Pedro86

Reaction score
On fm08 I remember Mika aaritalo was the player to sign for absolute peanuts and turn into an absolute beast but started off with a really small team, was just wondering if any of you guys have found any gems from obscure leagues that turned into a player that was first on the team sheet?

I have found that in the last few FM releases, they have really done a good(?) job of having better scouting, especially in lower leagues, so the players there don't tend to be weird worldies anymore.

I don't really know though.

But I think in FM 2017, Kuki is beast.
And I think Winger from Kosovo, Milot Rashica or something is really decent player.

Yeah, there are fewer and fewer of these. As Miles Jacobsen said in the FM documentary, those players are fondly remembered by the gamers but they are statistical anomalies to the developer. They really aren't realistic and shouldn't happen. The best you can probably do on FM17 is players at relatively big clubs who can be snagged on a free (Kuki, Carlos Soler) but they are at pretty big clubs to start, so good luck getting them to a small club. And the compensation is not small.

If you load enough leagues and players, there are some good youngsters that can be snapped up, sometimes for small sums. But very few are immediately starters for a club of any size, and many won't want to go to the size of club where they could be an immediate impact player. Jørgen Strand Larsen for example.