lewisdevlin97

Reaction score
banner-new.jpg

BBC News can tonight report that Lewis & James Devlin have ended their spectacular 23 year playing career with Manchester United. The pair had been at the club since they were the age of 13.

Today the brothers, now 36, released a statement, which read:

"We have had an amazing career with Manchester United, however, we feel that it is time to hang up our playing boots. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the staff at the club, and we would like to say a special thank you to the wonderful fans of this spectacular club, without you we would be nothing, we are eternally grateful for the support you've shown us over the years, we hold a special place in our hearts for you and this great club. Thank you very much."

View attachment 861334
The Devlin's made over 900 combined appearances for Manchester United, scoring a combined 378 Goals. Their club honours include; 15 Barclays Premier League titles, 2 UEFA Champions Leagues, 12 FA Cups, 14 League Cups & 2 FIFA Club World Cups.

With the departure of the Devlins, Manchester United will be on the hunt for a couple of new Central Midfielders, early speculation suggests that Louis Van Gaal is ready to snap up the Juventus pairing of Arturo Vidal & Paul Pogba, a former United player.

When asked, "And what's the next steps for you both?" The Brothers replied, "Management." with jobs available, such as, Schalke, Ajax, Watford & the brothers favored team,Scottish Second Division side, Queen's Park, who knows where the brothers will end up next season, one thing is clear however, for the first time in 23 years,they will not be working at the same club.

Last edited:
592884d1401194390-become-best-sky-sports-banner.png

AJAX & SCHALKE HIRE DEVLIN DUO

The rumors have been confirmed, and Sky Sports News can now reveal that former Manchester United player, James Devlin has taken charge of Ajax. It is believed that Devlin has penned a one year deal with the club and his salary is thought to be around £17,000 a week.
His brother, Lewis, has been appointed manager of Bundesliga side Schalke 04, he has also penned a one year deal lasting until June 2014, worth a staggering £36,000 a week.
The brothers' objectives at their new club will be similar, primarily focusing on their domestic leagues, however both teams have qualified for the UEFA Champions League and both managers will relish the opportunity to lead their sides into Europe, and who knows, the sides may even meet in the
competition, taking sibling rivalry to a whole new level.

View attachment 263968View attachment 263960

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:-

Squad:
Schalke have a decent squad, a few good players, however the most exciting prospect is 17 year old
Maximilian Meyer. According to Peter Hermann, my assistant manager, Max has 5 star potential that could lead him to be a world class attacking midfielder in the future, but i already knew that, Max is a player i always try to sign in every save i play, it will be hard to keep a hold of him in a few seasons time.
View attachment 263864View attachment 263865
Finances:
Schalke's finances seem to be alright, with a bank balance just shy of £47 million. However, there is a slight problem with the transfer budget as we have only been given £3.04 million to spend, with a£1.18 million wage budget. Over the course of the season the finances should expand due to TV rights & the teams participation in the UEFA Champions League & various other domestic competitions.
View attachment 263867
Expectations: Schalke's season expectations consist of the team challenging for the Bundesliga Title
View attachment 263868

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:-

Squad:
Ajax have a squad oozing with potential, the oldest player currently in the squad is only 28 years old. The most exciting prospect within the squad, however is 20 year old Central Defender, Stefano Denswil, according to my assistant manager, Hennie Spijkerman, Stefano has the potential to be one of the best players at the club. I, myself have never heard of Stefano Denswil, so this should be interesting to play with him and see for myself just how good he actually is/can be.
View attachment 263858View attachment 263857
Finances: Ajax's finances are 'secure' with a bank balance of just under £29 million. The chairman has given me £12.67 million to spend on transfers and a £251k wage budget, very generous and unexpected if you ask me!
View attachment 263856
Expectations: Ajax season expectations are to win the Eredivisie Title.
View attachment 263855

First playing update will be out on Saturday 30th May 2015 @ approx. 9:00pm GMT

Pre-Season

Transfers:
We spent a total of £488,000 on transfers into the club and made a total of £0 from transfers of players out of the club, this is due to the fact every player that has left so far is out on loan.
View attachment 263194
Fixtures: Pre-Season started badly to be honest, losing to the reserves was unacceptable and unfortunately our poor form continued into the game against Metalist, causing us to lose 2-0 at home. Our losing streak came to an end when we played EFC Frejus Saint-Raphael, we won 3-2 with Anwar El-Ghazi getting himself on the score sheet and Richaro Zivkovic grabbing a brace in the second half. Our next outing saw us take on RC Strasbourg Alsace, and for us this was a very good game, we won 4-0, goals coming from 4 different players which is encouraging, showing that there's more than one player capable of scoring goals. The next game saw us travel to Capetown in South Africa to take on Ajax CT, our feeder team, this was an action packed game, settled as a 2-2 draw, even though the game was entertaining i felt we didn't perform well enough, not one player achieved a rating over 7.10 and this was disappointing. Our last pre-season friendly saw us take on Estoril in a game we won 1-0 with Kolbeinn Sigborsson getting his name on the score sheet and taking his goal ratio to 2 goals in 3 games. Before the Eredivisie kicked off we played AZ Alkmaar in the Dutch Super Cup, and we won comfortably 2-0, goals coming from Arkadiusz Milik and our promising youngster, Stefano Denswil. Overall pre-season was a success and it's good to top it all of with the first piece of silverware.
View attachment 263193
Eridivisie: Our regular season starts with a visit to PSV Eindhoven on August 4th. After that game the next exciting prospect is the UEFA Champions League Group Stage Draw, which takes place on August 29th.

Transfers: We spent a total of £4.39 million and we've got a few decent new players and one mega signing to tell you about! The biggest fee we paid was £3.8 million for 20 year old Goalkeeper, Timo Horn. We also got a steal as we paid £11,250 for Norwegian wonder kid, Martin Odegaard. Initially i thought i'd try to get Real Madrid to loan him out to us, but it turns out that the transfer update i'm playing with didn't update so that Odegaard joined Real, RESULT! In terms of players that left the club, there's two big name departures to tell you about, we lost Jefferson Farfan to PSG for £12.75 million, as they paid his release clause. We also lost Benedikt Howedes to Juventus for £10 million. We made a total of £28.29 million from players leaving the club, we still have £15.99 million to spend on a replacement for Howedes, any suggestions? please leave them in the comments below ;)
View attachment 263188
Fixtures: Pre-season went very well for Schalke to be honest, it started a little shaky however, with a 1-1 draw with the reserves, our goal wasn't even scored by our own player, Olivier Caillas scored an own goal in the 39th minute to draw us level, after that the game was fairly boring, nothing to talk about. The next adventure saw us take on OB in a game where we dominated and ripped them apart with a 5-0 win, goals coming from Max Meyer(2), Julian Draxler(2) & Klaas Jan Huntelaar. AC Horsens were our next opponents in a game which we won 1-0, Farfan getting the only goal of the game. Our next game saw us travel to Denmark to take on Viborg FF, we won the game 2-0 with Martin Odegaard picking up his first Schalke goal. Herne were the next team to fall against us, we won the game 3-0 with Huntelaar grabbing a brace. the next game saw Sidney Sam get a brace in a 2-0 victory over Wattenscheid. Now is where our unbeaten record sadly comes to an end, with a 1-0 loss to Zenit. We did however bounce back with a 1-0 win over Juventus, and a 3-1 win over PSG, again Huntelaar with another brace and Julian Draxler getting his name on the score sheet with a spectacular 82nd minute solo effort that was similar to Ryan Giggs' effort against Arsenal in the 1994 FA Cup. Our pre-season tour ended with a boring 0-0 draw against Belgian side, Westerlo, nothing interesting about that game to be brutally honest.
Our first 'competitive' game of the season, sees us take on Pfeddersheim in the first round of the German Cup.
View attachment 263178
Bundesliga: Our Bundesliga campaign kicks off with a visit to Bayer Leverkusen and following that game will be the draw for the UEFA Champions League Group Stage, i'm looking forward to taking the team into Europe, it will be interesting to see how far we can get and how we cope against the 'big' European teams, with results against PSG & Juve, i have to say i'm confident.

Group B:

Chelsea
Roma
Ajax
FK Austria Wien

Group G:

Atletico Madrid
Schalke 04
SC Napoli
Dinamo

Tough groups, no doubt about it, to be perfectly honest, i can't see us topping any of the groups, it looks like we'll be fighting it out for second place, i'm looking for a decent run in the Champions League to milk the money as much as possible, so if we get to the knockout round i'll be happy.