Reaction score
Alright, well! I have decided to do a long term save, I've struggled to dig my teeth into a save so far with FM13 but I've decided to give this one a real go. After reading through Stonecold's story with Aberdeen I decided I had to try them out. I am a Rangers fan myself so we'll see how this goes! If I achieve even half of what he has done I'll be chuffed!
---
thumbnail.aspx

Founded: 1903
Nickname: The Dons
Rivals: Dundee United, Rangers
Finances: Okay
Stadium: Pittodrie (Capacity: 21k)

Targets:

Short-term (3-5 years)

• Challenge for the SPL title before Rangers make their way back into the SPL (4 Seasons)
  • Win the Scottish Cup & League Cup (At least once)
  • Establish a good youth set-up
Long-term (5+ Years)

• Win the SPL by 2017/18
  • Challenge in Europe
  • New stadium
  • National job (Personal target)
The boss

View attachment 350673

ex-Professional footballer Alex Harris looks to bring success back to Pittodrie.

Responses welcome.​

Great to see you back mate will follow as always

As a Rangers fan you should feel cleansed haha. Good luck Hope you kick *** and enjoy!

Hmm. I know that no true Aberdeen fan would ever manage Rangers so I guess things be different the other way lol (having said that it is not as though you are a Rangers fan managing Celtic).

Good luck.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm. I know that no true Aberdeen fan would ever manage Rangers so I guess things be different the other way lol (having said that it is not as though you are a Rangers fan managing Celtic).

Good luck.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You managed Rangers this year!

A fellow bear managing 'them'?! Nah only kidding mate, good luck! |)

I could never bring myself to manage C*ltic! Aberdeen was a struggle with the way Stuart Milne has been over the past year but hey-ho! Will be interesting.

If you had a up to date save Barry Robson is supposedly joining us in the next few days

When you went down to Liverpool didnt you play as Rangers in the challenge mode or to get a promotion achievement or some excuse like that lol

Looking ahead to
2012 / 13

Expectations:

Board:

• [*=center]SPL: Qualify for the Europa League
    [*=center]Scottish Cup: Reach the Semi-Final
    [*=center]League Cup: Reach the Semi-Final
Personal:

• [*=center]SPL: Qualify for the Europa League

[*=center]Scottish Cup: Reach the Semi-Final

[*=center]League Cup: Reach the final

Hopefully we'll finish in the top 2 which gives us more of a chance in the Europa League as it sticks us in the 3rd qualifying round. A cup win would be nice as well.

To help us on our way our transfers are as follows:
View attachment 351150

Cristiano Zanetti, the Italian legend has spent time at Inter, Juventus and Fiorentina and now even Aberdeen! He'll add some experience to the centre of midfield and hopefully help out with a few youngsters.
Free - CM

Kevin Thomson returns to Scottish football after 2 poor seasons at Middlesbrough. The Scot had spent time previously at rivals Rangers and Hibernian. At the age of 27, I believe he can add something good to the midfield.
Free - CM

McFadden ended up joining us in September, no one in England wanted him nor could they register him after August so he was shown off to clubs in Scotland and we gobbled him up! If we keeps clear of injuries he could really do something for us.

Free - LW / ST

Aberdeen's key-man:
View attachment 351153

The 25 year-old Englishman will be pulling the strings in midfield, I'll also be looking to tie him up with a new contract as soon as possible as well.

Aberdeen's XI
View attachment 351154

With Milne being the tight clown he is we were giving a transfer budget of £0 and were giving a real small wage budget of £2.5k. Even with bringing in the 120k on transfers we didn't get much from it.

With finances for all SPL sides (minus Celtic) being next to nothing. I decided to push the board for a parent club. At first they rejected my request before deciding the 107k a year would be good for the club. Liverpool was chosen a month later.

So, time to kick things off!

When you went down to Liverpool didnt you play as Rangers in the challenge mode or to get a promotion achievement or some excuse like that lol

In my defence I was very very very drunk!!!!

August

We kick off the 12/13 season with a draw at Parkhead
We can't add much to the team due to lack of funding
Celtic do little in the window

Celtic 1-1 Aberdeen
Vernon

I'd normally be delighted with a point away to Celtic but the fact we gave them their goal after we took the lead and we had a goal disallowed, I'm half disappointed.

Aberdeen 2-1 Ross County
Vernon
Reynolds

A win is a win I guess. Not a fantastic performance but I'll take it.

St. Johnstone 0-1 Aberdeen
Rae

An incredibly boring, bleak game but again we scrape the 3 points. Some quick passing was followed up by Gavin Rae taking on a few Saints and slotting it home in the 88th minute.

Aberdeen 1-0 Hearts
Milsom

Another game where only the one goal was the difference and in this case an incredible free kick from Milsom!

LC 2nd Round
East Fife 1-4 Aberdeen
Vernon 2
Shaughnessy
Hayes

I sent out a team filled with both youth and experience and they came back with a nice victory. Nothing less than expected though. We drew Ross County in the 3rd round.

League
*Lost screenshot*

Still to lose after 4 league games. I'll take it!

Transfers from around the world:-
View attachment 351420View attachment 351421
Some big names jumped around - Kaka, Perotti, Ben Arfa to name a few! Fletcher moving to AC Milan was a weird one.

Transfers from within the SPL -
View attachment 351419
The majority of transfers was of those leaving the SPL. St Mirren received a nice fee for Reilly and Inverness for Shinnie. Hibs were the biggest spenders after signing Rangers wonderkid Barrie McKay for 200k. Celtic surprisingly adding only Cameron Stewart on loan from Hull, they sold no one big either.

Other news:
Steve Kean joined Aberdeen as head of youth development!
I was given the manager of the month award!

Last edited:
September

2Q==

James McFadden joins the Dons

We see off Ross County and we're onto the Quarter finals off the league cup
Undefeated in all competitions - beat that Mr. Stonecold ;)

Aberdeen 2-2 St. Mirren
Hayes
Osbourne (p)

We went 1-0 down before rallying around and scoring two. St. Mirren spoiled the comeback with a fluky 91st minute goal which was a real kick in the teeth.

Inverness CT 1-3 Aberdeen
Anderson 2
Hayes

All our goals came in the second half and Anderson, our rock at the back and captain, was getting his head on everything - at the back and in the final third!
McFadden made his debut, Pawlett and Thomson returned from injury.

Aberdeen 1-1 Motherwell
Vernon

Disappointing. We managed to grab an equaliser in the last 20 minutes, I thought we'd manage to grab a winner but it wasn't to be!

LC 3rd Round
Aberdeen 2-0 Ross County
Hayes
Vernon (p)

Played a lot of youngsters but kept many of my better players so we could look to go through and we did! Quite an easy comfortable win, a very nice piece of football lead to the first goal.

We draw Dunfermline in the Quarter Finals.

Aberdeen 2-0 Hibernian
Hayes
Considine

Hayes continued to play really well as we dissected the team from Edinburgh.

League:
*forgot screenshot*

Sitting top is a nice feeling, doubt it will last but we can hope and dream!​

Great start to the season!! Celtic must be slipping up a fair bit. KIU pal

October
images

Dundee United thrash us in the first New Firm game of the season
League Cup run continues onto the semi's - only to be faced with a tough task
Youth facilities to be upgraded - Milne does good for once (Even though I had to push him)
View attachment 351941

Kilmarnock 1-3 Aberdeen
Milsom 2
Pawlett 1

A good game where we played real good football - for SPL standards. Thomson got himself sent off stupidly and they made it 2-1, I began to worry they'd make a comeback but Pawlett put that idea to bed quickly.

Langfield appeared in his 200th game for the club

Dundee United 4-1 Aberdeen
McFadden

With several players suspended and injured we had a weakened team as we took on Dundee United in the New Firm! I expected as much. A weakened side took on an incredibly strong Dundee United side who topple us at the top in an embarrassing defeat. First defeat as well - a real kick in the teeth.

Chris Clark came on to make his 225th league appearance for Aberdeen.
Robert Milsom made his 50th appearance for the Dons.

Aberdeen 1-1 Dundee
Milsom

We welcomed the other half of Dundee to Pittodrie and we played utterly useless. We wasted chances and gave the ball away constantly. With Celtic finding their feet and Dundee United looking stronger then ever we could not afford to throw 2 points away at home to Dundee!

First sacking of the season comes 11 games in!
Hibernian say goodbye to Mr Fenlon

Hibs were sitting 9th and had just lost 3-0 to Motherwell. Bizarre!

League Cup Quarter Final
Aberdeen 1-0 Dunfermline
Shaughnessy

Again, a game where I sent out a few youngsters along with my usual experienced side. The game was an awful watch but Shaughnessy's goal was a nice volley which was good on the eyes! Onto the semi's!

We were drawn against Celtic. ****** fantastic.
The other semi-final will be St. Mirren against Dundee United!

League
View attachment 351942
View attachment 351942
Celtic look like they'll run away with it as they begin picking up points.
(Not sure if uploaded - being awkward)

October player of the month:
*jonny Hayes*
View attachment 351943
He's had a good month, scoring a few and setting up a couple.​

Getting money out of Milne is like getting blood from a turnip

Not sure if it's the same with everyone but screenshots aren't showing up for me? Other than that, cracking story! Yet to venture into doing another SPL team cause I just end up going Celtic! Might give Hibs a whack though.

Bad News...

As I previously mentioned I was getting a new computer, after trying to upload the save online and redownloading it turns out the save won't work.

So, I will be starting a new long-term story / save.

Ideas;

• [*=center]Pentagon Challenge
    [*=center]Journeyman
    [*=center]Liverpool
    [*=center]Sir Alex Ferguson Emulation
    [*=center]SPL team

Will have a new post made up tonight with my destination! Ideas welcome.​