Reaction score
Hello, currently Arsenal in January of my second season.

I have Giroud and Diego Costa as striker and while both are good neither score more than 1 goal a game every second game and seem to miss more chances then they score.
This is causing me to draw games or lose to top teams by the odd goal and is annoying me.

I have Werner in my squad but out on loan due to current ability and age.
Does anybody know any striker who will bang them in regularly and put chances away.
Budget - is prob 30-50 mill depending on sales.

Luis Suarez from Liverpool and i know hes an old striker but i had him in my Liverpool team and he was scoring well was drogba

Target Man tend to score more often, I've noticed. Mitrovic or Martinez, check how they've performed before, though

Cheers.
I know there is the obvious ones like Lewandowski, Falcao etc. I thought Diego Costa was the answer ha.

Mitrovic is excellent, and can generally make it into any team. Two other players less talked about are Giovanni Simeone and Ezekiel Rescaldani. Both good as TM, and both bang in goals.

Someone I rate on the same level as Mitrovic, sometimes better, is Facundo Ferreyra. And excellent player, constantly gets in 1:1.

Btw be careful with Werner's development, I used him in first team during his first year, now he simply can't stop scoring in second year already. 11 goals in 12 games so far, I'm playing as Leverkusen and I play him as Left winger, not striker.

Facunda Ferrayra and Mitrovic are players I have looked into, I went for Current ability over their potential so I could improve straight away. I might sell Giroud and Costa and get these two or one of these instead.

Werner scores off the bench most games but from the start is not very effective so far

You should be able to get both with that budget. However, you might want to sell Costa and Giroud. I tend to follow a policy wherein if a player is not getting as many matches as he deserves to get, I'll sell him. Serves 2 benefits -
1. I get the funds.
2. The player atleast gets more matches and playing time. I hate to see players rot away as reserves.

But yeah, Both are excellent. I have Lukaku and Mitrovic in my Soton team, and Ferreyra is the only irritant to my otherwise dominant position in the goalscoring charts (he picked Chelsea over me this time T_T)

But ensure your tactics are good enough so that the striker gets the ball. If you're using a TM, ideally, your wingers should be feeding crosses to him. He should see enough of the ball to get goals, because strikers invariably will miss many chances.

Last edited:
Drogba had a poor first season for myself.. onto the 2nd season he seems to be banging in the goals. Also he is relatively cheap, he does take alot of wages right enough.

Cisse from Newcastle is a good striker in the game, not sure if he would suit the Target Man role though!

You should be able to get both with that budget. However, you might want to sell Costa and Giroud. I tend to follow a policy wherein if a player is not getting as many matches as he deserves to get, I'll sell him. Serves 2 benefits -
1. I get the funds.
2. The player atleast gets more matches and playing time. I hate to see players rot away as reserves.

But yeah, Both are excellent. I have Lukaku and Mitrovic in my Soton team, and Ferreyra is the only irritant to my otherwise dominant position in the goalscoring charts (he picked Chelsea over me this time T_T)

But ensure your tactics are good enough so that the striker gets the ball. If you're using a TM, ideally, your wingers should be feeding crosses to him. He should see enough of the ball to get goals, because strikers invariably will miss many chances.

Thank you, I might sell Giroud and Costa and bring in Ferrayra and Mitrovic. Both have not been both yet and are available for no more than 20 each. Werner is there but I think a loan move for him is best, can't promise the regular games he will need

I have decided to sell Giroud, Costa, Cazorla, Vermaelen and Arteta.

Strike force is now Mitrovic, Ferreyra and Werner.
I have Koke and Meyer as Arteta and Cazorla's replacements and Balanta as Vermaelens

I have decided to sell Giroud, Costa, Cazorla, Vermaelen and Arteta.

Strike force is now Mitrovic, Ferreyra and Werner.
I have Koke and Meyer as Arteta and Cazorla's replacements and Balanta as Vermaelens

You've done well with that, may take a while to bleed Mitrovic and Werner in as they're young.

You've done well with that, may take a while to bleed Mitrovic and Werner in as they're young.

I have Werner a season and a half now and he has got a good bit of game time in that time.
I wanted to keep the Arsenal team as is with a few additions, I have mainly the same young players and have really only got rid of the players who are getting on a bit and on high wages so lets hope it works out.