Jcw92

Reaction score
Just started a game with Milan.

Not sure what to do, I'm a couple of days in and already made a couple of moves.

Out:

Robinho - 25m - Gets a 100k+ per weeker off the wage bill and gives me some money.
Mexes - 8m - Another huge chunk on the wage bill and decent fee for a 30+
Bonera - 1.8m - Another wage gone, small fee.
Pazzini - 400k per month - Loan to PSG, they pay 90% of wage too. Really dislike Pazzini.

Possible Ins:

Ben Arfa - Had a 14m offer accepted just incase I want him. Worth it? Should I play IF or Wingers?
Alderweireld - 8.5m - Desperately need a cb, and decent price. Should I play him BPD? Not confirmed but bid accepted.
Okore - 2.1m - Solid defender, will get better with age.
James Rodriguez - 13-16m - Should be available for that. Worth it? I really like him but again raises questions over what tactic. I can't find a good ACM tactic that works for me.
Insigne - 10-12m - Thinking of rotation with El Shar as I'll have a lot of games being in the CL.

Also willing to sell KP Boateng, should get around 13m for him.

So if anyone has any ideas about these positions (RB/LB rotation, CB, CM (adv P), AML, AMR (rotation), Striker (AF or other depending on tactic)) and opinions on players above please post :] A lot of positions but I would like some options.

Thinking of playing 4-2-1-2-1 with two holding DM and A and Adv P infront at CM. Not sure open to change on that.

Thanks.

Shouldn't of sold Robinho - he's quality AND I sold him for £35m in January of the second season!

What is your budget?

Shouldn't of sold Robinho - he's quality AND I sold him for £35m in January of the second season!

What is your budget?

His mental stats are terrible, i always sell him for about 18M...milan have enough strikers in 1st season ala el shaarawy, balotelli, niang, pazzini, bojan. More than enough specially if you play narrow formation.

His mental stats are terrible, i always sell him for about 18M...milan have enough strikers in 1st season ala el shaarawy, balotelli, niang, pazzini, bojan. More than enough specially if you play narrow formation.

I played him as an IF on the left, and he was one of my best players... and as I said, I sold him for alot to Juve after 18 months.

I played him as an IF on the left, and he was one of my best players... and as I said, I sold him for alot to Juve after 18 months.

Good business, but i have different management. I trust to young and talent players, wages are as low as possible.

Fans were definitely happy with selling one of the best players to one of your biggest rivals :p

Good business, but i have different management. I trust to young and talent players, wages are as low as possible.

Fans were definitely happy with selling one of the best players to one of your biggest rivals :p

Fans are always unhappy with me when I poach players from my biggest rivals :p I don't mean poaching just one or 2 players... I poach quite a lot from them. :)

I do normally - I would never have bought Robinho because of his wages. And that is why I sold him to Juve and replaced him with Drage who I bought in the first window and had developed :D

Just won europa league, coppa italia and serie-a with a 4-3-1-2. Retrained el sharaawy to a fast striker and hes banging them in all day long. Should not have sold mexes as you can easly swap him with Mohammed Sakho ;) but hes also cheap around 7-10 mill and youll have him. He is better then Toby.

And why not retrain boateng to a bbm middlefielder? hes awesome in this position. ;)

Last edited:
Just won europa league, coppa italia and serie-a with a 4-3-1-2. Retrained el sharaawy to a fast striker and hes banging them in all day long. Should not have sold mexes as you can easly swap him with Mohammed Sakho ;) but hes also cheap around 7-10 mill and youll have him. He is better then Toby.

And why not retrain boateng to a bbm middlefielder? hes awesome in this position. ;)

I've had a little bit of an experience with Boateng and it didn't go so well haha. He's on a huge wage and as you know you start with 2m transfer budget, so this would give me a little bit extra to possibly buy Astori. Also Noch is a great BBM with Flamini as a decent backup.

Wow nice job, that's impressive. I'm not sure on formation so I might take a leaf out of your book and use that formation. Mexes is 30+ and 8m cash and 115k off the wage bill was perfect for me, maybe I'll look at Sahko for money rather than a trade.

Thanks for the responses, as pointed out 25m cash is enough for me to part ways, especially getting rid of his wage too.

I've had a little bit of an experience with Boateng and it didn't go so well haha. He's on a huge wage and as you know you start with 2m transfer budget, so this would give me a little bit extra to possibly buy Astori. Also Noch is a great BBM with Flamini as a decent backup.

Wow nice job, that's impressive. I'm not sure on formation so I might take a leaf out of your book and use that formation. Mexes is 30+ and 8m cash and 115k off the wage bill was perfect for me, maybe I'll look at Sahko for money rather than a trade.

Thanks for the responses, as pointed out 25m cash is enough for me to part ways, especially getting rid of his wage too.

Boateng aint on to high wages? :eek: Robinho and Mexes is, he scored 11 goals and 8 assist from BBM position :)

I played like this:
GK
FB-BPD-CD-FB
BBM-BWM-BBM
TREQ
P P

Balanced strategy
Offensive
Direct passing
Zonal marking
rest on standard.

Also retrained Montolivo to AMC.

Think I may try that tactic, never really used a tactic without wide players and all my previous successful ones have been so terrible on this new patch. I think I'm progressively getting worse at this game haha.

You retrained Montolivo and play him in treq? That works?

Possible Ins:

Insigne - 10-12m - Thinking of rotation with El Shar as I'll have a lot of games being in the CL.

If you're looking towards younger players on lower wages, if I were you, I'd avoid spending 10-12m on Insigne (even though he will turn quality) and I'd sign Neal Maupay from OGC Nice. He's a 15/16 year old Striker, can be signed up for 1.3m and he turns into one of the best Strikers in Europe if nurtured properly. I signed him up on my Leeds game and he scored 24 goals in the npower championship for me.

Think I may try that tactic, never really used a tactic without wide players and all my previous successful ones have been so terrible on this new patch. I think I'm progressively getting worse at this game haha.

You retrained Montolivo and play him in treq? That works?

Might be fun to try something new then ;)
Always been a massive fan of the old 4-3-1-2 and the treq role. And had this idea that monto could play here. And he did very good :)

But one problem i found when using De Jong in the BWM CM was he lack the skills to win the ball in the air. And this was very importent.