ManUTD_Ftw

Reaction score
I have read a lot of threads that talk about current ability and potential ability with numbers ranging from 0 to 200. But i don't know how they find out these numbers for the players and is it possible that i can find out the numbers exactly for me regens?
Because in my game it only uses the star based system and some 4 star potential players slowly become worse and end up being 3 stars or even 2.5 stars. so how can i find out what they will be like at there full potential?

It sound like what you want is genie scout.

The star rating is based on your assistant/ scouts opinion of the player, it will fluctuate throughout the season.

PA isn't a god, the key thing are really the staring stats. For example, i once had a 170 PA regen defender, but he started with 20 tackling/marking. After few years of training it was best defender i've ever had.

For non-regen example, Cavani is widely considered the best striker, while he is "only" 170ish PA.

Last edited:
PA isn't a god, the key thing are really the staring stats. For example, i once had a 170 PA regen defender, but he started with 20 tackling/marking. After few years of training it was best defender i've ever had.

For non-regen example, Cavani is widely considered the best striker, while he is "only" 170ish PA.

So are you telling me the scouts star system doesnt really matter but i should look at the stats of them myselves

u have to use geine scout or fmrte to inspect in detail.

like in arsenal segre gnaby is rated 4 stars but his real PA is at
in the start of the game, while ramsey is also rated 4 stars, and has a PA of

so yeah the PA stars fluctuate time to time (and it seems that they are trolling you :p :trolllol: )

Coach stars are based on reputation of your club, coaches ability to judge ability/ potential, how long player has been at club/ performances (good performances often lead to coaches rating current/ potential higher ive found). CA and PA are the cold hard numbers, coach reports are the ingame way of showing them - thered be no fun/ realism in the game if it just says "Aaron Ramsay has a potential of 200/200" or whatever

Genie Scout will tell you the Ca/ PA and if I remember correctly has a feature to show you their attributes once they're at max potential (or possible attributes, injuries/ tutoring/ training focus can change that)

another strange thing you'll find is if u find a regen with a good pa via genie scout, and in the game, the scouts give him a low rating, dont worry . its beacuse the surrounds he is living in.

that situation is common for obscure regens, like recently, i found an Liberian regen with 170ish PA, but my best scouts give him 2 starts.

same thing happens to my Gabonese regen back in fm11, a 193PA regen was rated 1 star by my best scout :p

So are you telling me the scouts star system doesnt really matter but i should look at the stats of them myselves

It does matter , but as guys above said, star ratings are relative, while stats themselves are set in stone. 15 is PL level, 16 is wordclass, 20 is God. So in an essence, if you have 2 regens that can improve by 2 stars, but one is already worldclass in few skills, choosing better of the two should be obvious.