Ncfc4lyf1

Reaction score
Zola Resigns
@watfordfcsays are saddened to announce that club manager Gianfranco Zola has left the club, more to follow #WFC.

With Zola retiring, the odds for the new manager are as follows:
Karl Robinson - 2/5
Neil Warnock - 2/1
Darren Ferguson - 6/1
Gareth Southgate - 8/1
Gus Poyet - 8/1
Michael Gardner - 15/1

View attachment 474018
And with unknown Everton fan Michael Gardner out at 15/1, are Watford fans happy with the potential shortlist of replacements?

Numerous fans told Sky Sports that they needed someone who can work with the "Italian culture of the club", who "likes a challenge". When it was revealed that part-dutch hopeful Michael Gardner was 6th favourite, many would favour him as the new boss. "He knows all about the Dutch game, and has International connections, which only Gus Poyet shares". And with Poyet recently sacked by Brighton, fans weren't too keen - "The way he worked at Brighton just wouldn't be allowed here at Watford, it would be too risky."

The club Twitter account took things a step further a few hours later when they announced:
@watfordfcsays can confirm that the next manager will work with a new Director of Football, as Gianluca Nani has left the club also.

Michael Gardner's close friend, James Earl, was one of the favourites to be named the new Director of Football, along with Glenn Hoddle, Damien Francis and Danny Mills.

Last edited:
New Men At Vicarage Road
@watfordfcsays are delighted to confirm that Michael Gardner will be the new head coach, with James Earl as director of football

With the new staff in place, many fans are concerned about the new appointments, with one labelling it as "A hasty decision" and numerous other supporters saying that "James will bring the wrong players to the club". However some fans are delighted with the arrivals - "This is a new era for Watford FC, I am confident that exciting players will be purchased".

With the link to Udinese, it has been rumoured that a few players may move to Vicarage Road on loan from the Italian club, however Director of Football James Earl said that he only wants "players that will improve the squad" and will not be "panic buying". He is also "delighted to be working with Michael on a competitive level" and will give him all the "support he needs".

Nah I support Chelsea but I like Watford, don't know why, probably because Chalobah went there on loan ahahahha

Haha fair enough, and just to let people know, this is my friends save but I am doing transfers for him.

Watford Sign Yeovil Star and Two Italian Stars - 22nd July 2012
@watfordfcsays are delighted to announce that Ed Upson, Stefano Ferrario, Valerio Verre have all joined the club! Ed signs for three years, Stefano for four, and Valerio pens a one year loan deal!

View attachment 473924View attachment 473923View attachment 473922

Director of football James Earl says that he bought in Ed due to "his passion to play football", and "he has great determination" and "impressed when scouted in League One for Yeovil". He also says that "Stefano will bring great experience at the back and will help keep clean sheets", while Valerio "is a great young prospect that has a drive to perform well for any team".