Trotty

Reaction score

Hello one and all I am back. You may remember me from the successful Chester City story many seasons ago. After a year or so away from the site I have decided to get back into writing about my FM save.

So it begins...

Ive taken over at the mighty Grimsby town a team that once was in the highest tier of English football and has slowly slipped down the divisions.

* My goal take them as far as I can go.
* Get all my Qualifications
*Leave once this has been achieved and continue elsewhere

Good luck,
Will you be starting out with no qualifications and no experience?

Cheers mate..ive started out with Sunday League and No Qualifications...Im hoping to doing daily updates

Cheers mate..ive started out with Sunday League and No Qualifications...Im hoping to doing daily updates

Its defo gonna be a challenge,
So are you gonna stay till youve won something big? Or just till a big club comes calling,

Season 1

View attachment 719844

The day had come i was taking my 1st steps into management, i was nervous, excited and the adrenaline was pumping i just wanted to get started. After the 1st few hours of talks between the chairman and the staff i knew immediately things had to change. The club was in debt but was under control but the team was lacking leadership and needed someone to give some stability to the club and from that point on I knew it was going to have to be.

A few weeks into training and i had already decided where the improvements were needed and who were the players i was going to rely on to take this club to the next level.

Key Players

GK- James Mckeown -
CB - Shaun Pearson - My captain
ST -Ross Hannah & John Lenell Lewis

This fours players were going to be the players that everyone else would fit around.

Transfers went as follows

View attachment 322846

Carl Regen a right back that provide experience and could be another vital member of the defence
Gareth Evans an utility player that could play anywhere in midfield.

Results

View attachment 322847

A solid start to the season, clearly we wanted to win games as we didn't draw a game until the end of september.

Media Prediction is 7th

if we carry this kind of form we will be not far from the mark

Its defo gonna be a challenge,
So are you gonna stay till youve won something big? Or just till a big club comes calling,

Not quite sure mate just see where it takes me...Im a few seasons in so trying to back date not easy...whos knows where i am or what i have achieved ;)

Look forward to this story and hope you achieve promotion, local boy and big fan of the club. :)