KevQ339

Reaction score
This is the first attempt at a story, simply the aim is to take over from Derek Mcinnes and break Celtics stranglehold on Scottish football.

Day one: Squad assessment,

The squad I inherited has sufficient quality for me to compete in the 1st season, as I always do I like to do I create 3 tactics, 1 for games I should win easily, 1 for similar teams and 1 for larger team I am expected to lose to.

Three tactics I went for as follows:-

View attachment 63599View attachment 63598View attachment 63597

Trident V1 (I can hear the groans) yes its the 5-2-3 but I found this tactic through trial and error and it really suits the players at Aberdeen as I retrain the wingers as strikers, the AMC's as roaming playmakers, the DM's as ballwinner CM's and the FB's as wingbacks all transitions are positions most have some ability at.

Jumbo V1 5-3-2 play exactly the same way however much easier to keep the ball and create chances.

Harrier V1 5-3-1-1 as above provides defensive security while retaining possession and hopefully take the chances that we do create.

Transfers:- I made 15 signings all free all u20 players just to make the youth team competitive till the regens start coming through the door though saying that I might have a couple of decent players from it.

View attachment 63596View attachment 63595View attachment 63594

Training: I set all players to train in playing position additional focus on defenders quickness, midfielders passing, and strikers shooting.

Team training: pre season its all about tactics and higher intensity

My final act of the day is to spend my transfer budget on setting the scouting to scout the world for youth hence the singing so many freebies as I have no money left to spend.

Here we go COYR!

Last edited:
Pre season

So on to pre season we go:-

View attachment 63592
Some dodgy results here but no defeats, its all about getting used to the tactics and building fitness.

View attachment 63591
Not the best start, but promising signs that the team understand what's being asked of them.

View attachment 63590
As above but could have won if not for a missed penalty.

View attachment 63588
Switched to Harrier V1 for this one and was definitely unlucky not to win, god knows we had enough chances

View attachment 63587
Back to Trident V1 for this one wasn't impressed with some of the defending as I rotated squad a little but Rooney and Maynard absolutely beasted them.

View attachment 63586
It was back to Harrier for this one and boy what a game. The neutrals were happy with this one, we almost had them even their manager admitted that they were lucky to get a draw from this one we hit the post twice and the bar once. Arneson managed to get the man of the match, despite his advancing years he showed he still has it.

View attachment 63581

Final pre season game an excellent 4-0 win against a smaller team, boosted confidence ahead of first competitive match.

Overall I'm very happy with the progress and the defence look like they are adjusting to the tactics.

Good luck. As an Aberdeen fan I will keep an eye on this

thanks Klippybo,

Updates will be daily, as I don't do much else these days,

Yeah im a Dandy too, decided to try the story to keep my interest i play a few seasons and start again because I fancy the change, hopefully it goes like some of the previous games :)

Cheers The GallantPioneer1872,

The feeling mutual :p be sure to tag you when that fixture comes up hopefully with good news (for me obviously).

1st competitive Fixtures

THE SEASON BEGINS....

the first fixture up is Stjarnan of Iceland.

1st Leg Euro Cup 2nd Qual. Rnd

View attachment 63576
View attachment 63575

A fantastic Result in the first leg a very professional performance.

4-0 away from home literally kills the tie at first attempt, the team are gelling very well and look like they are really enjoying their football.

2nd Leg Euro Cup 2nd Qual. Rnd

View attachment 63574

View attachment 63573

A 3-1 victory at home, I rotated some players to give minutes to some squad players to keep the levels up and give experience to a couple of youngsters.

Euro Cup 3rd Qual. Rnd Draw

View attachment 63572Been drawn against Maritimo of Portugal could be a tricky tie.

View attachment 63571

They are 6-4 favourites for the 1st Leg but at 13-8 their advantage is only slight.

Good start here! Martimo will be more of a challenge than Starjnan however I feel you’ll be able to get by over two legs. Good luck!

Good start here! Martimo will be more of a challenge than Starjnan however I feel you’ll be able to get by over two legs. Good luck!

Thanks bud,

I did play the first leg last night and there is a shock on the cards when i post it up later "create an air of intrugue :D"

Hopefully you get into the group stages, I'm going to put my money on your first leg being an absolute skelping with a good 5-0 win or something ? haha

Well here we go....

EURO Cup 3rd Qual. Rnd. 1st Leg

View attachment 63447View attachment 63446

What did I just witness...

Aberdeen just produced the best single handed 1st half performance of football I have ever seen.

they blew Maritimo away with a breathtaking display of attacking football even Man city Barca or Real would find hard to replicate and would have pundits drooling at their feet if they did.

To make it more impressive we were away from home to boot.

7-0 at halftime and to be fair they put a defence up in the second half that nothing but the right hand of god himself would break through,

never the less I couldn't be prouder of this result and now I can rotate the squad for the second leg so that every one manages some game time.

EURO cup 3rd qual. rnd. 2nd leg

View attachment 63430View attachment 63429

No 7 goal thriller an effective second string Aberdeen team were under pressure for most of the game but still took the lead and put in a sterling effort Rogers and Nwakali in particular put in a great shift and Maynard on target too.

Things are looking very good in these early days...

Draw for the playoff qualifying round pits us against OM.

Last edited:
The league begins

First up a home tie to Hamilton.

If there was ever a performance to optimize a hard working professional team this was it despite the fact we dominated in every department we could have been so much better but I will take the 2-0 win and a stable if unspectacular start.

View attachment 63409

Betfred cup.

I dithered here with only 2 days between Hamilton and this tie v ICT. I considered rotating squad to keep players fresh, but I decided that this cup was winnable and gave the 1st team who took part in previous fixture 2 days rest and went at them full strength.

The final result of 2-0 didn't do us justice we were outstanding and should have had more the defensive work was as impressive not even allowing them a shot on target.

View attachment 63408

View attachment 63407

A favourable draw for the QTR final, wouldn't mind if I drew Morton or Ayr providing that I qualify, in retrospect I really should.

Back to the league against Ross county in dingwall.

We played very well in this one another pleasing performance despite losing a goal we defended superbly again. Rooney has been banging goals in for fun lately and his partnership with McGinn and May is flourishing. Although in this one I rotated the squad I lost Logan to inury for 4 weeks and decided that I didn't want to lose anyone else, Nwakali who I have use in rotation with Logan is suspended against OM, so McGinn dropped to the bench as he is going to play WB when we return to Euro cup.

View attachment 63405View attachment 63406 View attachment 63404

Euro Cup Playoff first leg v OM

View attachment 63397View attachment 63396.
When I was handed this draw I had thoughts that my time in this competition could well be over.

To say I'm ecstatic with this result is an understatement we were superb, even though we rode our luck a little, a defiant display of resolute defending I think this team would throw their grannies in front of the ball to ensure the opposition don't score.

Joe Lewis was awesome pulling off a string of excellent saves as we were under the cosh for periods of the game, but Rooney was an assassin in front of goal May was man of the match but the key to this was Arnason the man was lit up a pure inspiration and another superb goal.

We have just put ourselves in the driving seat to qualify for the groups this is looking like it could be a very promising season.

you would have lost your money LOL the bookies would have loved this one.

Nah I said a good 5-0 or SOMETHING so I'm claiming that as a win, I would have put on a -4 Handicap so would have been a decent return lol. well done though the result against Marseille is unreal!

Nah I said a good 5-0 or SOMETHING so I'm claiming that as a win, I would have put on a -4 Handicap so would have been a decent return lol. well done though the result against Marseille is unreal!

cheers for that faith mate lol, was chuffed with that one has to go down as one of my best results, when you consider that I have not changed the first team.