Most Apealling database

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

psycho1970

Reaction score
For the last half an hour I've been thinking about how to go about a Manchester Utd Database that pays tribute to Fergie and his players and I'd like your input and help.

My first idea is to re-create the 26 squads that Fergie has had since 1986 splitting them into 2 leagues, which would be a massive task and would require help making the teams.

My Second Idea is to make one or two teams with the best or most favourite players of his time.

And my last idea is to create all the players that played for him at Utd(if their not in FM13 already) and free transfer them so people can choose their own favourite's (another massive task that will require help)

So above is a poll to let you decide which is more appealing, and if there are people that would like to help out making players for option 1 or 3 then let me know now (I have a way to allow others to edit databases without them clashing)

Until the type of database is decided please refrain from listing players you would like in the team/s.

I voted all players free :)

I would like to be able to make my own team :)

A Brilliant Idea this....I have Voted for All Players Free and will also like to offer my help in making this...

A Brilliant Idea this....I have Voted for All Players Free and will also like to offer my help in making this...

I've got this poll running in SI Games thread too and the first option is running away with it at the moment so all the help I can get is great.:)

That would really really be a Huge Database to Work on...
Getting the Attributes right for the Players of the late 80's will be very tough to get right, but if made properly it will easily be worth the effort all of us will put in....

this sounds good and sorry being a **** but please dont make the players all well rounded, so many legend databases and the players are all practically the same for every position. If you understand what i mean it would be great if you could do that :)

this sounds good and sorry being a **** but please dont make the players all well rounded, so many legend databases and the players are all practically the same for every position. If you understand what i mean it would be great if you could do that :)

Totally agree with you, a lot of legend databases turn the players into supermen. I've recently been looking at the Man utd squads of 1986-2012 and the one thing that they have in common is that the majority of players were/are just average/above average with a few exceptional characters thrown in, what I'm thinking of doing and asking any helpers and at times asking the community is comparing the old Utd players with players of today(not just Utd players) and then duplicating their camparee and then tweaking the stats if need be, so dont expect players to have a CA of 180 and PA of 200 with attributes of 18-20 across the board:)

The Results are in and it was a very close decision

FM BaseSI GamesTotals
26 Teams - 2 leagues151530
Best of the Fergie Era9918
All 1986-2013 players on a free21829
Total Votes453277

So as you can see from the table above the first option takes it by 1 vote.

Thanks to everyone who voted.

Due to it being the biggest option I'll be looking for some serious help in not only making the DB but also research (especially staff roles) and advice on attributes, so if you've got a nit of spare time either post here or PM me with your preferred role and experience with the editor.

Really looking forward to making this and hoping to here from some of you soon.