Absolutely devastated here (takeover)

Reaction score
I got the message (for the first time ever!) that I will be getting taken over by some former player, so obviously i'm happy and can't wait to hopefully push the La Liga title for Villarreal.

I'm currently on a 6 game unbeaten run and lie 4th in La Liga, 1 point behind both Barcelona, Real madrid and the unbeaten Almeria....

The next message I get says that the consortium will replace me with Martin O'Neill, is there anyway I can change their mind or am I officially out of the job?

have they offcially taken over yet ? sometimes they say that but give you a chance to prove yourself

Nah, they always say it but never go through with it. Well, they do, but not all the time.

No the transfer embargo has just been put on my club, I will be gutted if i lose this job as i am starting to enjoy my time here and I really don't want to be signing onto the dole the next morning ^^)

It's just gossip from the press.
They give you a chance to prove yourself 95% of the time.

Doubt you will lose your job mate it happens a lot. But if you have done a good job they will say the support you have from fans and staff they decided to keep you on.

^^Good to hear.

I did get knocked out the Champions league so let's hope the game doesn't realise this :D

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:33 PM ----------

It didn't go through haha.

Happened to me at Roma. Some ******* wanted to replace me for Obinna. They did make the takeover, but here didnt fire me since i was 1st in Serie A, and in the Europa League QF.

i started an llm save
i got a job at bromley and drew my first game 2-2
next day the club get taken over and they sack me to replace me with their own manager
:mad:

If you only played one game, just add a new manager..