A1 Grand Prix

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
WHAT IS A1 GRAND PRIX?

A1 Grand Prix is the first opportunity in any area of motorsport for nations to compete on a level playing field. It is a series where technology and innovation are deliberately equalised and performance is determined by human bravery, skill and excellence. Team and driver combine to create their advantage and the winning nation raises its flag in celebration.

A1 Grand Prix is more than just another motorsport phenomenon; it's an entirely new sport - The World Cup of Motorsport. Pitting driver against driver and country against country for the first time in history, A1 Grand Prix will bring together 25 nations representing 80 per cent of the world's population to actively compete on a level playing field.

A1 Grand Prix has created a new medium for national and international brands and organisations to promote themselves on a global scale. Through the World Cup of Motorsport, they can join forces with their national teams to be part of this unique sporting event.

The World Cup of Motorsport promotes countries and utilises the national patriotism instilled in every person on the planet not only attracting traditional motorsport and sporting fans but exciting anyone who is passionate about their heritage, country and population.

WHAT IS AN A1 GRAND PRIX EVENT?

A fast, exciting, adrenaline fuelled weekend full of entertainment in a glamorous and exclusive environment, affordable and accessible to all the family.

With three days of on-track action, an A1 Grand Prix event offers a rare opportunity for fans to interact with teams and drivers. Exclusively inclusive, The World Cup of Motorsport brings the thrill of international motorsport to billions of fans across the globe.

Taking in a mix of established world-famous venues, exciting new state-of-the-art facilities and tight twisty street circuits, A1 Grand Prix promises to deliver high-speed action at every turn.

An A1 Grand Prix event is a fast, exciting, adrenaline fuelled weekend in a glamorous and exclusive environment, affordable and accessible to all.

WHEN IS IT ON?

Sky Sports are showing all of the qualifying, sprints and the main races live. Full TV details can be found here.

Information taken from A1GP.com

Last edited:
Qualifying on at 2pm today - Sky Sports 3

I watched most of the qualifying yesterday, it looked pretty good. The coverage isn't as good as the F1 coverage but I like the fact that it is all equal and that it is countries competing.

Just flicked over to the A1 on sky sports and there's just been a crash, some cut across someone on a bend and ended up barrell rolling.

To me it sounds like Nascar racing with F1 cars. I might watch it another time.

Its weird compared to F1 because its very slow in comparison. But it was ok, seemed a bit dead though.

Cant believe Team GB didnt finish the second race.
Was that the first ever race today? Because they were talking like it was, but then they were saying that Ronaldo was a fan, but how could he be if it hadnt happened yet?
Was slightly slow, but its still exciting because in the end its all down to the guts of the driver etc.

Anything is more enteraining than F1 at the moment. Try the moto GP - Rossi is awesome and its never dull.

it sound dull Catalan, hasnt Rossi won it 5 years on the trot

Also, i bet it doesnt have that foxy blonde presented that A1 does. Shes a minx! She can press my "boost button" anyday!

Well i thought the race was good and f1 isn't boring. the brazillian gp wasn't boring!

F1 is certainly not boring, atleast anymore. Since they have added new rules and regulations, Schumacher isnt winning all the time and its now done to the skill of the driver more than the power of the cars. Meaning a wider variety of winners.

Is anyone watching todays A1 Grand Prix?

Great Britain are 2nd with 11 laps to go. :) So far today I havn't seen a single team do a nice smooth pit stop, every team seem to have trouble getting one of the tyres off.