A system on how to play this game less?

krujap777

Reaction score
I've been playing this game too much. So much to the point that I've uninstalled it right now so I can focus on other things and get stuff done.

The problem is I can't play for 30-60 minutes and then shift gears. Anytime I've thought "i'll play one game" or "I'll finish this transfer window" I end up letting 3 hours go.. and these are the times I'm trying NOT to play.

So has anyone put into place any systems or pillars of discipline to prevent this? Would the Classic Mode be a better fit?

I don't think I can install this game again until a balance is achieved.

Thanks!

From the sounds of it, you've an addictive personality. Setting alarms on your phone to go off in 30 minute intervals might help. Classic mode might be right up your ally since it's not as much of a time sink.

But if these don't work, Possible solutions include:

Join the army.
Take up a heroin addiction.
Get a tec-savy wife who'll password protect the HHDs.
Develop a chewing gum addiction.
Throw your laptop/desktop out the window (great for stress).

All sound advice. I'll have a think on it, the game is uninstalled so I am safe for now.

From the sounds of it, you've an addictive personality. Setting alarms on your phone to go off in 30 minute intervals might help. Classic mode might be right up your ally since it's not as much of a time sink.

But if these don't work, Possible solutions include:

Join the army.
Take up a heroin addiction.
Get a tec-savy wife who'll password protect the HHDs.
Develop a chewing gum addiction.
Throw your laptop/desktop out the window (great for stress).

I followed your advice but now I'm hooked on heroin and sold my copy of football manager for skag money. Any advice on how to get off the drugs?

If you need to stay off it for a while due to being busy at work or something, get a trusted friend to change your Steam password until you have time to waste ;)

I followed your advice but now I'm hooked on heroin and sold my copy of football manager for skag money. Any advice on how to get off the drugs?

Have you tried Football Manager?

It's honestly the nature of the game. You can't help but be hooked to it.
The only way to avoid the temptation is to uninstall it.

Find another hobby and keep away from the game for a while, out of sight - out of mind. I usually go through phases where Im addicted for months then I'll leave it for a while and come back months later