A Spanish Revolution - a Deportivo De La Coruna Story

November

Huesca v Deportivo

TFyD42A.png

Lopez got us off to a great start but we weren't able to keep the momentum going and sadly lost the game.

Elche v Deportivo

fomE0Sz.png

Lopez is back at it again with another Hat-trick and we're back with a big win to get us back on track

Deportivo v Osasuna

NJEeYZZ.png

We seem to be quite good these days at getting an early goal which usually helps get us off to a fast start and then on loan Torre got the all important 2nd goal.

Fuenlabrada v Deportivo

wOxNbek.png

This time we conceded an early goal and it really cost us here. Thankfully the sending off didn't hurt us as the game was already over

League

EKQ9U0j.png

We're still 2nd in the league and only a point behind but its still very close behind us

December

orn95Sm.png

These night short months are great as we also have the winter break to look forward to at the end of the month​

December

Deportivo v Almeria

0CKyZay.png

Lopez has certainly stepped up in this league to show what he can do as we get back to winning ways.

Las Palmas v Deportivo

XEElY57.png

Mor has been great down the right since he joined from our rivals and has added a lot to the team with his experience.

Cope del Rey 1st Round
Arandina v Deportivo

TH5cyfL.png

We expected a nice easy game here and we can very close to blowing it but thankfully we scored from the penalty spot to make it into the next round.

Deportivo v Mallorca

p9QgYR2.png

We sneak past Mallorca after their relegation last season for a very good win for us.

League

ch5LsDa.png

We finally take top spot in the league at the half way stage. Now we just need to stay there.

January

vO0lPG4.png

Our busiest month of the year as we try and juggle 6 games along with the transfer window.

January

Copa del Rey 2nd Round
Real Sporting v Deportivo

DjDO0WJ.png

What a game for the fans as we had to fight back twice to stay in the game before Mor rounded it off with a great solo goal.

Real Oviedo v Deportivo

hDpJCKY.png

A poor performance here as we just can't hold onto the game and sadly slip to a loss

Mirandes v Deportivo

msftPaO.png

We made hard work of it here but Lopez got on the end of a long ball to score a chip over the keeper

Copa del Rey 3rd Round
Deportivo v Levante

4Kw4dNt.png

Sadly the cup run comes to an end for us as we go out to the LaLiga team.

Real Zaragoza v Deportivo

IRcUY6Z.png

Lopez does just enough again to be able to get us the 3 points

Deportivo v Cultural Leonesa

O54qwfR.png

We finally put in a confident performance as Lein puts in a MOTM performance getting an excellent brace.

Deportivo v Albacete Balompie

oFIkaEM.png

A really disappointing game here as we go down to an own goal.

League

HiMymdj.png

We stay top of the league after a nice busy month

Transfers

Out

vA3ykaT.png

We had one big outgoing this month but Quiles had fallen down the pecking order this season so it made sense to cash in on him. The only other piece was that Barcelona recalled Comas from us

In

00DfmdA.png

We went a bit mental and signed 2 Centre Backs on a permanent deal and brought one more in on loan whose deal is expiring at the end of the season to try and win his signature to shore up our defence a bit as we seem to be conceding a few more goals these days

February

Fd8rTai.png

Back to just the 4 games again as we try and get back to winning ways​

Really like the signing of Bianda, did really well on a Lorient save of mine

Really like the signing of Bianda, did really well on a Lorient save of mine
Hopefully he works out. I’d originally signed him to a pre contract deal but with the fee being so low I thought I’d activate it now

February

Real Valladolid v Deportivo

glM3DeS.png

The first time we've suffered back to back defeats and this was poor as we should of done a lot better once they went down to 10 men

Cartagena v Deportivo

fpYvYSj.png

We need to be doing a lot better against the team 2nd bottom of the league as they were just the better team

Deportivo v Malaga

wB4OVus.png

A dull draw for the fans but at least it stops the run of 3 straight losses.

Alcorcon v Deportivo

fZkAkEW.png

Trilli saves our blushes here to stop us being handed yet another loss this month

League

DNn0h86.png

The worst month of my tenure at the club so far as we've dropped right off the pace and sit 8 points from top now

March

s3BdIxg.png

Its important that we stop the rot this month and get back winning as we're now 6 games since our last win​

March

Deportivo v Girona

2dgXNmV.png

We finally get back to winning ways with a very strong win over Girona thanks to Reinier

Ibiza v Deportivo

jrNw3xq.png

When Lopez scores he scores and he leads us to another huge confidence building win/

Deportivo v Real Sporting

jrNw3xq.png

Going behind so early I thought we were in trouble but we fought back quickly to make sure we stayed in the game before netting the winning with 15 minutes to go.

Lugo v Deportivo

1D4xOKz.png

Lugo made it very difficult for us again as they went in at half time 3-1 up. A goal just after half time made the difference as it got our confidence back and we were off as we fight right back to get the 3 points.

League

PjsOUki.png

We stay in 3rd spot but after a good month we've closed the gap to 2nd

Youth

y6gkqeh.png

We have a decent youth intake with one player being the stand out player being Marcel Tchamba who looks like he could develop into a decent LB for us.

w8r0NTg.png

April

wAMS5Bp.png

We need another strong month here to be able to stay in the promotion hunt.​

April

Barcelona B v Deportivo

lfxh6Cl.png

A great goal from Mor just after half time got us on our way but the decent thing about conceding is that next season Jutgla will be playing for us as we have agreed a precontract deal with him.

Deportivo v Huesca

vPfOhq8.png

We got very lucky here and did not deserve the draw but we got lucky and Mingo was able to head home from a well worked set piece.

Deportivo v Elche

Mi6XMJL.png

A great first half performance from our midfielders was enough to get the 3 points and get us back to winning ways,

Osasuna v Deportivo

gz6SxI6.png

Another early goal conceded but again we get it back to all square within 10 minutes before Lopez was able to round off the win with his 2nd goal

Deportivo v Fuenlabrada

ftDHeco.png

What an end to the game as we had to through the kitchen sink at them to get the win and continue our charge for the title.

League

7aJVOaX.png

We're up into the automatic promotion spots and only 2 points off top now. Can we make a late run for the title

May

EjYhat2.png

The final run in for the season with 5 games to go and secure promotion​

May

Almeria v Deportivo

jqE8j9x.png

Not the start to the month that we wanted as we were really poor in the first half and it really cost us here.

Deportivo v Las Palmas

KXusLMi.png

A much better performance here as our two strikers linked up really well and both were involved in all the goals scored.

Mallorca v Deportivo

jYJTBC4.png

We should of really done better in this game as we had a lot of missed chances here and we just couldn't take them

Deportivo v Real Oviedo

TlamwEa.png

Well we seem to have blown our chances well and truly for automatic promotion with this loss as a qucik fire double really unsettled us

Deportivo v Mirandes

4DbAPkO.png

We finish with a win and hopefully that will keep the confidence high for us.

League

uL73rBw.png

Well we blew automatic promotion this month so we're going to have to do it the hard way it seems.

Playoffs Semi Final

tczwJDU.png

Well we are now going to have to navigate past Real Oviedo to make it to the playoff final and they hammered us just a couple of games ago.​

Playoff Semi Finals

Real Oviedo v Deportivo

KadH53Z.png

Our on loan midfielder Torre really steps up here and scores a screamer from 25 yards out to give us the advantage

Deportivo v Real Oviedo

lUv3aP7.png

Its another on loan player who gets the goal for us to take us into the play off final

Final

JvnWivx.png

we're only 2 games away from promotion as we now face the team who finished 5th and managed to beat Almeria 5-4 over the two legs.​

The Playoff Final

Real Zaragoza v Deportivo

xS4Qz4w.png

Really not the opening 25 minutes that we wanted here as we just couldn't perform to our usual standards here.

Deportivo v Real Zaragoza

A2tSdnS.png

A much better first half performance here put us in pole position going in at half time but sadly with 25 minutes to go our performance dropped and it was just too much for us as we lose out 4-3 on aggregate

Plan for Next Season

Well we'll be spending another season in LaLiga Smartbank and we will be looking to regroup over the summer and try and bring in a few new faces to try and get promoted automatically next season or worst case go up via the playoffs. We have already agreed a couple of precontract deals along with renewing the loan deals of Vazquez, Lein, Reinier and Torre for another season as they all turned out to be key for us and I fully believe they will be key for us again next season as well

Very unlucky not to go up there, but still a good season! On the bright side with a couple of extra signings, will probably have a squad that will not only go up, but be more than capable of staying up.

Very unlucky not to go up there, but still a good season! On the bright side with a couple of extra signings, will probably have a squad that will not only go up, but be more than capable of staying up.
Cheers, I genuinely think it will be better in the long run that we didn't go up so hopefully we can build on the team and stay up when we do go up

Brutal form at the end there but hopefully this season is a confidence booster.
Yeah our legs just couldn’t handle it or we were serious bottle merchants. Guess its the joy of having a young squad

Season 3

Transfers Out

YzCoSYC.png

We rake in a nice bit of cash from players we signed last season to clear them off the wage bill as well as them wanting to leave. The big transfer that rocked the club though was Trilli leaving to join Wolfsberger AC but that was sadly taken out of my hands though as the board decided the offer was to good to knock back so accepted on my behalf. He was a top player who was home grown so he will be missed.

Transfers In

ZfdV7aU.png

We've gone and signed 8 players to try and get promoted this season. After all the money we brought in we only signed 2 players with a fee. Victor Gomez joins to replace Trilli and brings a wee bit more experience in even though he's only 23. Malick Thiaw is the other player for a fee and again while young has plenty of experience playing for Schalke over the last 2 seasons.

We also looked at the loan market to bring in a couple of players who can play across both wings for some added depth to both wings and Rober will probably start down the right.

Castillo as 30 is the most experienced player at the club but I really wanted somebody who is happy to play 2nd fiddle to Lopez but still good enough to step up and he ticked those boxes. Palaversa comes in to bolster the numbers in the middle of the park and if he doesn't cut it we'll at least make a profit off of him.

Friendlies

rBbogtQ.png

We took a bit more care this season when arranging the friendlies and we did extremely well with the worst result being a draw against Villarreal which is as good as a win in my books.

Expectations

gaIHpb9.png

Nothing too much to worry about here as with this squad the playoffs will be a minimum and the cup will be the luck of the draw as usual.

August

QobR7mT.png

Just the 3 games this month to get us off to a nice and easy start

Great save. Very unique.
It would be great if you could check out my FM 2021 save I am writing. It is called The journey of a lifetime.

August

Squad

Going into the season ahead I am really happy with our squad and feel we should be challenging for top spot and not even thinking about the playoffs. We will still be looking to add the right player over the course of the season

GgQLtM3.png

Real Sociedad B v Deportivo

DcC98ze.png

A perfect start to the season and great to see Rober and Gomez getting debut goals for the club.

Deportivo v Real Oviedo

uPNsAEn.png

Another 3-0 win as another 2 new boys get on the score sheet to show they are going to have a big impact this season

Zamora CF v Deportivo

BZK7CrO.png

Berrocal is showing we were right to sign him on a permanent deal after last season with 3 goals in 3 games now

League

y8huop5.png

A perfect start for us its just a shame we conceded a goal

September

5RZg8Y2.png

4 straight forward games for us it seems​

September

Deportivo v Mallorca

3UEOhEK.png

Its looking like its going to be another very good season for Lopez in front of goal as he makes it 4 from 4. I'm so glad I promoted him in our first season.

Eibar v Deportivo

JrYgd3A.png

This win really lets us see where we are as a team as Eibar were only relegated last season and seem to have managed to hold onto the majority of that team and only added to it so to beat them away from home so comfortably is great for us.

Deportivo v Las Palmas

bfkNwAx.png

Scoring goals is not going to be an issue for us this season and our defence is not making it easy for teams either as we keep another clean sheet.

Cultural Leonesa v Deportivo

Qo42Upt.png

I spoke too soon as we drop our first points of the season here but to be fair we knew it was coming and the disappointing part from this match was we've lost Lopez for a couple of weeks thanks to a thigh injury.

League

nhUu0r7.png

We've got a 3 point gap at the top of the table but its still very early days

October

BzyjlvY.png

Another nice mix of games against teams that we beat last season​

Just caught up! Unlucky in that playoff final bud...this is your year though I feel :)