Gary_Jay

Reaction score
Is it possible for someone to make a transfer embargo file for me?

I've attempted to do it but it hasn't worked. All I need is an embargo for a single season on all premiership sides.

I've made a database which has mixed up the premiership teams to make it more 'fair' and the final bit I need is to stop the likes of United and Chelsea buying players in the first season. I have taken away the transfer budget and the teams balance but the cheeky buggers loan out youngsters to make up the funds to buy players.

If someone can make this file and it works then I'll upload the database and explain a tad more

Cheers

i don't think you can do it using the editor but you can do it with FMRTE

I'm on a mac and as far as I know there are no working fmrte yet

so if there is anyway someone can help would be appreciated...spent quite a while sorting this db

Open up the app's folder, go to data\db\1000\edt\ -

Add embargos manually like so -

"TRANSFER_EMBARGO" "Chelsea" "03/09/2009" "03/09/2010"

Do it manually for every team.

:)

cheers

i have already tried that and it didn't work.. don't know why though

cheers

i have already tried that and it didn't work.. don't know why though

If you have updates installed, don't open the 1000 folder, open the 1020 or 1030 folder. Also you may have to start a new game for it to work.

Yeah I got that.

If you wouldn't mind or anyone for that matter wouldn't mind doing a quick transfer embargo file I'd appreciate it.

I can send my db over to you so that you can test out the file and the db together.

I think that is the sort of thing you would have to do yourself. It seems simple but probably quite time consuming (time which I don't have)

ha, fair enough mate

may have worked out a way to do it... hope it works

whenever you start a new game there is a box you can tick that says "allow transfer budget in first window" just untick that box and id think that should work

whenever you start a new game there is a box you can tick that says "allow transfer budget in first window" just untick that box and id think that should work
That is only for the summer window, not the January window aswell

when starting the game, make a new (personal) manager for every premier league team. All mangers of the teams, you don´t want to play with, are going on holiday till the end of the season. (or end of winter transfer window) . Bevor that, set all players "unfor sale" and "unfor lend"

So I do with my german teams! Only thing is, that perhaps 1-2 players leave some teams to foreign teams. In my db: Delpierre (Stuttgart to Galatasaray), Podolski (Cologne to Chelsea), Mnari (Nürnberg to Nice)

Go to your Sports Interactive folder in program files. Then go to data/updates/update-1030/update/10.3/db/1030/edt

In there there should be a transfer embargo file. Click to open and it should give you a option to open using installed programs. Open it using notepad and it should be self-explanatory from there.

Start a new game then for the changes to work.