A Story To Remember; My Reading Story

JoshSheppard

Reaction score
Breaking News
Brian Mcdermott has had his contract terminated, after an argument with the chairman, the fans are shocked! John Madejski has told the fan base he's sorry but they have to come to terms with this, and he'll be bringing in a new face soon.

The phone goes off and it's my agent, " I've got some great news Mr Sheppard, I've had a phone call from Reading FC and they would like to call you in for an interview tomorrow morning' absolutely shocked I put the phone down, and thought about this for a moment, I have never been in a management job before, apart from my son's Sunday league team, but I'm very up for the challenge.

Sun newspaper the next day reveals that Josh Sheppard has been hired as new manager of Reading Football Club and will begin right away, this unknown manager's first dip into management has come of a real test as the chairman has asked for play off's at the very least.

My first press conference came at a bad time, as my brother fatally died in a car crash. My weeks gone from good to bad in the space of a few days. The whole family felt crushed, but I thought to myself, if I don't take the opportunity now, it may never happen again. I left my family and went to the training ground, where I was met by the media, I was distraught, couldn't stop thinking about my brother. After just two questions from the media, I stormed out, I couldn't take it any more, I met up with the chairman immediately, he asked what was wrong. I burst into tears and told him everything, he said he'll help me and my family out.

I had a meeting with all my back room staff and they gave me a few idea's, I was given 6 million to spend by the chairman and I had already had my eyes on a few players. First I thought I'd take a look at my current squad in a friendly fixture against my reserves, where we won 3-0, I was impressed by a few, but there were a few players that would be departing this window, and straight away I placed Simon Church on the transfer list, before I knew it he'd gone to Coventry for 1.8 million.

Give your story a little more depth & look about it. Try posting up afew pics & Screenshots from your Save with it too, that always helps ;).