AndrewLFC1

Reaction score
Andrew Brewer Appointed New Spurs Boss

I arrive in North London after Andre Villas-Boas resigned because of a falling out with Daniel Levy. Surprisingly, most of the Spurs fans were very welcoming although I am an unknown manager. As I entered the training ground, it hit me that this is a young club with huge expectations.

"Why are they giving me the responsibility to achieve a top 4 spot?" I thought to myself.

I must really be the special one.

Pre - Season

In pre - season the first thing I did was tweak the formation and tactics. I went for a 4-2-3-1 with two wingers and an advanced playmaker in the hole behind the striker mainly to get the best out of the new boy Lewis Holtby.

I then dived into the transfer market and bought a young Brazilian winger called Douglas Costa from Ukraine giants Shakhtar Donetsk. He cost me a fair bit (£13,000,000) but I think he will be worth it as I believe he will turn into a world class player.
View attachment 325538
Pre - Season Results

Lierse 1-2 Spurs
Hazurov (90+1) - Bale (13) Adebayor (70)

Spurs 1-3 Real Madrid
Dembele (2) - Ronaldo (8, 66) Essien (29)

Leyton Orient 0-1 Spurs
Dempsey (83)

San Jose 0-4 Spurs
Dempsey (7, 34) Holtby (17) Vertonghen (82)

Pre - Season Comments

It was a satisfactory pre-season although we did hit form in the last game. I am happy that we managed to score in every game as well.

Player Of Pre - Season
Clint Dempsey - scoring 3 goals in 4 games is exceptional knowing that I played him left wing.
View attachment 325559

The In's and Out's

I was fairly busy in my very first transfer window and I have brought in four players for a total of roughly £31,000,000. I have also sold one player and loaned out four.

In

Douglas Costa - £13,000,000 - A technically gifted winger that will only get better but at the moment will be a backup for Lennon
Jonathan Bond - £600,000 - I sent him straight out on loan so he can get some match time. Another player for the future
Youssouf Mulumbu - £13,750,000 - A hefty sum of money but I think he will be worth it eventually as he is a great ball winning midfielder and is only 25!
Christian Clemens - £3,600,000 - A right winger who can play anywhere in midfield. He also is part of my future plans.

Out

Thomas Carroll - Loan
Jake Livermore - £4,500,000
Jonathan Bond - Loan Fee £10k p/m
Harry Kane - Loan
Cristian Ceballos - Loan

Comments

I am currently happy with the players I have at my disposal now and I am delighted that Carroll and Kane are going to get some game time as they are most probably going to be part of my plans in the future. The only slight worry is if Mulumbu will prove to me that he will be worth the money I splashed out on him or not.

View attachment 325573

August

Reading 1-1 Spurs
Pogrebnyak (77) - Vertonghen (90)

Spurs 3-0 Stoke
Defoe (18) Bale (26) Huth o.g. (78)

Comments

An OK first month in charge but unhappy to draw to Reading even though we conceded late on. A 3-0 win at White Hart Lane against the Potters soon made up for it!

Player of the Month

Benoit Assou - Ekotto - Had two solid games this month including a MOTM performance against Stoke.
View attachment 325577

Meet The Team

Here is my strongest line-up in the tactic I created.
View attachment 325578

Meet The Team - Detailed Version

1 Hugo Lloris - An amazing goalkeeper and definately my first choice.

2 Clint Dempsey - A handy player as he can play in many posistions but will probably be my backup left winger.

4 Younes Kaboul - A great defender and I'm hoping he can make a solid partnership with Jan Vertonghen.

5 Jan Vertonghen - A talented player in the air and with the ball at his feet.

6 Tom Huddlestone - A decent centre midfielder but will rarely get games ahead of Sandro, Mulumbu and Dembele.

7 Aaron Lennon - A speedy winger who will hopefully pitch in with a few goals.

8 Scott Parker - On the transfer list at the moment because of the recent arrival of Mulumbu.

9 Emmanuel Adebayor - A big, strong lad who will rotate up top with Jermain.

10 Lewis Holtby - A wonderful player who, with the ball at his feet, one of the most exciting players to watch in the Premier League.

11 Gareth Bale - My best player, easily.

13 William Gallas - Getting on a bit but still is a good defender.

15 David Bentley - Also on the transfer list following the arrival of Douglas Costa.

16 Kyle Naughton - A young player who will be a decent backup for Kyle Walker.

17 Douglas Costa - A pacey winger with lots of confidence. Will be my second choice right winger this season.

18 Jermain Defoe - A quick striker who was born to score goals.

19 Mousa Dembele - A versatile midfielder who I will be playing as a deep lying playmaker.

20 Michael Dawson - Captain Marvel, my third choice centre back.

22 Gylfi Sigurdsson - A great attacking midfielder who is great at set pieces.

23 Youssouf Mulumbu - A brick wall in front of my defence. I will be rotating him, Sandro and Huddlestone though.

24 Brad Friedel - Still going strong at 41! A great keeper to have in case of an injury to Hugo.

28 Kyle Walker - One of my best upcoming stars at Spurs. He has pace and strength as well.

30 Sandro - A solid ball winning midfielder who doesn't usually put a foot wrong.

32 Benoit Assou-Ekotto - My first choice left back. I will probably be looking for a replacement in the summer though.

33 Steven Caulker - A young centre back who will probably be my future captain.

44 Christian Clemens - A young German winger who can play on both flanks. I will be looking to loan him out soon though.

View attachment 325599View attachment 325600

Last edited:
Looking like a good start, nice signings too, i like it when people go for something a bit different rather than the same few players

Nice stuff Andrew , i'll enjoy reading your story.

I did a career with spurs a while back, got Douglas Costa too, with the wing abilities of lennon and bale, consider slipping him as a CAM. Then replacing Dembele with holtby in CM. Nice start :)

Why does the continue sign have BVB over it?

Nice stuff Andrew , i'll enjoy reading your story.

I did a career with spurs a while back, got Douglas Costa too, with the wing abilities of lennon and bale, consider slipping him as a CAM. Then replacing Dembele with holtby in CM. Nice start :)
yeah, i might do that later on in the season

September
* Europa League group stage
* Tough games in the league
* Capital One Cup 3rd Round

In the Europa League, I have got drawn in a group with Napoli, Genk and HJK. Overall I do expect to can qualify for the knock-out stages with the squad we have. In the Capital One Cup, I had to play Reading at home.

Results

Premier League:

Liverpool 2-1 Spurs
Gerrard (62) Borini (80) - Defoe (76)

Spurs 0-0 Chelsea

Man Utd 3-1 Spurs
Young (34) Rooney (54,81) - Douglas Costa (78)

Spurs 2-0 Norwich
Defoe (17, 90+1)

Europa League:

Spurs 2-0 Napoli
Kaboul (45+4) Adebayor (52)

Capital One Cup:

Spurs 3-1 Reading (aet)
Douglas Costa (13) Karacan o.g. (99) Adebayor (120+1) - Church (42)

Player Of The Month

Michael Dawson - He was a rock at the back when Kaboul and Vertonghen needed he rest.
View attachment 326007

Comments

It was a great month in the cups as we beat Napoli and Reading both fairly comfortably but we must pick up more points in the league even if we are the underdogs.

The League Table

View attachment 326010

Last edited: