Aboubakar vs Icardi vs Jovic

• Thread starter Thread starter skyfall
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 14K
For me, at least in my saves, Aboubakar is hit and miss. Sometimes he goes to a team like Arsenal and tears up the Premier League or he turns out ***** wherever he goes. In my current save he moved to Bayern. They got rid of him after a season to PSG, who then got rid of him right away too for under £5m.
Icardi is a goal machine but his mentals such as teamwork and work rate really put me off. He can also be very inconsistent, particularly when he's still at Inter.
Jovic turns into a monster. Probably the most complete striker out of the lot after a few years and probably the cheapest so i'd have to say he is the best from what i've seen in my saves, but you'll have to wait a bit longer for an impact as he is very young.

I can get Icardi for 62 mil E from City and Jovic for 26 in the summer of 2017.

Icardi went to Liverpool on my current save for £21M in the 2nd season, I am now on my 5th season and he is available for £2.1M, he is very hit and miss.
Aboubakar, I am yet to see anything from him at all, from memory I think he went to Chelsea on one save and did OK.
Jovic without fail always becomes the next best striker in the world, often wins Euro Golden Boy and normally goes to Man U and scores for fun.

Simone Zaza or Icardi.

Aboubakar is African and will leave for AFCON and **** like that.

I love Simone Zaza, even he has a lower potential than those two, is quite cheap in first season and he score constantly. I bought him for my Burnley and helped me to win Premiere League.

Aboubakar's performance depends on what training you give him. He need a lot of improvement for first touch. If you can make him 14 first touch he will score tones. The problem is that training results are very inconsistent. In one of my saves he gets first touch 13 after 4 months of individual training with focus on first touch, in another save he couldn't get any improvement even after an year. You need at least a 4 stars coach for ball control.

I never tried Icardi, but my opinion is he has too low flair to be a real beast and his low professionalism will not help him either.

Vincent Aboubakar was a monster for Juventus in my Fiorentina save, I think he's scored about 58 league goals over two seasons. I bought Simone Zaza from Barca in the 4th season and played him as a lone striker but he didn't deliver if I'm honest. No matter what role I played him he was too inconsistent, but I'm also by no means a tactical genius.

If you're looking for a cheap option I'd say go for Ezequiel Rescaldani. He can play a good number of roles and scores with both feet. His CA isn't very high but he's got me around 25 goals in his first season when he was initially my 4th choice striker. He always seems to be good on FM and has been for the last few years, usually turns out to be great.:)

I have Icardi, Zaza and Berardi Dybala (AF + CF s)

Due to constant injuries they all get their share of playtime and all perform very well, Dybala is inconstant tho.

Babacar is also a backup striker and he does well in the time he gets.

[h=2]Aboubakar - Can be great but is an argumentative git & will be knocking at the door if not always playing. For me he got injured two African Nations Cups in a row!

Icardi - A complete monster, but unless you are a huge club with loads of do-ray-me, you'll never know.

Jovic - Takes a good while to get going but often become an elite footballer.
[/h]
Frankly I would not swap either Beradi or as a progression player.... Solanke of Chelsea.

Jovic is cheaper and younger,Aboubakar is a goal machine,Icardi is meh,i prefer Jovic...

CobraUK - How much is Carlos Fierro setting you back? They always want silly money when I try (70-80m).

Who is better?

Scout them all. I'd say that Aboubaker has the best chance of making an immediate impact. However he is usually pretty expensive as well. One consideration, is that if you play in a league with foreigner restrictions, Icardi counts as an Italian international (EU citizen) which is very helpful. Aboubakar will be counted as a foreigner.

Jovic has the upside to be a very good player in the future, but starting out as a 16 year old, he won't join your side for another 2 seasons, and might take another 2 seasons of development before making an impact depending on the level of your league.

Aboubakar is about the best F9 in the game. I bought him at Arsenal and he forced me to sell Giroud. In the 2nd season he made more then 50 goals for me. He was better then 1 goal per match.

Only CR, Lewandowski and probably Messi are better F9's.

Jovic is the best young striker in the game for me, in some saves he can literally have all around stats to be unstoppable. I have seen him do 100 + goals a season and for me was the all time Italian goalscoring record holder. He broke every single goal scoring record there was it's pretty easy, Luka Jovic.

I think if you want to get the best out of him i would train him from the start of the game and get him on some heavy training. He can play any of the role's up front but i really got the best out of him training him in strength and quickness and playing him as a target man.

Back