Jackkflash

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am sure you are all aware of the struggles this sleeping giant is going through, although they have made some progression under Gattuso.

I read an article recently that explained that although strong defensively they do not provide enough support nor deploy the correct tactics going forward.

Higuain is a gem in the box and isn't being utilized in the correct manner to produce his magic. The article suggested Milan need to stretch the opposition defence in order to give Higuain the room to produce, but playing the likes of Suso who cuts in compresses the opposition defence. This in turn choking the much needed room for Higuain to operate.

Now the simple way to resolve this is to play a basic 4-4-2 or a 4-2-3-1, but I don't like playing the simplistic yet solid 4-4-2 nor do I like the idea of playing Higuain on his own. I want to combine him with speed, energy and determination! I want Higuain to be the legend Milan deserve! I want him to show other strikers the way to become a gem!

But how?

I have, with great deliberation, decided on 4-2-1-3 with three strikers not wingers, I want direct fast paced football, harass and harry the opponent, I want in their face football, sweeping moves transitioning defence to attack in seconds.
I would like to stretch the defence of the opposition with wingers but it doesn't feel right. Instead I want to drown them in an ocean wave of red and black. I want to swarm them like red and black killer bees. I want them lost in their own stadiums with no sight of escape!

I have already started clearing out dead weight and players that do not fit my new (and probably flawed) idea for AC Milan. So my transfer budget is overly healthy, I have started by bringing in Jemerson from Monaco to partner Romagnoli. I am looking at Berardi to play upfront with Higuain.

What I currently have is a predicament of who to buy where but also what can I attract? The Milan name doesn't seem to carry as much swagger as it used to. I need players who will get us to the next level and beyond! But who wants to lift a giant when they can ride on the shoulders of the ones currently standing?

I call on my fellow managers to hear my call (cry) for help as my sanity hangs by a thread. Please tell me this is not a waste of time. Please tell me I will help this Titan regain its former glory. Please tell me I know what I am doing! Please tell me anything!

Thank you all kind sirs, ladies and all who do not recognize those titles.

I would advise you not to go for Berardi. The guy can't finish his chances. He will squander a fair few, and that is not good enough if you want to aim high. Try Andrea Belotti instead. He is a great finisher and is also good in the air. I will also suggest that you buy a playmaker, since Milan need creativity in midfield. I would recommend signing Nicolo Barella for this position.

I would advise you not to go for Berardi. The guy can't finish his chances. He will squander a fair few, and that is not good enough if you want to aim high. Try Andrea Belotti instead. He is a great finisher and is also good in the air. I will also suggest that you buy a playmaker, since Milan need creativity in midfield. I would recommend signing Nicolo Barella for this position.

I was hoping to rely on Calhanoglu for a key to unlocking the parked buses that will block my path! I have attempted to purchase Barella but alas he does exceed my wealth!

Belotti is a great suggestion but does he play well with others or is he more maverick? For he would demand a great ransome!

in my opinion, Belotti would shine if he is used as a main goalscoring option in a multi-striker formation, or played as a lone striker. I think if Belotti is played as a Deep-Lying Forward, or a forward who is required to create, then he might struggle. (This is my opinion. I have only used Belotti as a lone forward, and he did a fine job for me in the advanced forward role.)

I personally would sign another playmaker, since you cannot rely on Calhanoglu alone. Since Barella is out of your financial reach, i would recommend some other playmaker(maybe Bruno Fernandes or even Ever Banega to give you a solid first season and then you can build your squad once you have more money available).

EDIT: Xeka is not bad as playmaker either. Also,Higuain is on loan from Juventus (i think), so you can replace Higuain with Belotti when he returns to Juventus.

Last edited:
Update!!!

I believe the recruitment process has gone well, thanks to my cohort Cookie1. I have amassed a troop worthy of champions league spots, which is a good start despite not being our overall objective!

Highlights are

Out

Suso £40m
Mussachio £11.5m
Bonaventura £25m
Rodriguez £13.25m

In

Tonali £4m
Jemerson £23.5m
Tierney £27.5m
Simeone £27m
Joao Felix £35.5m