Rivalries:

Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham

Stadium Name:

White Hart Lane
(36 310 Capacity)

whl.jpg

Background and start of Season expectations:

View attachment 226144View attachment 226145View attachment 226146

I suggest selecting Europa League Qualification as it is going to be a tough season with City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and United all competing, be realistic in order to alleviate unnecessary pressure throughout the season! The more you achieve the happier the board will be! Keep that in mind..

If you do well up until December the board usually offers you another chance to select your objectives with an injection of cash for your transfer budge which should put directly into your wage budge
t or use to spend on players that are mentioned below!

The £12m you start with is a decent amount of cash, however selling players generates a huge amount of money! Below are the transfers (that I did, not always recommended, however, there are a few that should be done)

Note:

Load Russia nation as playable! (this is highly recommended for transfers)

Club facilities and Overview:

View attachment 226152View attachment 226153View attachment 226154

Spurs possess good facilities. Their youth recruitment network is not the greatest in the country however . The stadium is in good condition, considering it is more than 100 years old and the pitch is in perfect condition.

Nothing needs to be spent on or upgraded here for at least the next couple of years! All the money you receive should primarily be used to bring in new players or put into wages to generate income!

Spurs squad:
(all suggested transfers are below)

Goalkeepers:
1_gomes.jpg
23_cudicini.jpg
24_friedel.jpg

View attachment 226159

Spurs keeping department is not the greatest in the world! Gomes will start most games, his eccentricity is a bit wild and does make a few mistakes, however his shot stopping is unparallelled. Sell him off in the 2nd or 3rd season though!

Volkan Demirel is a great keeper, experienced and solid, I don't advise spending big money on a 19/20 year old keeper as keepers only reach their prime in their 30's! So buy in a good experienced keeper and rather wait for good regens!

Friedel has just joined so you can't get rid of him, however he is good backup! Sell Carlo though, you can get about 825k for him and save 50k wages.

Defenders:

4_kaboul.jpg
13_gallas.jpg
20_dawson.jpg
26_king.jpg
28_walker.jpg
32_assou_ekotto.jpg
19_bassong.jpg
22_corluka.jpg

View attachment 226158

Spurs have a good defence, they are a bit weak at left back though, I for one am not a fan of Ekotto and Corluka and sell them off! Dawson and King are good defenders and are HG!

Gallas is also very good for the year but due to King's fitness and potential injuries I suggest buying in a new defender! I suggest selling Dawson as well, he fetches a nice bit of cash and Jan is much better in my opinion anyway!

Bale is a great left back and should be played there as it is easier to find a good Aml than it is to find a good Lb. Retain Kaboul to play at right back as cover! Bassong will cost you around £1m extra if played during the season for match clauses to Newcastle, I normally sell him off as well and can fetch around £10m for him from PSG or OM! I suggest doing that and buying Otamendi or Mario Fernandes!

Midfielders:

3_bale.jpg
6_huddlestone.jpg
7_lennon.jpg
8_parker.jpg
11_van_der_vaart.jpg
14_modric.jpg
21_kranjcar.jpg
29_livermore.jpg
30_sandro.jpg
40_pienaar.jpg

View attachment 226157

Spurs possess a quality midfield outfit, especially with the likes of Modric and Parker! Together they make a good cm partnership! Huddlestone is decent and a good passer, Niko and Pineaar (when fit) should be sold off however!

Bale is one of the best players in the game but should be retrained to play as a natural left back as mentioned above! Much easier to get a quality Aml/Ml than a Lb.

I personally sell Rafael for close on £20m in January as he gets injured a lot and you can use that cash to bring in someone like Hulk or even Cavani instead!

Strikers:

10_adebayor.jpg
17_dos_santos.jpg
18_defoe.jpg

View attachment 226156

This is where Spurs need a quality player in my opinion, Dos Santos is a good player, keep him for the year then sell him! he plays best at Amr/Aml though but can be used as a poacher!

Adebayor is great as well, however Defoe if used correctly is the perfect goal machine! I have had two great years with him and he has scored freely in both!
I would really consider bringing in someone like Paloschi though (£2.8m) He will become a World class striker and a replacement for Defoe!

Spurs tactics:

View attachment 226155

I highly recommend using the Ama-Zing™ tactic for Tottenham as well as the rest listed below! Follow the OP's in the relevant threads to ensure the tactics work well!

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ew-attacking-possession-tactic-raikan007.html

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ining/92151-raikan007s-awesome-amc-433-a.html

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...408-raikan007s-swoop-there-433-dm-tactic.html

Squad overview:

Spurs have a talented squad, a good mixture of experience and youth! There is room for improvements especially in the keeping and defending departments and a good striker!

Parker/Gallas/Modric make good tutors and should be used from the get go! Coulibaly has a great future and should be promoted to the first team (make him available for reserves)

Below are my transfers in and out for the first year! These are guidelines and idea's on who to sign and who you can sign in the first year! Cavani can be signed for £27m in the first window!

Suggested transfers:
Players:

View attachment 226161

As mentioned above, some players need to be bought in! Here is the list of my first season transfers in and out, you can see that I actually got more in than I sepnt, plus I got in better players in my opinion! All the rest of the money was put into the wage budget to increase it for my big signings in the future! And for the next seasons budget!

Jan, Paloschi, Sime and Ayew are must signings!

Staff ins and outs:

View attachment 226162

Here are the transfers of staff members in the first season, the board will not give you anymore coaches, I have tried! I suggest getting the very best you can!

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/85738-coaches-guide-galaxy.html

Spurs Training:

View attachment 226163
(taken two years in)

Always search for staff with 16 in determination/motivating/discipline and work from there, some of the coaches above will not be in your game due to database and nations loaded differences! Most of the staff for Spurs can be fired, especially the AM! I suggest getting Sidnei Lobo or Jairo Leal until Valdir De Moraes becomes available at the end of the year, keep in mind he will retire one year from that (2 years from the start)

I always use my own schedules which include youth training as well! Dunc's training is also very good and suggested!

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/84616-raikan007s-training-regime-fm12.html

Finances:

View attachment 226170

Spurs are a rich club, they have a fair bit of money, with good dealings like above, you can create yourself a really good team within a year or two! Spurs are currently £59m in debt which is not that bad considering others in the league.

Don't overspend however as it could lead to financial problems in the future, keep an eye on your budgets and stay within them!

First season objectives:
FA-Cup-Logo.jpg

Win a trophy, any trophy and qualify for Europe! The F.A Cup is a good trophy to get your hands on! The Premier League trophy would be first prize so I suggest concetrating on the league more than the Europa League.

It is possible for Spurs to do a clean sweep in the first season, I have won every trophy possible since day one, in the beginning of the third season now!

Good luck and enjoy your game! I wish you all the best!

how to set modric and parker? In reality Parker is more like a Box to Box than a Ball winning Midfielder. However, playing him as box to box and modric to Advanced Playmaker seems a bit risky and always got counter attacked

Sandro and Parker make a brilliant midfield partnership.

Good guide Raikan..only thing I'd add is goalkeeper area,Sommer is top quality goalkeeper and is available for under 3m I think and also there is Rene Adler who can be approached to sign in winter transfer window or third option is ofc the one you did and that is Mandanda from OM who has transfer release clause ;)

how to set modric and parker? In reality Parker is more like a Box to Box than a Ball winning Midfielder. However, playing him as box to box and modric to Advanced Playmaker seems a bit risky and always got counter attacked

Modric - Ap - support
Parker - Cm - support or Bwm - support

I signed Marc Albrighton, Dimitar Berbatov, Jeremain Lens, Jason Steele and Renato Augusto and sold Luka Modric (for a bit of cash, as Man City wanted him), Giovani Dos Santos and Gomes. I am currently in the first season.

Decent roundup, although I'm a bit dazzled that you're creating a guide for a team, then proceed to sell half the first squad, play their star player out of position and bring in 16 new players.

Also, Euro league qualification is a bit unambitious, the current Spurs quad is certainly title challenge material, and Champions League should be a solid and easy option.

Decent roundup, although I'm a bit dazzled that you're creating a guide for a team, then proceed to sell half the first squad, play their star player out of position and bring in 16 new players.

Also, Euro league qualification is a bit unambitious, the current Spurs quad is certainly title challenge material, and Champions League should be a solid and easy option.

hey Raikan,

really nice guide. Will help a lot of people!

1 question, why not getting WILLIAN instead of HULK ???

Ha.....I just started a game the other day, and the 1st thing I did was go purchase der Stegen as a young GK. Was just average first half of the year, but once he got English (basic) he's easily better than the others. Gomes is good, but he's so bad in real life I don't trust him.....sold him at face value to City.

Top-4 isn't exactly easy......City, United and Chelsea are almost automatic, and if Arsenal or Liverpool have a great season you're gonna have a tough time. The Pool in my current game is sitting in 1st, having only surrendered about 10 in 28 league games.

And K3zz4.....Hulk costs about 3x as much as Willian, and only does some things better, so I'd agree. But if you need a LW, Hulk is a better choice......Willian only makes a great inside fwd on the left.

Last edited:

1) I am just showing who you could buy if you wanted to, its my game, I sold who I did not want and brought in who I wanted! No one has to follow my transfers, thats just 1/8th of the guide, its a guide mate..

2) I suggest that for two reasons: 1) to keep pressure off you from the board and two, if you over perform the board give you a nice cash injection come January for exceeding their expectations!

3) The EPL is a tough league, finishing first with a team that is ranked 6th is not an easy feat for everyone pal! play it safe and perform well instead of aiming high and falling short....

which leagues did you load?

England, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Mexico, Brazil, Russia, Argentina, Holland, Portugal, Ukraine and then a few random ones like Uruguay, Chile, Turkey, Greece etc, about 3 extra as well as the initial ones above

hey Raikan,

really nice guide. Will help a lot of people!

1 question, why not getting WILLIAN instead of HULK ???

cheers, Shakthar wanted close to £20m for Willian, that is why I got Hulk instead

England, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Mexico, Brazil, Russia, Argentina, Holland, Portugal, Ukraine and then a few random ones like Uruguay, Chile, Turkey, Greece etc, about 3 extra as well as the initial ones above
thanks mate :)Really useful guide and hope you do some others;) edit: just loaded them and says game speed will be half a star and my computer is rated five stars LOL see:View attachment 227299

Last edited:
Fantastic guide mate, Paloschi is great. I suggest having a look at Cheik M'Bengue, great all-round left back. Gives you the freedom to play Bale at AML :)

Back