A South American Dream From My Father

luko1234

Reaction score
A South American Dream From My Father
My father was a great man, and the reason you are reading this. He had been destined to play for Argentinian club Independente but was denied a contract after he was involved in a shooting and lost his left arm. At the age of 20 he was left with nothing. So he decided to volenteer at a local junior team called Jumial. Somehow he juggled managing a football team and working for a small shop that gave him enough income to keep a livelehood.
He made the children play fluid attacking football and took them to made them the best team in the region of Catamarca. He was loved by the people of Jumial and was widely known around the region.
But at the age of 27 he met a woman, to be my mother and quit football management all together.
They moved to Uruguay, and on 9th May 1986 I was born in a small terraced house. He taught me how football was an attacking game and defending was not an option. For him it was better to lose 4-3 than to scrape a 1-0 victory. So I played for my local club as a poacher, My goal was to score, and everyone else passed it to me. My Confidence wasn't misleading, as I captained the club to an unbeaten run of 3 seasons, getting top scorer for those 3 seasons.
When I was 18, my father was diagnosed with cancer, and I cared for him as i was out for a 2 weeks with a pulled groin. He persuaded the manager to let me play through the injury and he watched in a wheelchair as I struck in my 4th hatrick of the season. Each time I scored I gave my dad a hi-5 and crossed myself. Mixed emotions.
My father died the next day.
My Mother got a breakthrough at her business and got enough money to get me to collage, I decided to study sports psychology and after three years I returned to find my mother with and comfortable living, owning a regional business. She had enough money to let me gain invaluable experience in football managing by managing the team that I played for in my teenage years. However I wanted to make something of myself, and not have to rely on my mother. So I got a cheap agent and said to my mother "Dont give me any more money, because I'm going to be famous, for dad."
"For dad" She replied.

So I will only go venture outside of South America when my manager gets a good reputation and has lots of experience. Started as a sunday league footballer 25 years. I'll post more when I get a job
:D

The New Job

The New Job

This is a dream come true! I have been offered a job at Luverdense, only 3 days after starting my job hunt. It is a small squad but have a few sparks of quality. I cant believe there is no left or right midfielders, could go for a 4-2-2-2 or a 4-1-2-1-2 to take advantage of the lack of depth. However the base to a team is a good keeper and Ive got that which is good not very good finacially as the wage budget is low and no transfer budget may have go for youth.

After my first press conference I thought of my father when the papers remarked on how I would bring all out attack to Luverdense. My first foray into the transfer market was getting a decent RB and he is 4 1/2 stars, we have a good chance of winning the title if a DM signs for me also with a potential of 4 1/2 stars

I'm going to crack on with the new season and report back with some screenshots soon!
;)

How one of the best starts i have ever read if probably not the best mate please add somo picture and it becomes perfect and another question that might be stupid:

Is the story in the OP real?

Great start to the story. Cant wait to read more...

As said above, some screenies and it will be perfect

The First Few Games

I got thown straight into the league and with two new signings the team was ready, and our first match we played perfectly, passed well, and more importantly won 2-0. However I spoke to the team to say how well there were doing a couple of days after the match but no one was having it. So we went into the next match demotivated, and slumped to a terrible 5-1 defeat. Futher-more our next match was against the league leaders who hadn't conceded... yet.

Sorry about screenshots, does anyone know what folder they're in when I "insert picture"

Mid Season Update

Mid-Season Update

So, the seasons getting tense, we nearly got 2 wins in a row but were denied by a late free kick. However we're bottom of the table, but this doesent really mean much. (If anyone can help me insert screenshot much apprieciated)

Team
PL
W
D
L
P
Chapecoesce
Marrilia
Caxias
Brazil de Pelotas
Luverdense

Sorry about screenshots

To get screenshots.

Go to the screen you want to screenshot on your game. Hold ALT and press F9. This will take a screenshot of the screen your viewing and will save it on your computer at Documents/Sports interactive/Football Manager 2012/Screenshots. From their , to upload to the forum , click "Insert Image" up at the tool bar beside the Bold, Italics , Underline font etc. Then navigate to the folder i mentioned earlier.

Hope this helps.

Good finish man! I've never managed in Brazil , the leagues seem a bit weird , 5 teams and only 8 matches. Really short season , unless i'm missing something xD

To tell the truth i felt like crying a little after the OP

Season Report

Season Report

So, those 8 matches, only 1 month and a half in managing luverdense, I feel like I've done my father proud. I've learned that you have to be strong, and giving up sometimes feels like the best option. Its not fair, especially when you are 1-0 up in the 88th minute, and somehow lose 2-1. But I will never stop fighting for my father, so promotion into Division 2 is my aim, and build a quality squad. As I said there is sparks of talent, and unlike england, with a bit of luck I can be famous!

Thanks for all the comments, this is the first "start unemployed" game ive fully commited to. I will try to keep posting with breif match reports and other important info. No, I made up the OP and considered a few storys that would work, this one was the easiest. Thamks
:D

Pre Season Games

Pre Season Games

I have picked 3 matches altogether, 2 where we are heavy underdogs, and the last is a walkover to get ready for the season.

2-Luverdense vs Sport Recife-0

What a win! We showed how good we really are,
annoying my left AND right back are out for 1 month :'(

1-Luverdense vs Santos-1

Well playing against Neymar was a real honour and I said to the press about his real talent. We had an early penalty but my captain scuffed it, considering how good they are we stood up to them. They snatched a goal from a free kick, but we got a derseved goal from a header to make it 1 all at half time. When I started football management a few months ago I had no idea I would be doing this! After a positive team talk we went out for the 2nd half full of confidence. We controlled the match and showed that even without key players we are very good. I organised a party that night and team morale was at an all time high!
|)

5-Luverdense vs Operario-1

I expected a massive win here so the lads needed to know that a good could secure a regular spot with a decent peformance. Did a bit of rotation and let a few new signings get used to our play. We did what we needed to do... well!

We are now going into the Grosso State Championship and are expected to win, lets win something for my father!
(6)

Good finish man! I've never managed in Brazil , the leagues seem a bit weird , 5 teams and only 8 matches. Really short season , unless i'm missing something xD

Yeah theres loads of mini competitions though

=]

I've been playing Brazillian League for 3 seasons now and it's awesome!
The 3rd Division teams indeed have few games in a season but on 1st Division there's 38 games (20 teams) and my calendar is full all year long!

Nice story btw! :)

Best Regards!