marcMCFC1986

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Marc and new to the forum.

Just thought I'd share my FM13 story so far, and see what you guys make of it.

For starters, I am an avid Man City :wub: fan, and so obviously I started a game with them. I won every trophy 2-3 times over 8-|, got bored and moved to Valencia. I won La Liga in my second season there. I had been on the same number of points as Real Madrid for the final 12 games, then I played (and beat) them away on the final game of the season. I then moved to Bayern Munich but struggled to get the players I brought with me from Valencia to gel with the players already at Bayern, and ended up getting sacked around Christmas with Bayern lying 4th in the table, but only 4-5 points off the top. I then got the job at Arsenal with an average squad who had finished mid-table the season before...but I had a huge transfer budget, and again won the Premier League in my second season. I signed a regen Swedish attacking midfielder for £2.5mill, and was valued at £18million by the end of the time there...one of my favourite ever signings. I was determined to win the league in every country, so was about to find myself a job in France (with intention to go back and conquer Germany, and then Italy). Then...my laptop stopped working! Sent it off to Asus for repair, and they sent it back with the hard drive wiped and my game gone...gutted! :'(

So, started again...this time with Rochdale! Won back-to-back promotions (both times through the play-offs), but only had a 40k transfer budget in the Championship, so didn't stand a chance and had a miserable season, finishing 17 points from safety & rock bottom with 22 points! Now may be a good time to mention that Luca Scapuzzi, from Man City's academy, is an excellent signing for League One & Championship clubs. Also, Bobby Grant & Rhys Bennett would be great signings for League One clubs, and decent for Championship too!

At the end of the season my contract ended and I decided to reject the offer of a new 3-year contract, as I felt I had earned the right to manage at a better club, and also did not want to drop back down to League One. I began applying for jobs at any club in Championship or above! I was rejected by (in no particular order):

Norwich, Swansea, QPR, Wolves, Cardiff, Birmingham, Reading (who had actually just been relegated to League 1, but felt I could bring them straight back), Watford, Real Betis, Getafe, Augsburg, Lille, Nigeria, Ghana & Norway.

I was just beginning to accept the fact that maybe my reputation was not as high as it perhaps would be in real life, and was about to start applying for League One jobs, when out of nowhere (I didn't even apply for this one)...Udinese made me a job offer :O. They had finished 17th the season before, so just about clung onto their top flight status.

I had never had a transfer budget higher than £40k when at Rochdale, and Udinese came along with £25,000p/w contract (I renegotiated to £3,000p/w so I have more budget for players) and £4.6million transfer kitty! No idea what happened, as Udinese are surely a bigger club than all the above (apart from maybe Getafe?). Still, I wasn't going to complain and took the job...

They had a massive wage bill, which I trimmed by selling any players aged 31+ and any players on over £25,000p/w. I then brought in a load of free transfers and loans (John Guidetti being the highlight - I told you I loved City) and a left winger from Rochdale for £250k whose coach report says he will be 'a leading Serie A winger'. I played 5 pre season friendlies and lost 4 of them, and was beginning to think that maybe this wasn't going to be so much fun, but then we smashed our last friendly match 9-0. My first competitive match was the Italian Cup 3rd Round Qualifier, against Lecce...which I won 7-1. The first game of the season came around and was, as luck would have it, at home to current champions, Juventus.

I expected the worst, and the worst came around pretty quickly and was 2-0 down inside 15 minutes. I went defensive for the rest of the half, and managed to keep it to 2-0. I gave the lads a bollocking at half-time, took off a midfielder for another striker, went to Overload...and pulled it back to 2-2 in the 79th minute, and were unlucky not to win |).

And that brings you nicely up to date with where I am up to! And also explains why I regret agreeing to do this late shift at work...won't be home until 9pm, and desperate to play on!

Anyway, just wondering what you guys think of my story so far, and I'm happy to discuss if you want anymore details!

Also, has anybody else had such a random job offer, especially one from a club much bigger than the one you were at? And how did it turn out?

Good stuff mate.I wish I was able to do this but my laptop is useless and can't load much more than 2 country's.I've never really changed teams much during sacs but mite start out at a low level team now but going in for other jobs.a proper career.

I would follow this mate, would love to do a journey man manager save but think i would get bored lol, i have been at my hebburn town save for about 8 - 9 years and only had 1 job offer off notts county. Maybe because i havnt won anything big and only started with a reputation of a sunday league footballer

It's great doing a journeyman career. Especially when you discover a regen gem, and take him everywhere with you!

On last seasons game I had a French striker called German Corrigan who I bought for £1.5mill when he was 14 when I was Man City. Ended up being world-class and my best striker. I went to Barcelona and managed to bag him for £10million. Then I came back to City 2 years later and he cost me £50mill but bagged 73 goals in all competitions. Then when he was 32 I moved to AC Milan and took him there with me for about £2.5mill.

I'm hoping this Left Winger I brought from Rochdale to Udinese is a similar player who I can keep hold of no matter where I go!

It's weird how you get attached to not only a computer game player, but imaginary computer game players!

A few years ago I did a game with Sheff Utd, and loaned Darron Gibson from Man Utd and he was awesome for me. Obviously, being a City fan, I hate ManUre and everything and everyone related to them...but had a soft spot for Darron Gibson after that! Even when he scored against us last season for Everton I was like "Ahhh well, he's a good lad!" lol

It's great doing a journeyman career. Especially when you discover a regen gem, and take him everywhere with you!

On last seasons game I had a French striker called German Corrigan who I bought for £1.5mill when he was 14 when I was Man City. Ended up being world-class and my best striker. I went to Barcelona and managed to bag him for £10million. Then I came back to City 2 years later and he cost me £50mill but bagged 73 goals in all competitions. Then when he was 32 I moved to AC Milan and took him there with me for about £2.5mill.

I'm hoping this Left Winger I brought from Rochdale to Udinese is a similar player who I can keep hold of no matter where I go!

It's weird how you get attached to not only a computer game player, but imaginary computer game players!

A few years ago I did a game with Sheff Utd, and loaned Darron Gibson from Man Utd and he was awesome for me. Obviously, being a City fan, I hate ManUre and everything and everyone related to them...but had a soft spot for Darron Gibson after that! Even when he scored against us last season for Everton I was like "Ahhh well, he's a good lad!" lol

Lol I know what you mean mate I am doing a st Neots save started in BSN currently 3rd in the prem but there's a player I have had since he was 16 in BSP his scout CA is only 2 and a half stars but he's only ever been at st Neots and want to keep him, he still manages 20/30 games a season and is still a consistent performer like he has been throughout his time with me!

Well, a slow and scrappy start to the season saw me draw my opening three game, and lose the following two! I wasn't feeling too great about the season ahead, but now I have hit a nice bit of form and have won 4 of my last 5 games.

The only game I didn't win was at home to AC Milan in which I drew 0-0 and had THREE goals disallowed for offside, all by the same player! Robinho went through 1-on-1 with my goalkeeper in the 80th minute and was sure AC were going to ****** it, but luckily he put it wide!

Off to the gym now but will do another update later tonight!!

Nice story! I started with Gateshead and got them to the PL. Season 2018 and we're on top of the table, 3rd place! City is first and ManU 2nd haha.

Shouldn't this be in the FM 2013 Manager Stories section?

This is turning into such a strange season...literally going from not being able to lose, and now I can't get a win for the life of me!

Think I'm going to have to have a team meeting and try raise moral...

Fixtures & Results attached!

So, in a marathon FM session yesterday (circuit training in the morning took it out of me) I finished my first season with Udinese, finishing 8th, but 14 points off 7th! Napoli won the league and Edinson Cavani scored 38 goals just in Serie A, 50+ in all comps!

I thought I'd have a look at available jobs, and saw the Everton job available as Malky Mackay had been sacked after finishing 15th! I thought I'd apply for it just to see if my reputation warrants me managing in the premier league yet! They instantly came back to me with a job offer...and something which surprised me!

I must have only been glancing over my news items (like I'm sure many of us do) and I missed that Everton had been bought out by some rich, Canadian, Sugar Daddy...and I have a £50million transfer budget, and it is written into my contract that I must sign high profile players!

This all happened at 1am, so not actually done anything yet! Just accepted the job, did the press conference then saved the game!

Will upload screenshots and my transfers later tonight or tomorrow!!

Aye keep us updated mate, interesting to see who you bring in to Everton

i started with rochdale a couple of days ago to aim to finally take them up to EPL. but only got to 3 games into season then had to travel and work so will be continuing on from Firday all weekend. wish me luck im going to need it.