Mr_Grieves

Reaction score

Aberdeen 2020
Where else is there to start?

afc.jpg

After a rough 2019 which was i considered the easiest and least enjoyable game in the series was back in 2020 with the game looking very promising for long term saves with any level of the team.

Every year Aberdeen is my go to team but to start with it was not looking likely as i struggled to find players to sign on our budget then it came to me. I have a laptop that is not 12 years old so i can add more depth to the database over 35k players rather than the 13k we had on the database.

Manager's Ambitions
My dream is to win the Champions Leauge with Aberdeen that's the main target Not done it in the past two saves. Yeah so that may take a while so to start with i'd take European place and the chance to test out my squad and try some bargain youths from around the world. SPL title or being the leagues best team by 2022 is my short term goal.

Scotland

Scotland_national_football_team_logo_2014.svg.png

I've also taken the national team job as well. Not waiting around to be told im up to the task while Steve Clarke farts about with the job. and we cycle through 2nd rate managers.
Shall get the game underway tomorrow hope you all enjoy and i hope i can bring much-needed success from this ever failing team.

SeasonLeagueScottish CupLeague CupEuropePlayer of the Year
2019/20Winner5th RoundFinalist - CelticEuropa League 4th Qualifying roundRyan Hedges
2020/213rd4th RoundRunner UpEuropa League Last 16Pelayo Morilla
2021/222ndWinnerWinnerEuropa League Semi-FinalsScott McKenna
2022/23Winner5th RoundWinnerEuropa League 2 Semi-FinalsFaustino Anjorin
2023/24WinnerWinnerWinnerChampions League Last 16Marcus Sheldon
2024/25WinnerWinnerWinnerChampions League Quarter-FinalsHernan Arca
2025/262ndWinnerWinnerChampions League Last 16Hernan Arca
2026/27WinnerWinnerRunner UpChampions League - WINNEREnder Ceylan
2027/28WinnerWinnerWinnerChampions League Quarter-FinalsWalter Pisano
2028/29WinnerFinalist - CelticWinnerChampions League Quarter-finalsWalter Pisano
2029/30WinnerWinnerWinnerChampions League WinnerRichard Ivings
2030/31WinnerWinnerWinnerChampions League last 16Richard Ivings
2031/32WinterWinterWinnerChampions League Runner UpAlexander Daza
2032/33

Scotland
2019-2024

Euro 2020 - Quarter Finals
World Cup 2022 - Group Phase
Euro 2024 - Group Phase

Spain
2032 -

Olympics 2032 - WInner

Trophy Cabinet
10 SPL
9 5cottish Cup
11 League Cups
2 Champions League
1 European Super Cup,

----Aberdeen 500 Club----
1 Willie Miller 797
2 Alex McLeish 693
3 Bobby Clark 595
4 Stewart McKimmie 559
5 Jim Leighton 535

Current Over 300
461 Marcus Sheldon
421 - Scott McKenna

----Aberdeen Top Scorers----
** 1 Marcus Sheldon 322
2 Joe Harper 205
** 3 - Richard Ivings 184
4 Matt Armstrong 155
5 George Hamilton 153

Last edited:

Pre Season 2019/20

Transfers
all transfers.png

We raised over £500K from friendlys and we spent all of it

4 transfers and two free's make up my first moves at the club.

Jack Byrne
in byrne.png

Possibly the best under £200k player from the start. Should be the long term replacment for McGinn but can play both sides and will get plenty of chances based on how good he was in FM19 alone.

3 Easer European u21 will all get there fair shot at 1st team football this season havong cost money it would be unlikely they play less than 50% of our matches. Unless they totally flop.

Free's
free 1.png

free 2.png

Fernando Tissone might be one of the best players in the SPL despite hitting 33 years old. He's a upgrade on Shinnie and for only £5k a week i think this will be a grate move for the club if he can give Dean Campbell some of his intuition. Ricardo Campos is total gamble. Will be our 4/5th striker in the squad but if he can reach his potential he may lead the line in the next few years.

No major outgoings but we clear a pile of depth/wage burdens.

Europa League Fixtures
Euro fix.png

We are throught the first 2 rounds with little issues, Ruzomberok should have been easier but a familure face in Rijeka await in the 3rd round

Squad
squad 1.png

squad 2.png

Four 5* potential players in the squad will be what we build around in the next few years but we'll be phasing them in slowly thus season with a plans on starting them all in 2020/21. Tissone & Byrne join and are instantly the best players in there positions.

August

We fall a Joe Lewis penalty short of the Europa League group phase despite a thriling comeback against Sweds Malmo. When it comes down to the keepers you know the games testing you.

Fixtures
Fix.png

Not a bad start. Drew our opening game with Motherwell but a comfortable win at Hearts and at home to Rangers leaves St Mirren as the only side with a perfect record after 3 games.

SPL Table
SPL.png

Europe
CL playoff 9-8 pens.png

It was a hard slog to get all the way to an 11th penalty against one of Swedens finest but falling just short mean we can hopfully chase all 3 domestic trophys but a big blow to the finances & youth progression.​

The europa league may hit you in the pocket and stop other players being aware of Aberdeen but at least can focus on the league and maybe stops other teams becoming aware of any of your players?

September

We come up big with 4 wins and 4 clean sheets

Fixtures
fix.png

Youngster Vidosavjilvic starts the month with the winning goal at Ross County as well as a goal at St Mirren. Livingston, Hamiltom and KIlmarnock are all bottom half sides in terms of quality but it was a nice month to settle in my best 11 with tougher days ahead in October.

SPL Table
SPL.png

Best of all were top of the table. Celtic were held to a second draw on the year at Motherwell who have made a sneaky good start.​

October

The dream start has two huge highlights first a 3-0 win at Parkhead, tied for our biggest league win of the season. This was in the middle of an amazing 10 game run of clean sheets. So we have ourselfs a underdog tactic but a 0-0 draw with Hibs and some close calls against the smaller teams shows there is plenty work to do with the tactics.

Fixtures
SPL fix.png

This is no more evident than when a 0-0 draw at home to Hibs. We dominated the game but the shots on target being under 50%. St Johnstone was the same story except we did grab a goal early on from Jack Byrne that made all the difference before St Johnstone had 2 men sent off in the second half. Sounds familure? We ended October with another squeeqy 1 goal win at Hamilton. Sandwiched between these games was our clear highpoint of the season so far a 3-0 win at Parkhead. James Wilson gave us a early lead before a Sam Cosgrove double from the penalty spot set up the result that gets us back on top.

SPL Table
SPL Table.png

11 games in and were still unbeaten but its Rangers who are one point behind with Celtic regularly dropping points 5 points further back. Winless Livingston sack Gary Holt

Scotland
September & October
sco fix.png

Not sure whats going on with the fixtures and results, must have not set them to be in real life at the start up but we have a shot of qualifying with Belgium unrealistically dropping points all over the shop. WE could hardly of started better drawing 1-1 with Russia at Hampden with Andy Robertson getting the goal. A far more routine win at home to Cyprus. A defeat to Belgium all but ends our chances of a top 2 finish. Belgium won 3-0 helped by Scott McTominay's red card 4 minutes into the game. Our second game in Kazakhstan had more eerie reminders of the past as the Kazakhs went 2-0 up. We fought back this time to keep us mathmatically involved.

sco table.png

November

Fixtures
fix.png

Quiet month with the big International break in the middle. Motherwell are proving to be a tough side to beat for us anyway but the win against Hearts was not enough to keep us top of the table. We get a chance to get that spot back at Ibrox in the first game of December.

Not that there was much to choose from but the League Cup semi final was the best match of the season for edge of the seat entertainment. Youngster Vidosavljevic scored first and last in a game we had to come from behind to win in extra time.
Hearts cup.png

SPL Table
SPL.png

Celtic were back on form to close that gap while Rangers take advantage of our draw at Motherwell to go top. Livingstons form does not Improve.

Scotland
Scot table.png

We finished 2 points behind Russia in the end despite starting in a great spot we couldnt overcome the mega powers of the group.​

Attachments

• Hearts cup.png
    Hearts cup.png
    321.9 KB · Views: 159
  • Scot table.png
    Scot table.png
    307.9 KB · Views: 111
What kind of formation we working with here boss? I managed to wangle a crafty little 5-2-3 formation with the lads, insane how a team can perform when not asked to play the long ball and play a fancy formation..

FM base isn't FM base without a Stonecold and/or Klippybo Aberdeen save.. Been a staple for years now and the one in 2013 was the save that made me sign up to this place! I'd go as far to say (for me) the FM13 30 season masterclass is the most iconic save that's been on here. Might be a bit biased being a Dandy myself though.

What kind of formation we working with here boss? I managed to wangle a crafty little 5-2-3 formation with the lads, insane how a team can perform when not asked to play the long ball and play a fancy formation..

FM base isn't FM base without a Stonecold and/or Klippybo Aberdeen save.. Been a staple for years now and the one in 2013 was the save that made me sign up to this place! I'd go as far to say (for me) the FM13 30 season masterclass is the most iconic save that's been on here. Might be a bit biased being a Dandy myself though.

Cant Fault your taste!

I usually play around with a few tactics but not got anything im really happy with. Not got a tactic that scores as much as i like while keeping the back door shut so the one i'm using just now is decent with Aberdeen for tougher games but can lead to 0-0 and 1-1 draws because its not clinical enough.

tactic.png

Would use a DMC for tougher games and usually do something with the positions like the wingers, and strikers that i make based on who is in the team and who we are playing.

Last edited:

League Cup Final 2019

Aberdeen vs Celtic
CUp line ups.png

We were full strength after Wednesday game till the injury bug hit loosing Shay Logan, Dean Campbell and John Gallaghers loan ending. Celtic left a few stars on the bench like Eduardo

Aberdeen 0-1 Celtic
cup result.png

Heartbreak for our unbeatable side. Of all the games to loose for the first time. Not like we didnt have our chances with our wingers tearing Celtic appart. They went ahead not long after going down to 10 men but the real heartbreak came on the 91st minute when a Greg Leigh equaliser was offside. He it stood then extra time was ours for the taking with a knackered Celtic on there knees.​

December

A Champ Manager legend looses his job
kerr sack.png

We get a cash investment so will get around £1m, most will go to fix our wage deficite.
Jan cash.png

Fixtures
Fix.png

We immediatly snatched top spot from Rangers thrashing them at Ibrox. We then repeted the score with Ross County and Kilmarnock. We stumbled into the winter break with tight wins over St Mirren & Hamilton but dropping points to Hibs after going down to 10 men then twice loosing the lead to Celtic who are now our closest rivals.

SPL Table
SPL.png

We end 2019 unbeaten and top of the table after 20 games. Celtic are only 2 points behind now and Rangers despite dropping points are only 3 points behind. Bottom two look set as well.

We get some December Scotland news as Dembele announces he wants to play for Scotland, Just not the Dembele i wanted.
WRONG DEMBELE.png

Also we get Finland in the first play-off round.​

January

The Brexiters win! THis will make the save so much easier for picking up players across Europe as the save goes on.
EU.png

Fixtures
Fix.png

Our under 18s kicked off with a tight win over East Fife a game that looked like it could get out of hand many times. We got back to league action with 3 wins in a row starting at St Johnstone, We kept it up beating the tough as nails Motherwell side and ended the month with a 2-0 win at 10 men Hearts.

SPL Table
SPL.png

Celtic stay right on our tails while Rangers have the chance to close the gap to 3 points as we again start the month against them again.

January Transfers
all transfers.png

In
5 players join from a Real Madrid youngster & a goalkeeper i used to buy on Champ Manager 01/02

Greg Leigh - DL
leigh confromerd.png

A future fee of £100k will eventually bring back a multi time profit when he's sold on.

Cesar Gelabert - MC
gelbert in.png

Not sure if he is going to be as close to brilliant as the last few years games gut at £54k in the SPL it cant go wrong.

Hitcham Khaloua - AT
hitcham.png

It's deadline day and i had £500k burning my pocket so i hunted through hundreds of players trying to strike a few deal however with rediculous offers only 1 player remaind. The greatest player in my lifetime at Pittodrie was Hicham Zeroali so there's a lot of emotion in bringing in this 24 year old Moroccan who will challenge the current 3 frontmen.

Dani Morer - D/MR - LOAN
barca loane.png

A solid Barca B player can fill in a few positions. Overpaid for a loan but with a title push in my sights we need depth.

Albano Bizzarri - GK
GK BLiazard.png

A top notch back up in Champ Manager 01/02 and thats how he'll be in 2019. He'll be nothing but a sub for emergancies but much cheeper than Cerny

Out
More wage hoggers are removed from the squad. Frank Ross and Bruce Anderson return from loans and are immediatly sold. Ash Taylor, Stephen Gleeson and Tomas Cerny were not playing so the were moved on to finance future deals while Ojo moves out on loan with a potential future fee.

World Transfers
JAN transfers.png

Well the French have a lot of money!

SPL Transfers
SPL transfers.png

Celtic also make a big move while Rangers just loose stars.​

Feburary

4 wins in a row in the SPL but its not all good news

Fixtures
FIx.png

I like good news so we'll start with a 3-1 win at home to Rangers with two red cards for the most unwashed of our biggest rivals. Straight forward wins against basement dwellers Ross County, Livingston & St Mirren keeps ths ship sailing in the league. Which is all we have to shoot for after a utter collapse at Hamilton ending our cup run far too early. I would rather focus on a leauge title so this is not devestating.

SPL Table
SPL.png

Were still unbeaten while Celtic were held at Motherwell, Told you they were a tough side to play! It helps us move 4 points clear while Rangers are now hoping we both have a dodgy run as they fall 6 points behind us and have played a game more​

March

Fixtures
Dons fix.png

Huge result at Parkhead to offset our two goaless draws. Kilmarnock & Livinston were the two straight forwards wins while we struggled against the top 6. One game to the split

SPL Table
SPL.png

The Dons are 6 games away from a SPL title in season 1! WE go into the last 6 games with a 6 point lead and we are still unbeaten. A month ago i'd have taken a result against one of the old firm and try win out over the other 3. Not so after our struggles infront of goal. Joe Lewis up to 23 clean sheets!

Youth Intake
youth Esson.png
youth J Stewart.png
youth MacAskill.png

The 3 stand outs are headed by the rebirth of former Dons GK Ryan Esson who is now a center back. He's the one stand out!

Scotland
Two games to make it to Euro 2020! Lets do it!

Playoff 1st round
Scotland vs Finland
Sco finland.png

This was as easy as i expected. We waltzed into a 3 goal lead and then pushed the breaks to save some gas for the final match with Serbia in only 3 days.

Playoff 2nd Round
Scotland vs Serbia
Sco Serbia.png

Leigh Griffiths fires Scotland to EURO 2020. Would you believe it if i told you he had 7 chances from the penalty spot and despite only scoring 3 of them the final one in the 94th minute of extra time was good enough to secure our spot with Europes top 24 teams. The group draw will be in April.

Euro 2020 Group Draw
group D SCO.png

Glamour tie with England. Ukraine and Sweden are two teams we might manage a result against!​

Great league performance mate, looking good at the top!

Surprised at all the French money being spent, didn't know they were so rich!

Great league performance mate, looking good at the top!

Surprised at all the French money being spent, didn't know they were so rich!

Except PSG i didn't think there was. Lyons cash came from Marseille but no idea why there so rich or why the other nations bought nobody.

Championship Group Split

Celtic 3-2 Aberdeen
1 Celtic.png

We start with our toughest match and have the toughest of results. Leading with 7 minutes to go Daniel Arzani came off the bench to score the equalizer and then set up Scott Brown for the dramatic winner. Not the best time for our first league defeat of the season.

Table
1 table.png

The gaps down to 3 points and Celtic have a big goal differnece advantage. Rangers win at Hearts to stay in the hunt.

Aberdeen 3-0 Hearts
2 hearts.png

Thats much better! Hearts offered no resistance and led by Ryan Hedges who's been superb while the other wingers have been injured!

Table
2 table.png

And even better Celtic's hard fought victory is for nothing as they loose 1-0 at Easter road and are again 6 points behind. Rangers are now only 7 points behind but have to to win there next match against us at Ibrox. Hardly fair having us away to both the old firm teams.

Rangers 0-0 Aberdeen
3 Rangers.png

One of the more interesting goaless games of the season. Celtic took advantage with a 2-0 win at St Johnstone and are the only side that can stop the Dons who can secure the title with 1 more win.

Table
3 table.png

Rangers are out of it we have out last home game of the season against St Johnstone. We have to win it at home!

Aberdeen 3-1 St Johnstone
4 St Johnstone.png

We did it! It wasnt pretty but this was all about the result. We controlled the whole game and despite pulling a goal back it was just for the drama. Really

Table
4 Table.png

Its official guys!

Final game
Hibs 4-3 Aberdeen
5 HIBS.png

We played a pile of u19s and back ups and they came up just short for our 2nd defeat of the year.

Livingston will play QOTS in the playoffs.
5 table and match.png

Congrats on winning the title mate! Especially in the first season. Told you getting knocked out of Europe so early was a blessing ;)