A Spanish journey: Segunda federacion to La liga with Barakaldo CF

Dan1992NUFC

Reaction score
IMG_2761.png

Hey all,

Been a while since I’ve done a FM story but thought I’d give it a go on this new FM and stick out a RTG. Decided on this team for no reason at all other than they play in colours that normally don’t see in the Spanish leagues. The yellow and black stripes and they are newly promoted to this division so it’ll be a challenge.

I have turned off the first transfer window and I’m going with what I have. Let’s see what happens. I’ll keep this up to date as much as possible so do bare with me.

IMG_2762.jpeg

Cheers for following. I’ll add some more to this later tonight when I’m home with my squad and stuff and some first few results 🙂

Pre season:

here are our preseason results, 3 wins 2 defeats Not too bad of a start. We have 6 games in the first month of the season let’s see how we get going.

IMG_2765.jpeg

September 2023:

so here is our first 6 games of the season and it’s been a good month all in all. Unbeaten start and a notable memorable win over our affiliate club of athletico Bilbao B! Great win. A lot to build on with our star striker cortezon scoring a his first hat trick of the season.

IMG_2770.jpeg

IMG_2771.jpeg

IMG_2772.jpeg

IMG_2773.jpeg

IMG_2775.jpeg

IMG_2776.jpeg

with this great start to the season we currently sit 5th in the league just 4 points off the top spot.

Also something else to note, our first choice goalie got injured for up to 3 weeks with a tendon injury so it’s down to the young youth keeper just 20 year old to step up and do a job for us.

October:

So with two games left in this month I thought I’d leave it there for. So we did lose our first games of the season this month and we also set a record for our club with our highest ever win. The defeats were against teams who were expected to beat us and as you can see by the shots differences we were absolutely battered and dominated in those games. We have managed to get through the two cup games and into the quater final of the federacions cup. October so far as bene a mixed bag two games to set it right and climb back up that table after sliding down to 9th.

IMG_2775.jpeg

IMG_2779.jpeg

IMG_2780.jpeg

IMG_2783.jpeg

IMG_2784.jpeg

IMG_2785.jpeg

IMG_2787.jpeg

we made two free agents signs also one was needed in the form of a GK we signed adam Bodgan as our first choice keeper got injured we only had one left in the whole squad. We also signed a young 19 year old cdm called schade with a lot of potential and we needed him for depth and rotation

Attachments

• IMG_2785.jpeg
    IMG_2785.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2785.jpeg
    IMG_2785.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4