Aberdeen v Rangers

Reaction score

WERE Pittodrie Stadium

WHEN
Sunday 26 September 1245 BST

NEWS

Aberdeen look set to hand a first start to 18-year-old Ryan Jack with just 14 first team players free of injury.
Captain Paul Hartley joins Sone Aluko, Peter Pawlett and Fraser Fyvie on the sidelines with on-loan Andrius Velicka ineligible to face his parent club.
James Beattie returns from a hip problem for Rangers but Maurice Edu is a doubt with a knee knock.
A groin problem kept Nikica Jelavic out of training on Friday but the striker is expected to be fit.

Aberdeen manager Mark McGhee:
"
On the back of going through in the cup and getting a home draw, everyone is up, so it's a good time to be playing Rangers at home. "I think that Rangers are playing really well at the moment. Walter (Smith) has been talking it down but they have scored 11 goals in two games - Kenny Miller is on fire.
"We will have to defend better than we have done in the last few games. Otherwise the game will be over before it is started.
"We will have to be organised and determined and defend as a team. We will have to put out a team to cope with the strength of Rangers.
"We believe that with Scott Vernon in the team we have the chance of a goal."

Rangers goalkeeper Allan McGregor:
"I'm not quite sure why it's such a difficult place to go to.
"When teams outside the Old Firm go to Pittodrie the crowds are not as big and the atmosphere is not as intense, so perhaps the players find it more difficult to get up for those games.
"We haven't won up there for a long time. Hopefully we can this weekend."

Rangers (from): McGregor, Whittaker, Papac, Weir, Bougherra, Davis, McCulloch, Edu, Naismith, Weiss, Miller, Jelavic, Beattie, Broadfoot, Little, Hutton, Alexander.
Aberdeen (from): Langfield, Ifil, Diamond, Considine, Vujadinovic, McArdle, Folly, Young, Hartley, Jack, Vernon, Maguire, Megginson, Mackie, Magennis, Paton, Shaughnessy, Howard.
MY RESULT ABERDEEN 0 RANGERS 2 MILLER AND JELAVIC

MY RANGERS TEAM
McGregor

Whittaker

Weir c

Bougherra

Papac

Weiss

Davis

McCulloch

Naismith

Jelavic

Miller

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to put a result which may shock people

I think Rangers will win. Call me crazy
/wink

/wink

lol i would never have thought of that aberdeen only got just 14 first team players free of injury.<)

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

You need to aswell as Celtic are now 1st
if we win we go to top ;)

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

btw i hope this is good enough my first football thread :)

yes its a good match thread for your first try

also put a space between pitodrie and where :)

/wink
that is actually a shock, rangers havent won at pittodrie since 2007, Aberdeen are looking good this year, finally got a half decent striker in vernon. oh and by the way i went to school with ryan jack the 18 year old debutant :D

RANGERS 0-0 ABERDEEN

That's how I see it and not just because I'm a Celtic fan. The atmosphere will definetly get to Jelavic and maybe Beattie, depending if Lafferty plays or not. There is a very strong possibility that Aberdeen could ****** it in the dying minutes, but I wouldn't expect a thriller.

RANGERS 0-0 ABERDEEN

That's how I see it and not just because I'm a Celtic fan. The atmosphere will definetly get to Jelavic and maybe Beattie, depending if Lafferty plays or not. There is a very strong possibility that Aberdeen could ****** it in the dying minutes, but I wouldn't expect a thriller.
we better not play 4-5-1 or i will go nuts we havent won there since walter smith has came back :O

we better not play 4-5-1 or i will go nuts we havent won there since walter smith has came back :O
To be honest, Rangers should leave the 4-5-1 'till Valencia come around. I'd expect Walter Smith to field a 4-4-2, or maybe even a 4-3-3 and go for the jugular early. If that doesn't happen, then Rangers could be in some trouble.

I reckon ...
Aberdeen 1 - 2 Rangers
Hartley Miller, Lafferty

Right, we're smashing them today, I'm confident, and I'm going for a big, bold, 4-0 :D

Wish to change your prediction Ka5a8ian?

Aberdeen 1-0 (18 mins played)

3-2 Jelavic ( like15mins ago now:p)

Kenny Miller has been outstanding
think he's scored like 10 goals in 6 games

7 mins left