No7Lukeee

Reaction score
I'm playing as Liverpool, Just finished my second season and finished second in the league, Losing out on first through goal difference. I'm just about to start my third season and a couple of players are demanding new contracts.

Now I'm quite happy to offer them new contracts because most of them are key players and feature in my future plans. Take Bernard as an example,

I got him for 17M from Shakthar as he was unhappy, He had a fairly decent season as you can see.

e3lU02X.jpg

He demanded a new contract after I declined an offer from Arsenal for him, I was fine with that cause he's in my plans, However, He then went on to demand 140k per week.

Keep in mind he's currently on 45k a week and my highest paid player is currently 60k per week, And he's demanding more than double that.

Another example would be Vitinho, Whom I signed on a free after his contract at CSKA expired.

fzSmUoY.jpg

He, Again had a fairly decent first season with me. So I didn't mind him demanding a new contract, Until I saw he was demanding 120k per week, Again that's double my highest paid player. He's currently on 40k a week, I don't know how anyone can expect that big of a pay rise after one decent season.

And here's the main one I was most annoyed about.

Julian Draxler, I was looking to bring him in as a potential replacement for Bernard for his silly wage demands. I offered Draxler's release clause of 38.5M. I was excited, But as soon as we reached contract negotiations I soon became angry.

Draxler demanded in excess of 160k per week. I was definitely not accepting that, So eventually he signed for Bayern on a 85k per week contract

m1Ba7FN.jpg

Demands more than 160k from me but signs for Bayern for 85k a week? I don't know weather the fact that he preferred to play for Bayern made him bring his demands down by over 70k but it's pretty annoying.

I'm completely stuck on what to do with Bernard and Vitinho, They're both unhappy and have both requested a transfer because I'm not happy with their demands and can't bring them any lower.

Any suggestions would be great?

Last edited:
Also playing as Liverpool, but haven't encountered this problem. Of course, the players will ask for higher wages after your team enjoys success, and even more so when big teams are making offers for them. This is why I always sign players on very long contracts, especially in the start of the game. This way I know I can keep them on the same wages for at least 4 years.

I just had a lot of players (around 10 of my first team squad) needing contract renewals as their current contracts were about to run out the following years. So again I tried to sign them for as long as possible. I was very close to selling Coutinho as he demanded around 135k p/w, but after warning to transfer list him, and eventually actually listing him, I managed to bring it down to 100k p/w.

I managed to keep the overall wages to around 1.5m p/w up until this last transfer window (2017). But since so many players had contracts running out in 2018, the total wages are now close to 2.1m p/w. I still have 3 teams above me in the salary per annum overview, with Spurs and Arsenal spending just slightly less than me. I think that's acceptable considering I'm dominating the league and CL.

View attachment 457474View attachment 457475

So my tip would be the following:
1. When first signing players you know will be first team/key players for you, try signing them on 5 year contracts without yearly wage rise.
2. Keep your players on their contracts until 1 year before it runs out. If they demand new contracts before this, always reject their requests. I still haven't been forced to sell a player I didn't want to sell.
3. If they demand too high wages when negotiating new contracts, don't give in to their demands unless you feel they're absolutely worth it. I gave in to Lamela's 135k p/w demand because he's an absolute beast, but I still have just 4 players on 100k p/w or more. If their demands are ridiculous, sell them. Almost all players are replacable.

As for Bernard, I can see you're in 2015 and his contract lasts for another 4 years! Why on earth would you give him a new one? Simply reject his requests. If he becomes unhappy, play your backup for a few games and slowly reintroduce him into the starting eleven. If he demands a transfer, accept his request but reject all offers. Eventually he'll ask to be removed from the transfer list.

Summa summarum: Be a hardass, show you're the boss and they're your petty minions.