AAA - Arsenal's American Architect

iArsenal

Reaction score
First off I would like to say that I have been playing this save for about two months now. I am currently finishing up the 2015/2016 season but I will start from the beginning and give a bit of a back drop. This game was started during the second to last LFC Marshall update so pretty much will be the 2012/13 transfers.

View attachment 278601

July 1st 2011 9:00

Arsene Wenger resigns as Arsenal manager

In a shocking statement from Arsenal chairmen Peter Hill-Wood it was announced that long serving manager Arsene Wenger has decided to step down as manager. He also said that they gave Arsene the personal offer of finding a suitable replacement to take over the club.

"Arsenal FC has accepted the resignation of manager Arsene Wenger effective immediately. We are grateful for all he has done in the past 15 years and we can not thank him enough for leading this club the way he has. We have gone through one of the best periods during his time at the club culminating in the 2003-04 "Invincibles" squad. It has been with great honor that we have allowed Arsene himself to appoint a new manager and we will give him the option to announce the new manager during our 5:00pm press conference."

July 1st 2011 10:00

Speculation is mounting as who will take over for Arsene Wenger at Arsenal after chairmen Peter Hill-Wood announced this morning that he has left the club after 15 years. Sky Bet is reporting that Everton boss David Moyes is the early favorite for the job but there are other candidates as well. Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp is also thought to be an ideal replacement. It certainly is a wonder though if Arsene will choose a French manager after spending money on French players throughout the years.

July 1st 2011 12:30
Reports coming out of the Emirates have indicated that Arsene Wenger has just arrived at the grounds and has moved his proposed 5:00pm press conference up to 3:00pm. He also apparently "did not arrive alone" as speculation mounts that the new manager has arrived and met some of the players who are just getting back from the offseason. Both Brendan Rodgers and Jurgen Klopp have come forward and stated that they have not been approached by Wenger despite being heavy favorites to land the job. Klopp had this to say, "The Arsenal job? No I have not been approached and honestly have no desire to leave Dortmund. I believe the German league is as competitive as the Premier League if not more."

July 1st 2011 15:00

The time has come! We have the exclusive Arsene Wenger press conference ahead of his resignation as manager at Arsenal Football Club.

Arsene Wenger - "I'd just like to start by saying that this is one if not the most difficult decisions of my life. After last seasons disappointing end to the season in which we dropped from 2nd to 4th in a couple weeks I have decided it is time for me to step down. I believe this club needs a younger manager to take the club forward and I believe I have found the perfect replacement. I was very grateful to the chairmen that I could pick the new manager and I believe he will do an excellent job. I would now like to welcome and introduce the new manager of Arsenal Mr.
Jonah Webb!

Some may see this as a surprise appointment but I have no doubt he can take over for myself. He has served as chief scout in North America for the past 3 seasons and the American will easily make the step up to manager. A lot of people will be wary of his age at just 25 (turns 26 in December) but he has great tactical knowledge of the game and will provide a great insight for future stars. People may compare him to Andres Villas-Boas with not being able to control some of the older players but here at this club the older players have great respect for anyone. Now I'd like to let him make a statement but once again I would love to thank Arsenal FC for all the support they have shown over the years."

Jonah Webb - "I am delighted to say the least at the opportunity that has arisen and would like to thank Arsene Wenger for all he has done for me. I believe I can lead this club back to the glory days of the early 2000's and hope to one day replicate the "Invincibles". My main aim is of course to win the Champions League but I would like to make Arsenal the top club in the world. My focus will be close to the same as Arsene with bringing in young players and nurturing them into the first team. I have already had a conversation with club captain Thomas Vermaelen and he is as excited as I am. I have no doubt that great things are about to happen at this club!"

My upcoming posts will be about the seasons up to my current season so bare with me! I hope you guys enjoy!

Thanks guys! :D

2011/12 Season

Transfers:

View attachment 278604

Barclays Premier League:

View attachment 278605

Capital One Cup:

View attachment 278606

FA Cup:

View attachment 278607

​UEFA Champions League:

View attachment 278608

End of Season Report: Well this first season Champions League victory was totally surprising. We knocked out Real Madrid to face Ajax in the final. The Premier League title was also ours but we had disappointing exits early on in the Capital One Cup and a semifinal defeat to Tottenham in the FA Cup.

I realize these are just quick updates but I need to quickly review my first seasons as manager so we can get to the current season (2016/2017 preseason).

2013/14 Season

Transfers:

View attachment 278651

Barclays Premier League:

View attachment 278652

Capital One Cup:

View attachment 278653

FA Cup:

View attachment 278654

UEFA Champions League:

View attachment 278655

End of Season Report:
As we again win the league we only capture the Capital One Cup trophy along with it. We did sell some good players in the offseason as we let Giroud and Podolski go for big sums. Keep an eye on Guy Sanda who I bought this season as you will see how he develops. We got knocked out in the 3rd round of the FA Cup to Man City and we lost a heartbreaking semifinal to Barcelona in the Champions League.

2014/15 Season

Transfers:

View attachment 278656

Barclays Premier League:

View attachment 278657

Capital One Cup:

View attachment 278658

FA Cup:

View attachment 278659

UEFA Champions League:

View attachment 278660

End of Season Report:
Another Premier League trophy this time it seemed a bit harder at times as we kind of reloaded on the attacking players after selling Podolski and Giroud. Also we were knocked out of the Champions League to Juventus in the quarterfinals and a repeat of last seasons final saw FC Porto defeat Barcelona.

2015/16 Season Review

Transfers:

View attachment 278709

Barclays Premier League:

View attachment 278710

Capital One Cup:

View attachment 278711

FA Cup:

View attachment 278712

UEFA Champions League:

View attachment 278713

End of Season Report - Another Premier League title this time much closer as Manchester City was breathing down our necks and even favorites to win it for awhile. Biggest transfer of my career so far happened as we signed Neymar from Santos for 42m and he has not disappointed so far. We also won the Capital One Cup over Everton and the Champions League again over Chelsea after defeating Barcelona 6-1 on agg in the semifinal. We lost in the 4th round of the FA Cup to Southampton. I will have a better update coming up in about 6 hours or so after work that will be the new season preview!

Updates will be coming monthly or every 2 months now as I am up to date!

Here are the transfers for the upcoming season. As you can see they are all young players that I hope will be able to develop in to top quality players. I signed the wrong Mohamed Benali (seriously two players with the same name on the same team????) but other than that I am very happy. I also got rid of both Koscielny and Mamadou Sakho as I feel Dico and Richard Oliver who is coming up through my youth system need time in the first team.

This is how my current team looks. Guy Sanda will lead the front line and he is a BEAST. He scored 69 goals in all competitions last season including a new Premier League record of 44 goals in a season.

August 2016

Community Shield sees Arsenal defeat Fulham
Newcastle stun Arsenal in UEFA Super Cup
Guy Sanda injured for 2 months
Tottenham midfielder Ray Keane controversially joins Arsenal

Community Shield

Fulham 1 - 3 Arsenal
Gamboa, Miyaichi, Sanda​

A good way to usher in a new season as we pick up another Community Shield victory against Fulham. Ryo Miyaichi was pretty stellar as he picked up the MotM.

Tottenham 2 - 2 Arsenal
Sanda, Neymar​

A superb comeback as we went 2-0 down early but fought our way back and could have even won it! "Our players played great even after going 2-0 down. It is always great to see Spurs fans visibly upset after a comeback!"

Arsenal 6 - 0 Birmingham
Sanda (4), Neymar, Adanguede

A great display was overshadowed by a horrible injury to our star Guy Sanda. He injured his hip in the 2nd half and will be out for 2 months. Hopefully he comes back stronger then ever though.

UEFA Super Cup

Arsenal 1 - 2 Newcastle
Miyaichi

This match certainly didn't go as planned. Wilfried Zaha shocked us with 2 early goals and we couldn't recover. Our players now have a International break to look forward to.

League Table

View attachment 278750

Player of the Month

View attachment 278751

Despite being out for 2 months his performance against Birmingham can not go ignored. He will be greatly missed during these two months though.