a boardroom request to go Pro?

If you get promoted you have to be a professional team, your chairman will probably send you a message about it.

I think if you sign enough professional players you can make a boardroom request in which you ask to turn pro, although really can't imagine it would make a huge difference in BSP?