Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_That_Guy

Reaction score

Carlo Ancelotti leaves Chelsea

200px-Ancellotidouble.jpg

Carlo Ancelotti celebrates Chelsea's first League and Cup Double with team captain John Terry

Carlo Ancelotti left his post at Stamford Bridge late last week after rumours surrounding his future as manager of Chelsea.

Ancelotti was confirmed as the new Chelsea manager after agreeing to a three-year contract worth £9 million. This contract made him the highest earning manager in the world. Ancelotti, succeeding temporary replacement Guus Hiddink, became the club's fourth permanent manager in 21 months, following José Mourinho, Avram Grant, and Luiz Felipe Scolari. He is also the third Italian to manage Chelsea, after Gianluca Vialli and Claudio Ranieri.

On 9 August 2009, Ancelotti won his first trophy as Chelsea manager, the Community Shield, beating Manchester United on penalties, following a 2–2 draw. His first Premier League game in charge of the Blues ended in a 2–1 home victory over Hull City on 15 August 2009. Chelsea lost their first game under Ancelotti at the DW Stadium against Wigan Athletic on 26 September, losing 3–1. They were eliminated from the League Cup on 2 December, reaching the quarter-finals stage after a penalty shootout defeat to Blackburn Rovers after a 3–3 draw at Ewood Park. Chelsea crashed out of the Champions League on 16 March 2010 after a 1–3 aggregate loss to Internazionale, having lost both home and away, in the Round of 16 stage.

On 9 May 2010, Ancelotti led Chelsea to win the Premier League title, beating Manchester United by one point and setting scoring records. The team finished the campaign with 103 goals, becoming the first team to score more than 100 goals in the top flight of English football since Tottenham Hotspur in the 1962–63 First Division season (Tottenham finished second). Chelsea secured the title with a 8–0 victory over Wigan Athletic at Stamford Bridge. Ancelotti also became the first Italian manager to win Premier League; and only the fifth manager overall in the league's eighteen seasons.

Carlo Ancelotti said:
I feel very upset to be leaving this wonderful club, Chelsea are a amazing team and i enjoyed my time here, i wish the club and the next manager all the best for the future.

Allardyce joins Chelsea

allardyce_314135c.jpg

Sam Allardyce, born 19 October 1954, is an English football manager and former professional player, most recently in charge of Blackburn Rovers.
Commonly known as Big Sam, Allardyce was manager of Bolton Wanderers from 1999 to 2007. He led Bolton to a League Cup final as well as guiding them to UEFA Cup qualification for the first time in their history.
Following a spell at Newcastle United from 2007 to 2008, Allardyce managed Blackburn from 2008 until 13 December 2010. Roman Abramovich stated he felt the club needed an English manager in charge.

G | W | D | L | Win % |
731| 293| 195| 243| 40.08|

Allardyce's managerial stats

Sam Allardyce said:
I was quite shocked actually to get job in the first place as many other managers were in the running for the job, i am delighted to have got the job and i will be looking forward to working with some of the best footballers of this time. I will do my all for the club and try to win as many trophies as possible whilst under contract here.

Last edited:
Update later

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

Pearson in talks with Blackburn

Pearson.jpg

Hull City manager Nigel Pearson has today opened talks with Blackburn over the vacant managerial position at Ewood park. Pearson has been said to have fallen out with the new Hull chairman and is expected to leave the club in the next few days. Blackburn's new owners say that they adore Pearson's managerial abilities and he would be the perfect manager to take the club forward.

Assem Allam said:
Me and Nigel have had a falling out in which he acted in a very aggressive way towards myself and my assistant, i want a manager who the fans will like and who has the right attitude to take the club forward and Nigel doesn't have that, we are drawing up a shortlist on who could be the next manager but we are still unsure.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

*Note this is a Hull City story and i did the Chelsea bit as a twist in the story in case you think i was doing **** and changed team*

ahahaha i just read this---*Note this is a Hull City story and i did the Chelsea bit as a twist in the story in case you think i was doing **** and changed team*

thank god :)

Haha, i was going to do a Chelsea one but i thought it would not be much of a challange

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:55 PM ----------

Windass joins Hull

dean-windass_1506189c.jpg

Dean Windass was today unveiled as the new manager of Hull City after Nigel Pearson joined Blackburn Rovers. Windass joined on a two year deal after he was in extensive talks over the last few days. Windass said that he was delighted to have been given the job with him having hardly any other managerial experience. Windass drew up a few players that he will try to sign;

Gary Madine - Carlisle
Clinton Morrison - Sheffield Wednesday
Mark Beevers - Sheffield Wednesday
Jordan Rhodes - Huddersfield
Adam Le Fondre - Rotherham
Jay Demerit - Free Transfer

Dean Windass" said:
I am over the moon to be back at Hull, i love the club and its fans, they deserve more than Championship football they belong in the Premier League and i will try to get them back there. Me and the chairman have drawn up a few players i would like to sign and i don't know if you have seen them, i am backed brilliantly financially by the board and i am looking forward to working with Bullard, Simpson and Mclean as i can pass on my experience to the strikers and i am looking to gain promotion through their goals.

Adam_Le_Fondre_280x_941065a.jpg

Will Le Fondre be on his way to Hull ?

I think you should get Leigh Griffiths rather than LeFondre and play him as a poacher

Transfer Update

lg.jpg

The first of Windass's signings was 19 year old Leigh Griffiths who joined for £290,000 from Dundee. Griffiths has been capped twice by Scotland U-19's and has netted once.

qsnm80.jpg

Hulls second signing was USA international Jay Demerit after he was released by Watford , Demerit had been a free agent for a while before joining Hulls because he believes they will gain promotion.

1387_245283_debcfe6676a9ae0.jpg

Marco Verratti was next to join Hull after signing from Pescara for £1,300,000. Verratti shrugged off interest from Napoli to join Hull because he believes he will get more football here at the KC Stadium.

3089qqf.jpg

Attacking Midfielder Tijani Belaid joined from Sparta Prague for £1,000,000 after he was upset there, he joined Hull because he said it will be a challange for him to try and help them gain promotion into the Premier League.

foto_0120090125165601.jpg

32 year old Lithuanian international Tomas Danilevicius joined for £120,000 from Livorno, Danilevicius has been capped 58 times for Lithuania scoring 18 times.

10nth5d.jpg

Windass's final transfer was transfer listed Nigel Reo-Coker who joined from Aston Villa for £1,800,000. Nigel was unhappy at Villa and demanded to be allowed a move away and Hull were the first to bid for the player, Nigel is expected to be a key player alongside Bullard in midfield for Hull.

Wow some really good transfers, whats your transfer budget btw??

Wow some really good transfers, whats your transfer budget btw??

It was £5,750,000 but my computer has shut itself down and i haven't saved it so i cant carry it on and i have requested for it to be closed

Status
Not open for further replies.