SebastianRO

Reaction score
As I am big fan of AC Milan, I cannot stop thinking why AC Milan appeared in FM 2010 and now in FM 11 with such big debts. Actually, in real life, Milan has far less debt (about 50M) and in game it's about (500M). I wish to contact SI because I really need an answer. I pay every year for the game I love, so I think they can answer me. What do you think ? Is someone here who has the same "problem" as I do ?

I remember only that debt was almost cleared out by sale of Kaka, but dont know the situation now.

not used Ac milan yet on fm11, but on fm10 i used them for a while good team and good fun but the debt and lack of transfer funds annoyed me after a while:/

I know the situation, Milan has about 50 Mil euro debt. It really intrigues me that in game they have such a big amount of debt. For me, as a Milan fan, it's really frustrating to pay a large amount of money every mounth (in game).

Actually, I don't think this is the solution for this matter. I don't want to use editors or any tool to make the game realistic. It is supposed to reflect reality and the reality is that this club (AC Milan) has 10 times less debt than in game.

It is a fast way to remove any nuisances that you might encounter, nothing against.

you should post this on the si forums data thread, before they lock the date for the final patch

I see that you support Benfica. What if in FM 2012 you will see your club with 1 Bilion Euro debt ? Besides that it's not realistic, it would be bad for the club's image. I am not sure, but I think that in FM 2010, Barcelona had very little debt, or none at all, but in reality ... about 400 Milion Euro. I think that Sports Interactive should not take sides and I don't think it's hard to find the real debt of any club.

I see that you support Benfica. What if in FM 2012 you will see your club with 1 Bilion Euro debt ? Besides that it's not realistic, it would be bad for the club's image. I am not sure, but I think that in FM 2010, Barcelona had very little debt, or none at all, but in reality ... about 400 Milion Euro. I think that Sports Interactive should not take sides and I don't think it's hard to find the real debt of any club.

Barcelona is owned by its members , it's an anonimous society
Milan is owned by a sole group of bussinessmen , and like Southampton 2 - 3 seasons prior , the debts of the group are reflected on the club too

Although I'm not an AC Milan supporter and don't know a lot about Italian football, I have a feeling you're a bit biased in your evaluation of AC Milan's debt...I bet it's more than 50 million, and it probably depends a lot on how you measure it.

As for Barca, well they can count on getting bailed out by the government, so that's probably why FM chose not to give them a lot of debt in the game.

Don't bet that it's more than 50 Milion. Look in Forbes top 20 teams and you'll see that AC Milan it's not a club in debt. In 1 year maximum, AC Milan will be on profit, as always used to be.

Although I'm not an AC Milan supporter and don't know a lot about Italian football, I have a feeling you're a bit biased in your evaluation of AC Milan's debt...I bet it's more than 50 million, and it probably depends a lot on how you measure it.

As for Barca, well they can count on getting bailed out by the government, so that's probably why FM chose not to give them a lot of debt in the game.

They won't get bailed out by goverment , the big clubs in spain are made of " socios compromisarios " which means there's no real owner of the club , they run into debt constantly even when making a profit , Barça's debt is owed since the early 90's and Real Madrid has run on debt till they sold La Ciudad Deportiva

its like arsenal they make profit year after year yet they are still in debt on the game :/